Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:10 pm

Ah, multiverses... you know DC could learn a thing or two from you guys; don't think they've actually DONE a tourney like this with all their damned universe. Anyway, good job! Glad there's an update.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:54 pm

I'll help you with the grammar. How do you want it done?

Hmm, actually, it's not that bad. Just a few mistakes here and there.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

SSj Gogito
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSj Gogito » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:19 pm

Great art style i am realy liking it. Do you plan on making future pages color?
Where's The Beef

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:50 pm

The artwork is fantastic.
Trans rights, now!

LSSJ4
Beyond Newbie

Post by LSSJ4 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:46 am

Man, your art is awesome. The only thing that seems to take me out of the experience is the grammar, I understand enough English to understand most of it. Sometimes I don't get what your characters are trying to say, mind you, I love your art and story concept, but the only thing stopping it from being perfect is its spelling, IMO.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:51 am

The artwork is fantastic! :) However, your grammar is not. :shock: Maybe you could get someone here at the forum to help you out with it.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:02 am

Damn it, now I'm hooked!

Gorgeous art! I can't wait for more! :D

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:03 am

Usually I don't like random beat-em-ups, but this is just fun ^^ I don't have a problem with the inconstancies because the nature of the thing is random fun- a bunch of AUs where everybody can keep up.

What I'm really looking forward to are AUs or chars who got dumped after a while- I'd kill to see an awesome Pic in there somewhere, or anyone along the line of the child-of-Kattatsu mythos who can keep up with the sayiajin. That'd be lovely.

I'll be keeping up on this! Cool stuff.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:08 am

Damnit, the artwork is just too good to pass up and now you got me hooked, I need to see some action!!!
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:31 am

How can Vegito be there if Goku and Vegeta are right in front of him. : P They're Vegito!
The same were there's, like, 3 Vegeta's there. That Vegetto is from a different universe.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:46 am

Xyex wrote:
How can Vegito be there if Goku and Vegeta are right in front of him. : P They're Vegito!
The same were there's, like, 3 Vegeta's there. That Vegetto is from a different universe.
Yeah, I noticed that when I read later. That was just my first reaction.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Salagir2

Post by Salagir2 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:51 am

The Time Traveller wrote:I'm still waiting for one of the translators here to offer to help make a Japanese version
Oh, man ! So do I !
DaemonCorps wrote:I especially like how Goten and Trunks' personalities are actually kept.
Which is also a problem as they are now 27 years old adults ;) But I like them that way. After all they're my age and I about as mature ;)
DaemonCorps wrote:I kinda would've liked it if the GT design for Bra was kept though (her hair in the web comic is too out there for me),
10 years old vamp-girls don't do it for me. I even think DBGT Bra is quite offensive.
This is why I added a few years in DBM. And we changed the hair because we didn't like this one but that's of course personnal.
DaemonCorps wrote:shortening her height and having her dress more like her age, so she at least looks around the same age as Pan.
Different sources gave me different ages for Bra and Pan. So I choosed among them a 2 years difference.
Saiyens seem to get to the adult age in a very small period, so I think it's of 14years od Pan looks like she's 12.
bkev wrote:Ah, multiverses... you know DC could learn a thing or two from you guys
Comics (DC or marvel) are a big giant hole in my culture. I read a few and got lost a LOT with the crossovers ;p
How do they keep up continuity ? Oh I guess : they don't, right ? :)
mAcChaos wrote:I'll help you with the grammar. How do you want it done?
Anywone who wants to correct my English is greatly appreciated. Mail me or MP me (i prefer mail, with "DBM" in the suject, at multiverse at salagir. com)
SSj Gogito wrote:Great art style i am realy liking it. Do you plan on making future pages color?
I didn't (expect on special occasion) but a few people proposed their time and sweat to color the pages. I can't refuse that ;)
So there will be colored pages certainly soon.
Stupid things on DBZ - Dragon Ball Multiverse Webcomic
-what happened in dbz today?
-they fought some guy

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:57 am

Oh, wow, Goten and Trunks are 27/28 in this? They sure look 17/18... But yes, very good job keeping their personalities, and especially that kind of "ambuiguity" they have. ;)
Trunks & Goten forever

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:05 pm

Velasa wrote:I'd kill to see an awesome Pic in there somewhere, or anyone along the line of the child-of-Kattatsu mythos who can keep up with the sayiajin. That'd be lovely.
Your dream has become reality:

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-32.html

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:03 pm

Once again, awesome job!

The only suggestion I have is that I think that you guys should make a nice title page (unless of course you've already made one and I'm just too blind to find it)...one that sort of resembles a tankoubon/Kanzenban cover is what I think would look the best.

Also, I'm super pleased to hear that you will get colored pages for those black and white ones! :P

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:53 pm

Enter: The coolest character so far! Wow this getting pretty damn cool!

As far as the English grammar goes, I think that it should be redone. But I have been enjoying the Spanish one quite a bit! :wink: Keep it up!

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:04 pm

I LOVE that ultimate namek guy [all nameks fused into one] and that they said he defeated cell and majin buu ... without saying their names; that was a brilliant idea.

Minus that namek; shouldnt Vegito win te tournament anyways? Since he was the strongest from the show?

SSj Gogito
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSj Gogito » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:11 pm

Nice new page, I'm loving it
Where's The Beef

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:17 pm

I like the idea of 'no one really dies' in this tournament... minus the overuse of the dragonballs BUT if two of the universes got together and fused vegito and gogeta, there would be no stopping them.

QUESTION: Are we counting the ability to go SS4 is SS3 the best they can do?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:35 pm

Personally, I'm hoping that you include Dai Kaioshin in this tournament. He is arguably the strongest unfused, good character in DBZ, plus he looks cool and we never really got to see him do more than one attack. It'd be really cool if you could include all of the Kaioshin since they seem to be pretty decent and interesting fighters too (except for East Kaioshin).