Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dprez
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by dprez » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Multiverse is so god damn awesome. This little online fan manga is drawn beautifully, and lately the writing has been superb. Evil Goku is easily one of the greatest characters that they have introduced thus far. These surreal interactions and scenarios make you appreciate the glory of the Dragon Ball universe even more.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:00 pm

funrush wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:It was also hinted by Salagir that Freeza will have a 5th form as well, I think.
When was that?

That'd be pretty cool.
I can't remember, I think it was in a comment. I remember his saying something like "just because Freeza never did it doesn't mean he doesn't have the potential to do it" or something. Maybe I just heard it though. But the minicomic said that the Coola discovered the 5th form through training, so at least it confirmed that it's not exclusive to him, which fits with what Salagir (possibly) said.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:53 am

Here's my question: why does Freeza have to be any stronger in order to be relevant? Why does power have to be the sole determinant? There's a lot going on in the background of the tournament and Freeza could be just as important as Cell.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:04 pm

Doesn't make sense... Cell dodges to appear behind Bojack to get shot in the face?

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm

hleV wrote:Doesn't make sense... Cell dodges to appear behind Bojack to get shot in the face?
It's obvious Cell's just messing with him, letting Bojack get some free hits just to show that it doesn't effect him.

TonyTheTiger

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:11 pm

Next DBM Special: Bojack and the Magic Earrings.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Scarz wrote:
hleV wrote:Doesn't make sense... Cell dodges to appear behind Bojack to get shot in the face?
It's obvious Cell's just messing with him, letting Bojack get some free hits just to show that it doesn't effect him.
Then why did Cell dodge Bojack's fist..?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:50 pm

hleV wrote:
Scarz wrote:
Still to mess with him, just in a different way.

He dodged the punch to show him that he was faster than Bojack. Now he's taking that blast dead on to show that he's stronger too.

And I can't un-see the disappearing/re-appearing earrings now...
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Cell is easily my favorite villain.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

funrush

Post by funrush » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Loving the art on this page. Bojack's face in panel 3 looks great.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:45 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Cell is easily my favorite villain.
Yea, he is quite the bad-ass. My favorite multiverse character next to Boo and Vegetto. He'd be my number one favorite villain from the main series if I didn't like Super Boo so much.

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Yeah Zen Buu and Cell definitely take the cake in the villain department. They got so much potential

TonyTheTiger

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:40 pm

I like how all of the villains are coming up with their own unique ways to gain an advantage. Freeza and his family know they're not the most powerful at the tournament so they're opting for espionage to basically get around the rules. Cell and Buu, meanwhile, are doing their best to undermine the organizers control, which is already shaky at best.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:11 pm

hleV wrote:
Scarz wrote:
While he missed the punch, Bojack still had fast enough reflexes to nail Cell with the blast.

Too bad that Cell's apparently tough enough to take it.
I play baseball and work in LA.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:31 pm

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:18 pm

That blooper page was actually really enjoyable... shows a little more of the hard work these guys go through.

Pretty funny as well.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Now I'm pissed...the original rough draft apparently had Goku in his blue dogi.

Goku adopting the blue dogi came off as a sign of development for his character to me, even if a bit minor. I don't know why they had to go back and change it the orange, even if it is iconic. It's not like I think he couldn't change to another dogi from the blue one, but putting him in the exact same orange one from the Cell/Buu Arc feels like a wrong step backward to me... I dunno, maybe it's just me. *shurg*
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Storm101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm101 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Next page is leaked, but without text.

Now I'm pissed...the original rough draft apparently had Goku in his blue dogi.

Goku adopting the blue dogi came off as a sign of development for his character to me, even if a bit minor. I don't know why they had to go back and change it the orange, even if it is iconic. It's not like I think he couldn't change to another dogi from the blue one, but putting him in the exact same orange one from the Cell/Buu Arc feels like a wrong step backward to me... I dunno, maybe it's just me. *shurg*
Character development? You mean like a "I'm old and the earth's protection is in the kids hands now" kind of thing? I've always wondered why Goku wore the blue dogi in-universe. I guess that makes sense.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:14 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Now I'm pissed...the original rough draft apparently had Goku in his blue dogi.

You're not alone. I feel like his blue dogi was a sign of some sort of new chapter in his life, where he became his own master.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:23 pm

Storm101 wrote:Character development? You mean like a "I'm old and the earth's protection is in the kids hands now" kind of thing? I've always wondered why Goku wore the blue dogi in-universe. I guess that makes sense.
Not exactly, though that could also work. I just view it more like the transition from student to teacher by retiring his old student colors. (In just the scope of the manga) he has surpassed the highest gods and defeated the universe's greatest foe that threatened everything in existence. So, while he's always open to any method anyone can offer him to better himself, he's also finally considering himself the at the top of the "food chain" and not seeing many hurdles left for him to overcome.

If they wanted to bring the orange colors back for Mutliverse, I wish they would have at least made some sort of effort to acknowledge that it was because the tournament was a special occasion or something (kinda like the JSAT).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)