Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by theherodjl » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:22 pm

Bojack and his gang look like goblins and aside from the one chick with the shorter, black hair, the rest of the girls are as jacked as Rob Liefield's Captain America.
Maybe the plot is about a group of female bodybuilders laying the smackdown all the way down to Goblintown?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:32 pm

theherodjl wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:22 pm Bojack and his gang look like goblins and aside from the one chick with the shorter, black hair, the rest of the girls are as jacked as Rob Liefield's Captain America.
Maybe the plot is about a group of female bodybuilders laying the smackdown all the way down to Goblintown?
The Goblin Slayer AU Fanfic we never knew we wanted.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:57 am

Hmm...something's missing...

Ah, I know...

There. It looks like Berizzo forgot to fill in the inking on Jet & May's mustaches, so I took the liberty of filling those in. Also added a bit of volume to Kat's soul patch, and lengthened his and Kat's mustaches.

Hopefully that'll be the last time I have to do this, but...I dunno. We'll see.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:56 pm

XD Much better

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:48 am

I was thinking to myself, if Syd hits Bojack with the gender power, would he look better or worst than the Kat gang and Zangya, and dammit I don't know which one would be the ideal.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:47 pm

"What's this dump?"
"Tough guy got something to say?"
"...Yeah... I just said it?"
"I can't hear you, my ears have only been half drawn!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:46 pm

Kind of weird that Bojack, face wise, is the least masculine of that group. :lol:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:47 pm

...It looks like he's actually trying. emphasis on "looks"

Getting extreme Baki / Jojo vibes in that last panel! Roflmao!

Well as landscape goes, it's basic but it gets the job done. But wow what a chin! Needless to say, every 90s comic book artist would be goddamn impressed :lol:

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:07 pm

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:20 pm

Bojack: "Join me, Link Gohan, and I will make your face the greatest in Koridai... or else you will die!"
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:54 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:57 am Hmm...something's missing...

Ah, I know...

There. It looks like Berizzo forgot to fill in the inking on Jet & May's mustaches, so I took the liberty of filling those in. Also added a bit of volume to Kat's soul patch, and lengthened his and Kat's mustaches.

Hopefully that'll be the last time I have to do this, but...I dunno. We'll see.
I'm sorry, did I miss the page where these characters were said to use he/him pronouns?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:51 pm

goku1234 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:07 pm Image
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
That last panel, I swear to god he's fucking with us. "It can always be worst! Much Worst!"

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:23 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:54 am I'm sorry, did I miss the page where these characters were said to use he/him pronouns?
It's a dig on the artwork. They're not supposed to look like mustachioed men, but their lips are drawn in such a way as to resemble mustaches. Between that, and muscles more defined than even Bojack's, they look more masculine than they should.

This isn't a case of "lol, cross-dressers/gay people are funny". It's Berizzo taking questionable liberties with characters that are supposed to be the epitome of "conventionally attractive female". Especially galling because some of us have seen his work on Super Dragon Bros. Z—we know for a fact that he can do better, if he really wanted to.
EDIT:
Berizzo even manages to draw his females a bit better—or at least, have a more appealing art style. The puffy lips are still frequently there, but not drawn in such a way as to look like mustaches.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:28 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:23 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:54 am I'm sorry, did I miss the page where these characters were said to use he/him pronouns?
It's a dig on the artwork. They're not supposed to look like mustachioed men, but their lips are drawn in such a way as to resemble mustaches. Between that, and muscles more defined than even Bojack's, they look more masculine than they should.

This isn't a case of "lol, cross-dressers/gay people are funny". It's Berizzo taking questionable liberties with characters that are supposed to be the epitome of "conventionally attractive female". Especially galling because some of us have seen his work on Super Dragon Bros. Z—we know for a fact that he can do better, if he really wanted to.
EDIT:
Berizzo even manages to draw his females a bit better—or at least, have a more appealing art style. The puffy lips are still frequently there, but not drawn in such a way as to look like mustaches.
Wow, so he actually knows how to draw women...I guess he went in wanting people to suffer during this special.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:33 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:23 pm

EDIT:
Your actions and choice of words are still an issue here. You're still going through the motions of "lol they look like what I think men look like!" which...is just weird. Can you not express your sentiment without tired bullshit like misgendering or changing art to add facial hair?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Drepanosaurus

Post by Drepanosaurus » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:21 pm

Why do they keep on doing these pointless specials?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:05 pm

I blame Toyo for bringing the Bojack gang in the form of the Heatas. Maybe if this manga arc never happened, we wouldn't be getting this dumb story of this boring as fuck crew.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:43 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:05 pm I blame Toyo for bringing the Bojack gang in the form of the Heatas. Maybe if this manga arc never happened, we wouldn't be getting this dumb story of this boring as fuck crew.
This special was hinted at a few years ago but the artist might've only recently finished it. At the end of the second round, it said we would see what happened to U6 after they returned home.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:49 pm

Huh. I thought she'd reveal more than love pheromones, cue Bojack being induced with something that'd cause extreme vertigo.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:49 am

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:33 pm Your actions and choice of words are still an issue here. You're still going through the motions of "lol they look like what I think men look like!" which...is just weird. Can you not express your sentiment without tired bullshit like misgendering or changing art to add facial hair?
This is an area of my personality that I've had to apologize for before—it's absolutely a place I need to grow. So I thought about it, and I
think you're right to say that I shouldn't have intentionally misgendered them. I should've just said "here, let me fix their moustaches" or "I wonder how they grew moustaches" or "Berizzo's making a very interesting decision, giving them moustaches like that", and that would have gotten the point across.

That being said, the changing art is critical to the point—that I barely changed anything to make them look the way they are. Compare:

Their lips, honest to goodness, look like finely manicured mustaches to my eyes—so does Zangya's, for that matter. It's a consistent problem across all the females with this special. What makes it especially jarring is that Bojack himself doesn't have this problem:

Is that fair?