Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by coola » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:07 pm

So special started earlier than intended, looking forward to it, i ve been waiting for it for a long time :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:09 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:06 am We aren't our parents. We may be like them, but we aren't them. We can easily agree with that, but why we can't apply that same logic to Bra and Vegeta, I just don't understand.
We can apply that logic. There's literally two Bras at this tournament, showing the difference in how they were raised and how that changed their personalities.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:40 pm

I too am iffy at how easy a lot of these characters became majin, but I don't think it's exactly a plothole. I got the sense that in the boo arc, Goku and Vegeta were just so far ahead of anything babidi could throw at them, whether it be yakkon, dabura, his mind control etc. I got the sense that in a lot of ways the other minions of babidi were basically chumps to have fallen for the mind control in the first place, and Vegeta being such an excellent warrior (the 2nd strongest being in the universe at the time) meant he was above being controlled. I can definitely see someone like freeza, who has never trained a day in his life and is pretty emotional and petty, could be easily controlled.

But all the manga really says is that Vegeta had too much pride to be fully controlled, so I can just accept that Vegeta had more pride than Bra and Cell and not worry too much.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:35 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:40 pm But all the manga really says is that Vegeta had too much pride to be fully controlled, so I can just accept that Vegeta had more pride than Bra and Cell and not worry too much.
Cell isn't truly under control, either. He was caught by surprise by the attack, and decided...

1) He sensed that Babidi had a grander scheme in mind; one that would allow him to fight Gohan.

2) He fully expected to be able to break free from Babidi's control when it became convenient (which he probably could)

3) The attack caught him by surprise, and it WAS giving him a hard time, so he decided it'd be wiser to play along till he knew more about it.

The novelization goes into all that.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:40 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:35 pm
Jack Bz wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:40 pm But all the manga really says is that Vegeta had too much pride to be fully controlled, so I can just accept that Vegeta had more pride than Bra and Cell and not worry too much.
Cell isn't truly under control, either. He was caught by surprise by the attack, and decided...

1) He sensed that Babidi had a grander scheme in mind; one that would allow him to fight Gohan.

2) He fully expected to be able to break free from Babidi's control when it became convenient (which he probably could)

3) The attack caught him by surprise, and it WAS giving him a hard time, so he decided it'd be wiser to play along till he knew more about it.

All that makes sense as well. Having Bra go under full control just because they need a threat to Gohan is lazy writing when you could easily go with Bra wants to fight Gohan or her father which fits in line with her character.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:54 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:40 pm
Fionordequester wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:35 pm

All that makes sense as well. Having Bra go under full control just because they need a threat to Gohan is lazy writing when you could easily go with Bra wants to fight Gohan or her father which fits in line with her character.
We don't know that isn't the case with Bra, the fact he only called her in at the last second to save him makes me think he knows he isn't in full control of her.

I'm only annoyed Bardock was not strong enough willed to exist. He's probably less evil than pre end of Buu vegeta, I'm pretty sure he admits his saiyans were evil and shitty.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:39 pm

You know what would have been a pretty cool universe? Cooler tractor-beaming the pod, and deciding to invest in a baby Kakarot, just to screw with Freeza later on.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:25 am

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:39 pm Image

You know what would have been a pretty cool universe? Cooler tractor-beaming the pod, and deciding to invest in a baby Kakarot, just to screw with Freeza later on.
Yeah I've had the same idea, but like he gets him later in db after seeing vegeta co. Being good at their jobs.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed May 01, 2019 2:37 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 01, 2019 3:41 pm

'That escalated quickly'
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 01, 2019 4:04 pm

coola wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:37 pm Image
If he could have killed him that easily, why didn’t he in any other timeline?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed May 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Why did Freeza think attempting to belittle his brother who was three forms above him at that moment was a good idea?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed May 01, 2019 10:35 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:12 pm Why did Freeza think attempting to belittle his brother who was three forms above him at that moment was a good idea?
Because though big brothers say they'll kill their little siblings, you don't think they'd mean it. :wink:

Also, because apparently the previous page was deleted

I wonder if it was necessary for Freeza to die.
HeroR wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:04 pm If he could have killed him that easily, why didn’t he in any other timeline?
Good question. Sure, Cooler wanted to kill Freeza, but he's always held back, until now.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Thu May 02, 2019 12:03 pm

That did escalate quickly and frankly this isn't being very convincing to me. I highly doubt Cooler would outright attack (and kill) Freeza all of the sudden - and if he did, I'm sure Freeza wouldn't die from his attack regardless of whatever gap there is between their power but alas - over something like this. I mean, I know they are both petty enough to kill a random soldier on a whim but straight up attacking their own blood... It's different.

Another thing that is bothering me: if this is a chapter about "a world without Goku", why is the story focusing too much on Cooler and Freeza? Couldn't just be condensed on a narration like "Then Freeza was killed by Coola in an argument..." and then move on to Earth?
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 02, 2019 1:27 pm

Rubens wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:03 pmAnother thing that is bothering me: if this is a chapter about "a world without Goku", why is the story focusing too much on Cooler and Freeza? Couldn't just be condensed on a narration like "Then Freeza was killed by Coola in an argument..." and then move on to Earth?
From what I recall, Coola's Empire has been mentioned as a major thing from the Universe 9 Fighters before, so this story is probably going to cover the Earthlings VS Cooler, so maybe the writer thought how Cooler killed Frieza and got control was important to have a scene around.

Doesn't stop it from feeli g rushed as all hell

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu May 02, 2019 1:30 pm

Rubens wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:03 pm That did escalate quickly and frankly this isn't being very convincing to me. I highly doubt Cooler would outright attack (and kill) Freeza all of the sudden - and if he did, I'm sure Freeza wouldn't die from his attack regardless of whatever gap there is between their power but alas - over something like this. I mean, I know they are both petty enough to kill a random soldier on a whim but straight up attacking their own blood... It's different.

Another thing that is bothering me: if this is a chapter about "a world without Goku", why is the story focusing too much on Cooler and Freeza? Couldn't just be condensed on a narration like "Then Freeza was killed by Coola in an argument..." and then move on to Earth?
Seems in character to me, Cooler had always had thoughts of eventually killing even Cold to take over and quite openly resented/hated his brother in DBM canon.

It's repeatedly shown throughout the entire DBZ saga that a weak attack can take out a stronger opponent if they're taken off-guard. Freeza being overly arrogant and never expecting Cooler to actually do it is in character for him.

And this chapter is only 2 pages in...bit early to complain that it's not about Earth yet when there's 25-30 pages or whatever left. 5% of a total story being a prologue isn't a bad ratio.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 am

Kanassa wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:27 pmFrom what I recall, Coola's Empire has been mentioned as a major thing from the Universe 9 Fighters before, so this story is probably going to cover the Earthlings VS Cooler, so maybe the writer thought how Cooler killed Frieza and got control was important to have a scene around.

Doesn't stop it from feeli g rushed as all hell
I guess so. To be honest I don't know which era the Earth part of the story is going to be covered and I assumed it was going to about "pre-Z", so this might be setting up a future event that's going to be covered.
Brikikoz wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:30 pmSeems in character to me, Cooler had always had thoughts of eventually killing even Cold to take over and quite openly resented/hated his brother in DBM canon.

It's repeatedly shown throughout the entire DBZ saga that a weak attack can take out a stronger opponent if they're taken off-guard. Freeza being overly arrogant and never expecting Cooler to actually do it is in character for him.

And this chapter is only 2 pages in...bit early to complain that it's not about Earth yet when there's 25-30 pages or whatever left. 5% of a total story being a prologue isn't a bad ratio.
I'm not entirely convinced, it is true Cooler did intend to take on Freeza at some point but it feels sudden to me and wouldn't Freeza know what to expect from him? I get he would probably be arrogant enough to confront Cooler and not expect him to retaliate, but I believe Freeza would be smart enough to approach his brother with caution.

About the pages, yeah I suppose it's still early to question the story's direction, I'll wait for the next pages first.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 03, 2019 6:45 am

Rubens wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 am I get he would probably be arrogant enough to confront Cooler and not expect him to retaliate, but I believe Freeza would be smart enough to approach his brother with caution.
I don't. After the way he tried to kill SSJ Goku... AFTER being cut in half, after Goku had JUST decided to spare his life, with energy GOKU HIMSELF GAVE HIM... And then immediately decided to go chasing after him on Earth the first chance he got...

Frankly, Freeza's delusional enough that I'd believe just about anything.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Fri May 03, 2019 10:06 am

Fionordequester wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:45 am
Rubens wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 am I get he would probably be arrogant enough to confront Cooler and not expect him to retaliate, but I believe Freeza would be smart enough to approach his brother with caution.
I don't. After the way he tried to kill SSJ Goku... AFTER being cut in half, after Goku had JUST decided to spare his life, with energy GOKU HIMSELF GAVE HIM... And then immediately decided to go chasing after him on Earth the first chance he got...

Frankly, Freeza's delusional enough that I'd believe just about anything.
That's true, although in that case is different because Freeza considered Goku beneath him and once he got overpowered he was in denial and when defeated, he felt humiliated. I just think in Cooler's case particularly, since they are siblings and are aware of what each other's status and what are capable of, I would need a more convincing way to see Cooler killing him. That's just my opinion anyway.
I'm back!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri May 03, 2019 10:54 am

Rubens wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 am
Brikikoz wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:30 pmSeems in character to me, Cooler had always had thoughts of eventually killing even Cold to take over and quite openly resented/hated his brother in DBM canon.

I'm not entirely convinced, it is true Cooler did intend to take on Freeza at some point but it feels sudden to me and wouldn't Freeza know what to expect from him? I get he would probably be arrogant enough to confront Cooler and not expect him to retaliate, but I believe Freeza would be smart enough to approach his brother with caution.

About the pages, yeah I suppose it's still early to question the story's direction, I'll wait for the next pages first.
I can believe that Frieza would be arrogant enough to fuck himself over in this way, but the oddness fo this scene comes from how easily it occured and was to do. It stands out as awkward because if something so simple was enough to make Cooler finally murder Frieza, why has it taken until now to happen? How did this not occur in all the other timelines? This whole conversation before the killing blow sounds like it would be a usual thing for the two, so why is it now that Cooler decides that he'll go through with killing Frieza?

Hell, from the way the conversation went, it almost looks like Cooler just can't tolerate Frieza's lack of manners. "We may be tyrannical overlords, but by god, you better say your pleases and thank yous or you're getting a death beam up the ass. You can't piss on hospitality, I WON'T ALLOW IT!"

Kanassa wrote: