Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Rubens » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:39 pm

Perhaps the point of this (short) sub-plot was for Ginyu to realize what kind of an opponent someone like Vegetto really is, which may also mean it won't be the end of it: if he is indeed that great of a fighter, he'll learn from this experience and think up a strategy in the meantime. Either way, I'm sure the next page will point us in the right direction, although I honestly hope it's the next fight.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:01 pm

ParkerAL wrote:It is silly how much control Vegito had over this situation. He didn't slip up once. Not even a little bit.

Unless...

Maybe Ginyu's change ability doesn't work on unconscious bodies? Maybe he needs direct contact with the person's mouth for it to work? Maybe he's still tricking Vegeto?

Until the next page, I can hold out hope, can't I?

On a more positive note, the way Vegito greets his daughter here is sweet.
Maybe like 20 chapters later they will reveal one of those to be the case and Bra was really still Ginyu the whole time!

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:35 pm

goku1234 wrote:Image
captin giyu got OWN!!!
Pssh, called it! lol There's a small chance that there could still be something fishy but I doubt it.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:11 pm

Upon a second look something may be fishy. Who says Bra/Ginyu may be faking. Since when could Ginyu's beam hit through the glass without shattering it?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:43 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Upon a second look something may be fishy. Who says Bra/Ginyu may be faking. Since when could Ginyu's beam hit through the glass without shattering it?
Gohan immediately feel that Goku isn't his dad anymore, I'm sure Vegetto could also tell that body change didnt work, family intuition :wink:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:09 am

Gohan noticed a difference because he genuinely loves his dad. Vegetto is an asshole and there's a chance he might not notice.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:59 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Gohan noticed a difference because he genuinely loves his dad. Vegetto is an asshole and there's a chance he might not notice.
That too.
Idk I'm just holding on to a bit of hope because I'm sick of U16 being glorified

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:11 pm

The scenario that fits Bardock's vision can't be Ginyu in Vegetto's body and Vegetto in Bra's body, because in the visions Bra says "My father" implying it's the real Bra (and possibly but not necessarily the real Vegetto). One option is that the injured Cold Ginyu hits Vegetto with the change beam. This entire thing could be a fake out though, so the other option is that the Vegetto going nuts is just the real Vegetto through other means.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:34 pm

Rubens wrote:Perhaps the point of this (short) sub-plot was for Ginyu to realize what kind of an opponent someone like Vegetto really is, which may also mean it won't be the end of it: if he is indeed that great of a fighter, he'll learn from this experience and think up a strategy in the meantime. Either way, I'm sure the next page will point us in the right direction, although I honestly hope it's the next fight.
Ginyu isn't surviivng this. Freeza and Cooler are probably going to kill him now.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:41 pm

I feel more sad than upset. This was a waste of a great plot after a brilliant twist.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:50 pm

Regarder wrote:The scenario that fits Bardock's vision can't be Ginyu in Vegetto's body and Vegetto in Bra's body, because in the visions Bra says "My father" implying it's the real Bra (and possibly but not necessarily the real Vegetto). One option is that the injured Cold Ginyu hits Vegetto with the change beam. This entire thing could be a fake out though, so the other option is that the Vegetto going nuts is just the real Vegetto through other means.
Cold's eye does look a little open after the beam. Maybe a quick double change.... Seems like Vegetto would expect that though.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:15 pm

HeroR wrote:I feel more sad than upset. This was a waste of a great plot after a brilliant twist.
Not just that. Salagir wasted a chapter just to give Bra and Vegetto more screen time.

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:58 am

Does anyone know if there is somewhere on the net where at least most of these chapters/pages are in like one big RAR or ZIP file? I don't get internet access very often, so it would take to long to download one page at a time... It's been a few years since Iv'e read this comic, and It would be nice to catch up on it. :)
My Youtube account (Coycoy88)

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:27 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:Gohan noticed a difference because he genuinely loves his dad. Vegetto is an asshole and there's a chance he might not notice.
That too.
Idk I'm just holding on to a bit of hope because I'm sick of U16 being glorified
There was two hints that u16 is shitty where they ate dinner silently while 18 and f.trunks joked around.

And another where u18 protected each other from buu while 16 piccolo was left to be swallowed up.

But other than that he's been playing it straight that “my waifu and her dad who can totally beat up your dad are totally awesome guys.” Shame Bra is back but oh well it's his story, shame we saw this instead of Raichi Ghast and now a special that has a 80% chance of being bad.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:07 am

TobyS wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
That too.
There was two hints that u16 is shitty where they ate dinner silently while 18 and f.trunks joked around.

And another where u18 protected each other from buu while 16 piccolo was left to be swallowed up.

But other than that he's been playing it straight that “my waifu and her dad who can totally beat up your dad are totally awesome guys.” Shame Bra is back but oh well it's his story, shame we saw this instead of Raichi Ghast and now a special that has a 80% chance of being bad.
Obviously, we are still going to see Raichi vs Gast.

And yes, I think that the comic has portrayed universe 16 as being more powerful but unmistakably shittier than universe 18, which makes sense since universe 18 is the main universe and will still have its chance to shine, imo.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:53 pm

TobyS wrote:

These are some good points. It does seem U16, while more powerful than U18, is a lot colder. Hopefully they do something with that. Right now, U16 seems to only exist to tell us how awesome Vegetto and Bra are. Which wouldn't be too much of a problem if they were likable.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:58 pm

They aren't supposed to be very likeable. Just powerful. They aren't the main characters even though they have plenty of screen time due to how their power makes them very relevant.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:59 pm

rereboy wrote:They aren't supposed to be very likeable. Just powerful. They aren't the main characters even though they have plenty of screen time due to how their power makes them very relevant.
They might as well be the main character given all the screen time and mini stories they have. U18 certainly are not the main characters since they get almost no focus or development.

So no, until proven otherwise, they are the main characters.
Kanassa wrote:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:34 pm

HeroR wrote:
rereboy wrote:They aren't supposed to be very likeable. Just powerful. They aren't the main characters even though they have plenty of screen time due to how their power makes them very relevant.
They might as well be the main character given all the screen time and mini stories they have. U18 certainly are not the main characters since they get almost no focus or development.

So no, until proven otherwise, they are the main characters.
The tournament was introduced and viewed through universe 18's perspective, as well as much of the events in the the tournament, and we even have a vision from the future implying that sooner or later universe 16 (Vegetto) will become a problem.

If you want to simply look at screen time, go ahead, but that's hardly all there is to it, imo, especially when there are other reasons for the extra screen time (aka their power making them automatically relevant anytime something happens), and when universe 18 has also had plenty of pages and panels despite having less relevant fights.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:46 pm

rereboy wrote:
The tournament was introduced and viewed through universe 18's perspective, as well as much of the events in the the tournament, and we even have a vision from the future implying that sooner or later universe 16 (Vegetto) will become a problem.

If you want to simply look at screen time, go ahead, but that's hardly all there is to it, imo, especially when there are other reasons for the extra screen time (aka their power making them automatically relevant anytime something happens), and when universe 18 has also had plenty of pages and panels despite having less relevant fights.
The tournament may have been introduced through U18's eyes, but they are not the main characters since they're so out of focus to the point that they're just there as witnesses. At best, they're decoy protagonists or U16 are the spotlight stealing squad.
Kanassa wrote: