Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:21 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:15 am
Lukmendes wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:13 am I'm only wondering what the hell she's frustrated at, and more importantly, what regrets... Seriously, she lives in what's practicaly a perfect world where they can abuse dragon balls for whatever dumb wish (Which she points out when fighting one of those guys who have advanced technology) and have plenty of senzu, what's there to regret?
She's torn between her heroic upbringing, and her own villainous desires. She's frustrated at never being able to overcome her own weaknesses (her lack of self-control & inferiority to Vegito), and regrets all of the problems she's caused her family...

Probably, she had days where she wished she could just give in, embrace all of her worst impulses, and just not worry about anyone but herself... And Babidi was more than willing to take advantage of that.
She did that through most of the tournament, especially the King Cold fight.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:56 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:15 am She's torn between her heroic upbringing, and her own villainous desires. She's frustrated at never being able to overcome her own weaknesses (her lack of self-control & inferiority to Vegito), and regrets all of the problems she's caused her family...
The way Piccolo worded it makes her sound a lot less her selfish desires and more that she's been suffering with something though.
Probably, she had days where she wished she could just give in, embrace all of her worst impulses, and just not worry about anyone but herself... And Babidi was more than willing to take advantage of that.
But she only has been doing that in the tournament, specificaly she killed Zangya when she shouldn't have to, and guess what? Even though Vegetto ordered her to not do it, he said "You did the best you could, good job kiddo", sure Piccolo said "over the years", but it does hint that if she can get away with this kind of shit, then she's pretty spoiled, unless she has regrets in spite of being spoiled, but in either the main comic or the U16's specials, we don't see it, she even tried to blow up Earth that one time and didn't really look sorry for it...
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:22 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:15 am
Lukmendes wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:13 am I'm only wondering what the hell she's frustrated at, and more importantly, what regrets... Seriously, she lives in what's practicaly a perfect world where they can abuse dragon balls for whatever dumb wish (Which she points out when fighting one of those guys who have advanced technology) and have plenty of senzu, what's there to regret?
She's torn between her heroic upbringing, and her own villainous desires. She's frustrated at never being able to overcome her own weaknesses (her lack of self-control & inferiority to Vegito), and regrets all of the problems she's caused her family...

She definitely didnt seem to regret almost killing Gohan as a kid.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:54 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:22 pm She definitely didnt seem to regret almost killing Gohan as a kid.
Yes; as a kid. The primary difference between kids and adults is that adults (generally) have a much stronger moral compass. As for Zangya, she WAS visibly upset with her failure to hold back...

...Not necessarily upset with having killed Zangya, as she did sort of have it coming... But she still wishes she hadn't failed.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:19 am

I know this is super pedantic but I've just realised what was bugging me.

Piccolos think Cell deliberately spared them.

But it's a leap to assume even if he did that he'd have also have survived Gohan. One doesn't follow the other.

Cell just wanted a good fight, only accepted babidi to get the power up but can probably resist full control if Vegeta can.

So maybe he's satisfied with the Gohan fight and will now help them fight Bra either as thanks or whatever cause it'd also be a good fight.

Wonder where he's at after that zenkai! Maybe he kills babidi to narrow the gap between him and bra even more.

Perhaps he waits till both Gohans are down and bras a bit tired and then kills babidi before taking her on?

But then why leave Piccolo alive?

Cell Piccolo fused and 2 gohans vs bra?

Interesting....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:03 pm

TobyS wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:19 am I know this is super pedantic but I've just realised what was bugging me.

Piccolos think Cell deliberately spared them.

But it's a leap to assume even if he did that he'd have also have survived Gohan. One doesn't follow the other.

Cell just wanted a good fight, only accepted babidi to get the power up but can probably resist full control if Vegeta can.

So maybe he's satisfied with the Gohan fight and will now help them fight Bra either as thanks or whatever cause it'd also be a good fight.

Wonder where he's at after that zenkai! Maybe he kills babidi to narrow the gap between him and bra even more.

Perhaps he waits till both Gohans are down and bras a bit tired and then kills babidi before taking her on?

But then why leave Piccolo alive?

Cell Piccolo fused and 2 gohans vs bra?

Interesting....
Maybe Cell couldn't break free Babidi's control. Of course, he wanted the power, and he wanted to destroy Gohan. But perhaps he left the Piccolos alive as insurance, hoping they would kill Babidi and free him from his spell. I'm pretty sure Cell is dead, though, so I don't think things are going the way he hoped.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:02 pm

...You were saying :lol: ?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:43 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:02 pm Image

How the heck do you make the cells in your head stronger? That is such BS, but then again Cell runs on BS after one cell in his head magically survived his suicide attempt or him coming back after Goku literally blew his upper body up.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:50 pm

HeroR wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:43 pm How the heck do you make the cells in your head stronger?
When Goku blocks a sword with his fingers, it's because he concentrates his ki in his fingers, not because his skin is naturally harder than metal or whatever. This Cell does the same with his nucleus.

See also Vegito fighting as a candy.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:08 pm

Marco Polo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:50 pm
HeroR wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:43 pm How the heck do you make the cells in your head stronger?
When Goku blocks a sword with his fingers, it's because he concentrates his ki in his fingers, not because his skin is naturally harder than metal or whatever. This Cell does the same with his nucleus.

See also Vegito fighting as a candy.
Putting ki into your finger is hardly the same as putting ki into a particular cell in your brain.

And Vegito being a strong candy was magical in nature.
Kanassa wrote:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:48 pm

This is dumb as hell. Cell is still a type of living organism, at one point or another his brain should stop functioning whilst being dissolved and with it any control of his ki should be extinguished, even if we are to supposedly accept he can fuel more ki to his nucleus than his actual body.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:09 pm

This being Cell's keikaku doori is extremely dumb. That doesn't justify his dumbfounded reaction and counting on being reduced to his nucleus but not dying is a huge risk even with some BS about training.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:12 pm

careful cell, your Goku is showing.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:14 pm

HeroR wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:08 pm Putting ki into your finger is hardly the same as putting ki into a particular cell in your brain.
Based off what? Ki is a completely fictional substance. With fiction all that matters is the established rules. So where's the inconsistency here? It's not crazy for Cell to do a better version of something already well established. Honestly, if you think about it most cells on a fighter's body have to be somewhat reinforced by ki when fighting, otherwise those cells would be destroyed and the fighter's body would be turned to mush by every strong attack. Despite Multiverse's flaws, I think people are deliberately looking for things to have a problem with now.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:54 am

Regarder wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:14 pm
HeroR wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:08 pm Putting ki into your finger is hardly the same as putting ki into a particular cell in your brain.
Based off what? Ki is a completely fictional substance. With fiction all that matters is the established rules. So where's the inconsistency here? It's not crazy for Cell to do a better version of something already well established. Honestly, if you think about it most cells on a fighter's body have to be somewhat reinforced by ki when fighting, otherwise those cells would be destroyed and the fighter's body would be turned to mush by every strong attack. Despite Multiverse's flaws, I think people are deliberately looking for things to have a problem with now.
Let's talk established rules: Ki is not something that is involuntarily controlled like a heartbeat or taking a breath, or in Cell's case, automatic regeneration from a single cell. You must will your power into existence. You must use the energy within your body and your mind to fire energy or fortify yourself...and Cell's body was was completely atomized by Gohan. So how is Cell going to will the energy from within to protect his nucleus, when he has no body or mind to will energy from?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:19 am

How far does Cell's keikaku go? Was he planning this when he tried to stop Gohan from fighting by taking a hostage? Was he already preparing to work with Gohan when he injured his hand beyond usability?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:40 am

Fionordequester wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:02 pm Image

Wait? I confused? So Cell was a allies on the good side of so the two Gohan can power up and defect the evils!?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:30 am

Wait, what? So this was all part of some plan by Cell so he could defeat Bra? Why? What's his end goal here? To destroy Babidi and regain control? If he was able to enact such a plan, he's obviously not under Babidi's control anyway. I mean, even when Dabura defied Babidi, it was in an attempt to protect him from Buu. The only other time someone refused Babidi's orders while under his control was when Vegeta insisted on fighting Goku, and that was because defeating Goku was the only thing that was important to him (and the entire reason he allowed his mind to be taken). He was just too proud and stubborn to give in. Cell just seems to be doing whatever he wants.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:59 am

FoolsGil wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:54 am
Regarder wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:14 pm
Let's talk established rules: Ki is not something that is involuntarily controlled like a heartbeat or taking a breath, or in Cell's case, automatic regeneration from a single cell. You must will your power into existence. You must use the energy within your body and your mind to fire energy or fortify yourself...and Cell's body was was completely atomized by Gohan. So how is Cell going to will the energy from within to protect his nucleus, when he has no body or mind to will energy from?
This. His mind was destroyed and with it his ability to put Ki in a section of head to keep particular cells alive. Like Goku only had to drop his guard for a moment to get his heart pierced by a common laser.

And even ignoring that, Cell’s survival is BS for the reason this poster listed.
Kanassa wrote:

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:17 am

If someone made a ki ball and then lost consciousness/died, would that ki instantly disappate? Goku shot a ki attack up in Super to revive himself with the shock when it came back down. Imagine the same thing but with an aura reinforcing the entirety of the body.