Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zephyr
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Zephyr » Fri May 14, 2021 10:57 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:21 pm Why is this fan manga's version of Broly such a Gary Stu? It's funny. He makes a character named Mary Sue as a gag character, then does the trope for real with Broly and discount, female Vegeta.
Multiverse's narrative is clearly building up to a final showdown between Broly and Bra.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri May 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Yeah this epilogue probably could have done all this in one update, maybe two. Just keep milking it. :|

Oh, and in other, more interesting news, DBM is now hosting another fan comic.
Starting tomorrow, a new comic will be released on the site DBMultiverse ON TOP OF the other, at three pages per week!

See you Saturday at the usual 8pm (Paris time) to read the beginning of Namekseijin Densetsu by Goten-kun!

Hopefully it will be better written. I wonder if they will do the same for others. Dragonball Raido and Dragonball Elsewhere could use more eyes.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri May 14, 2021 5:16 pm

What??? so, Broly just powered up and blew up the biggest black hole around, while also de-spaghettificating himself???

They wrote themselves into a corner just to say oh yeah, fuck corners.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri May 14, 2021 5:28 pm

Well... This special chapter was a waste of time story wise. And it's such a shame, 'cos Rogeru's art is gorgeous. It's the only thing that makes this chapter worthy of reading (I'm repeating myself, I know...).
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri May 14, 2021 6:38 pm

This was like a story I played out with my action figures one time.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

The Jackal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Jackal » Fri May 14, 2021 7:47 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:16 pm They wrote themselves into a corner just to say oh yeah, fuck corners.
Not the first time they've done that, and not the last the time, I'm sure.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri May 14, 2021 10:22 pm

To be "concentrating too much energy" to the point of blowing up a galaxy from within it's black hole center, Broly would have to be generating power equivalent to the big bang or some such nonsense. That means SSJ3 Vegetto also has the power of the big bang if he defeated such a guy.
Salagir just went full-DBS by having the characters be haxxed universe busters with the only limitation being whatever he decides to rudely impose upon them.
Awesome...not. :thumbdown:
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri May 14, 2021 11:12 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:22 pm To be "concentrating too much energy" to the point of blowing up a galaxy from within it's black hole center, Broly would have to be generating power equivalent to the big bang or some such nonsense. That means SSJ3 Vegetto also has the power of the big bang if he defeated such a guy.
Salagir just went full-DBS by having the characters be haxxed universe busters with the only limitation being whatever he decides to rudely impose upon them.
Awesome...not. :thumbdown:
I've always assumed the strongest characters in the Buu saga could destroy a few multi-solar systems at best but there's a part of the fanbase that believed they reached galaxy level. SSJG Goku and a suppressed Beerus threatened the universe so if it was true that Cell could destroy the solar system then it's possible galaxy level has been reached sometime in the Buu saga.

In DBM, SSJ3 Vegetto and a lucky alternate universe Broly who survived a few encounters with the Z fighters are the two strongest in raw power. U4 Buu is around SSJ2 Vegetto tier but likely the strongest in overall abilities since he wasn't worried about taking on Broly if Vegetto failed. The only time he was surprised in the tournament so far was against Gast's ability since it might've been some Namekian magic or telekinesis he hasn't experienced before. He'll probably find a way to counter it though since in his universe some wizards attempted to seal him with a spell similar to Babidi's but he learned to counter it. That leaves XXI who is some unknown ancient magician and it was implied that his universe diverged millions of years ago.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat May 15, 2021 2:59 am

*sigh*

Yep, that was stupid. Just like the last arc of the main story was.

Yeah, the art was good. But good art can only go so far.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat May 15, 2021 3:50 am

Oh god, it was even dumber than I could have anticipated!

I mean let me clarify...

A godlike warrior surviving a black hole and blowing up a galaxy sounds epic! It IS epic. And I'm sure it's happened in fiction before.

But it still has to make sense! What sense is this? Broly is stronger than human stupidity because Salagir ran with the fan misunderstanding of a poorly-dubbed line that badly implied that Broly gets stronger automatically. So the guy's wanked to the point his dick suffers spaghettification in a story that's quite literally "Broly appears, everyone dies."
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat May 15, 2021 7:25 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:50 am Oh god, it was even dumber than I could have anticipated!
It's even worse than you think—it also directly contradicts Salagir's own words on what Broly can, and cannot, withstand, and what happened in Universe 20. Axalon, on the DBM fan-forums, made a good write up on this:
Axalon wrote: "Let us take a journey back...to page 186.

This is the very same Broly that escaped the black hole in the special just now. A much stronger one in fact. Well here is what Salagir had to say about Broly back then.

We need to pay particular attention to this last bit, which I will break into pieces to help explain the utter travesty that has just happened.

"3) Bonus rule: if Broly was to become strong enough (which shall happen if vegetto let him breath in LSSJ state too long)"

This establishes that we are in fact talking about Broly as he is right now, as he catches Vegito's attack. Not the one in the special.

"...he could be so powerful that the sun wouldn't be so much traumatic. We would need bigger stars like Canis Majoris. If it keeps like this, would need a black hole..."

So if Vegito KEEPS letting him power up, then Broly would need a black hole. Which he's already apparently escaped from.

"In universe 20, Broly wasn't stronger than black holes"

Until he was.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:19 am

In Broly and Salagir's defense SpaceGodzilla also pulled himself out of a Black hole. He did so by using a white hole but he went in as a baby and came out fully grown.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat May 15, 2021 10:13 am

Characters in modern Dragon Ball are already destroying the universe through shockwaves, so this isn't out of the realm of possibility for DB standards. Still, it is really stupid when acted out entirely. Couldn't Salagir write it so that Broly destroyed the black hole before entering it or something?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat May 15, 2021 12:26 pm

Yuji wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:13 am Characters in modern Dragon Ball are already destroying the universe through shockwaves, so this isn't out of the realm of possibility for DB standards. Still, it is really stupid when acted out entirely. Couldn't Salagir write it so that Broly destroyed the black hole before entering it or something?
DBS at least has the excuse of God Ki, Hakaishin, and other plot devices that allow characters to one-shot universes. DBM however, has much less justification to give the characters such feats of power other than to hype up the power creep.
Salagir's writing ability is like reverse wine, it just gets worse with age.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat May 15, 2021 12:59 pm

I don't think the issue is Broly destroying a black hole, but the fact that he was shown to suffer the worst effects of it. It's like if the creature from Alien IV survived going through that hole in the window.

Broly can now regenerate himself, he can collect his spaghettified atoms and put himself back together. Why didn't Buu do the same? He was stated to be even stronger than Broly and is made of stuff that would make it a piece of cake. It's not even bad writing, it's troll writing.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Sat May 15, 2021 1:17 pm

On one hand, another dumb soecial nobody cares about? There goes another few months without the main story progressing.
On the other, do we really want to go back to Vegitto being retconned into a villain and everyone, from the characters to the story itself, bending over backwards to praise how pure and innocent Bra is?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat May 15, 2021 3:59 pm

Yeah, if i see Salagir making fun of GT ever again, i will just keep saying. You had chance of writing a better sequel, and you blew it.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat May 15, 2021 7:12 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:26 pmDBS at least has the excuse of God Ki, Hakaishin, and other plot devices that allow characters to one-shot universes. DBM however, has much less justification to give the characters such feats of power other than to hype up the power creep.
Salagir's writing ability is like reverse wine, it just gets worse with age.
I'm pretty sure Freeza, Jiren, and the new Broly don't have God ki but far stronger than SSJG Goku and suppressed Beerus who were threatening the universe. Considering the difference in scale between a galaxy and universe, this feat might only require a character to be 0.01% of Beerus' power. It might require less power than that since we don't know how suppressed he was against SSJG. Salagir originally didn't think Broly could survive a blackhole so he might've only thought it was possible as a feat that goes beyond DBZ but still far below what was shown in DBS.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat May 15, 2021 7:27 pm

Ok, destroying something is one thing—surviving the aftermath is another.

Remember Goku on Planet Namek? He was literally x833 stronger than what would've been needed to destroy a planet (assuming Power Levels scale linearly)—but the explosion still would've killed him.

Humans are better at dishing out punishment than they are at receiving it. And, even if we DO assume Broly can tank a blackhole,I have an hard time believing that being turned into a spaghetti noodle was any less "shocking" than being pushed into the sun—or that Broly's atoms can somehow put themselves back together, even if each individual one is invincible.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat May 15, 2021 8:12 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:27 pmHumans are better at dishing out punishment than they are at receiving it. And, even if we DO assume Broly can tank a blackhole,I have an hard time believing that being turned into a spaghetti noodle was any less "shocking" than being pushed into the sun—or that Broly's atoms can somehow put themselves back together, even if each individual one is invincible.
I can agree with that and thought it was beyond what a character in DBM could do. I don't know the science of it or how fictional characters that enter a blackhole survive when they don't have regeneration or a healing factor though tbh. If Salagir didn't think Broly could survive this but changed his mind then it might've only been after seeing more impressive feats in the official continuation. As in maybe it's okay for a fan comic to do this as long as they remain below what the official series has done. I could be wrong but I assumed Beerus could survive the destruction of the universe against SSJG Goku and when him and Champa fought and it threatened both universes. Like they were meant to show that he was so powerful that entire universes could've been collateral damage and he wasn't too worried about being caught in the blast.