Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Regarder wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:08 pm I really don't have a good handle on Vegetto's character.
He's like bipolar or something

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:38 pm

Vegeta, look, i've been, disarmed :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:18 am

coola wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:01 pm Image
Was that reference to TFS in last panel? :) And why is there Gogeta in 1st panel?
Try over a year.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:06 pm

Here's the ongoing linked poster:

Larger and without text:

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... v94AiP1sPk

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Well, his head didn't explode, but my prediction was almost right.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:10 am

I'm glad we're back on the main story but this particular scene is getting annoying for me to see Gohan continuously slicing chunks off of Nappa. I mean, I get the lingering hate he has towards the latter but it feels a bit out of character to be this cold blooded... and before anyone points it out, yes I'm aware he did something like this against the Cell juniors, but considering he can probably take out Nappa literally with a single punch he wouldn't even see coming, then why he doesn't? To me it looks like he's deliberately torturing Nappa which doesn't feel like something Gohan would do, that's all.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:30 am

Rubens wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:10 am I'm glad we're back on the main story but this particular scene is getting annoying for me to see Gohan continuously slicing chunks off of Nappa. I mean, I get the lingering hate he has towards the latter but it feels a bit out of character to be this cold blooded... and before anyone points it out, yes I'm aware he did something like this against the Cell juniors, but considering he can probably take out Nappa literally with a single punch he wouldn't even see coming, then why he doesn't? To me it looks like he's deliberately torturing Nappa which doesn't feel like something Gohan would do, that's all.
He just took the one leg off that was stomping videl, and the one arm holding Bra, I'm sure he'll now one shot him now the others are clear.

People act like he's laughing while pulling off individual fingers.

BTW. Do you all think Goten is referring to someone standing behind Kakarot or does he just mean generally?

Both of the Piccolos should be free by now. Right?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:43 am

TobyS wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:30 am
Rubens wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:10 am I'm glad we're back on the main story but this particular scene is getting annoying for me to see Gohan continuously slicing chunks off of Nappa. I mean, I get the lingering hate he has towards the latter but it feels a bit out of character to be this cold blooded... and before anyone points it out, yes I'm aware he did something like this against the Cell juniors, but considering he can probably take out Nappa literally with a single punch he wouldn't even see coming, then why he doesn't? To me it looks like he's deliberately torturing Nappa which doesn't feel like something Gohan would do, that's all.
He just took the one leg off that was stomping videl, and the one arm holding Bra, I'm sure he'll now one shot him now the others are clear.

I didn't mean like that, I'm just saying it doesn't feel right for Gohan to slice limbs off of enemies when they are weak enough to handle without a need to resort to something of that nature.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:40 pm

Rubens wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:43 am
TobyS wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:30 am

I didn't mean like that, I'm just saying it doesn't feel right for Gohan to slice limbs off of enemies when they are weak enough to handle without a need to resort to something of that nature.
Right but given the fact he said something like he's “not in the mood for this crap” he's probably doing it cuz he had to.

He's more powerful than Nappa but perhaps it's impossible for him to do an attack fast enough to speed blitz him without it also hurting the girls.

I maintain if he now one shots him it proves my theory.

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:04 pm

DBM is now so brutal it's funny :lol:

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:42 pm

Most of the gorey moments in DB came from vastly powerful characters attacking weaker characters, such as Freeza impaling Krillin, or Gero pulling that guy's head off, or Gohan obliterating the Cell Jrs. In DB Multiverse there is even more opportunity for that to happen vs more even match ups. This is pretty much what would happen if Gohan unleashed a flurry of full force punches on Nappa in a rage.

Even so, it would probably be more sanitized than this. Toriyama would've probably had an angry Gohan vaporize Nappa with a huge ki wave if he was writing this scene.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Holy. Shit. Blew up just about everything but the head. On one side, :sick:

but the other, :lol: :clap:

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Those holes...

That's some Looney Tunes cartoon shit right there :/

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:16 pm

This is so edgy it just becomes hilarious rather than cool. It'd make way more sense for Gohan to just one-shot him and be done with it.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:33 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:40 pm
Right but given the fact he said something like he's “not in the mood for this crap” he's probably doing it cuz he had to.
Gohan’s doing it because he can’t think of something actually badass to do, so he just creates gore to make up for it. “Can’t even think of a one liner, better snap off his dick to be safe...”
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:50 am

Slangh wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:04 pm Image

DBM is now so brutal it's funny :lol:

Wow.

You know, when the manga did stuff like this, it was powerful because it didn't happened too often. So when you saw stuff like this, it was a real shock. Multiverse abused the whole gore and dismemberment to the point that this comes off more funny than badass. Nappa's shock head bouncing on the ground only adds to it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:02 am

Eh, maybe I missed the joke, I just hope we get at least a solid two months worth of main content before we jump to yet another USELESS side chapter.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:49 pm

Babidi´s side

1-Cell
2-Majin Buu
3-King Cold/Ginyu
4-Base Kakarotto (normally SSJ2 tier) (immortal?)
5-Bardock (likely SSJ2)
?-Dabura (out of combat/dead)
6-Babidi
7-Recoome
8-Butter
9-Kiwi
10+ Bunch of Freezer´s soldiers/majinised audience

Non possessed.

1-Gohan
2-Gohan (ones about to be trapped)
3-Piccolo
4-Piccolo U16
?-?-Ultras X2 (one 0% ko, one 0.2% getting abosrbed through the neck)
5-Yamcha [Guarding U9 Apartment]
6-Tenshinhan [Guarding U9 Apartment]
7-Krillin [Guarding U9 Apartment]
?-Videl U9 (out of combat, overused Kaioken) [Guarding U9 Apartment]
?-Base Goten (wounded being strangled to death)
8-Dai Kaioshin (seemingly uselss)
?-Raditz (can't move for 20 hours)
9- Videl U18
10- Videl U16
?-Bra U18 (non combatant slightly wounded)
11+-Bunch of warrior nameks and non evil audience.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:56 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:02 am Eh, maybe I missed the joke, I just hope we get at least a solid two months worth of main content before we jump to yet another USELESS side chapter.
Side chapters aren't useless. This isn't a situation where we get side chapters instead of man chapters. If we didn't get side chapters, we'd just get nothing during that timeframe

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:37 am

jcogginsa wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:56 pm
goku the krump dancer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:02 am Eh, maybe I missed the joke, I just hope we get at least a solid two months worth of main content before we jump to yet another USELESS side chapter.
Side chapters aren't useless. This isn't a situation where we get side chapters instead of man chapters. If we didn't get side chapters, we'd just get nothing during that timeframe
From a narrative stand point the Side Chapters have been extremely pointless, out of the bunch their might've been one or two with some merit to them. I understand they're there for padding because these guys (Asura and Salagir) have other things going on so they need a break from time to time but its just that they havent been able to tell a complete story within the tournament in about 3 years yet we've been bombarded with special after special that have added nothing to the overall story being told, let alone any significant back story to the altered characters.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels