Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:49 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:...so wait, why is Zen Buu freaking out again? No really, I don't get it. Is it because he wanted to absorb Vegetto? If he wanted to do that so bad, why didn't he earlier, when he had Vegetto at his mercy?
Because it was fun and exciting to advance on the tournament, seeing Vegetto's fights and eventually face Vegetto in it (like a game). But with Vegetto out of the tournament, he finds it more appealing to quit following the rules and take on whatever and whoever he wants. And he's mad about it because he doesn't like it when things don't go according to his plan.

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:45 am

and the Tournament staff send him back to their universe.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:49 am

He's shown the ability to interfere with that before.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:58 pm

To be honest, I dislike the whole "Goku's strong because he's an alien" thing FAR more than I dislike Salagir's human megahax... It's the literal ONE thing in all of Dragon Ball that bugs the shit outta me... but that's neither here nor there.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:01 pm

I think there was a slight translation error on the last page! So I corrected it! Maybe it will make everything more clear for everyone!!

I play baseball and work in LA.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:28 pm

I'm going to bet that Buu's actions is not going to last very long. It would be a shame to see him get kick out.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:17 am

"Zen Boo" doesn't appear so zen after all. That's a bit of a weird change for a version of Boo that was so calm and stylish until now.
Perhaps as other comments have stated, it has something to do with a revenge over Vegetto and seeing him gone, he panics and just completely loses it.

Anyway, that's really strange to showcase for many chapters an apparently classy, supreme, more mature version of Boo to just tear it all away into a usual (or even worst than ever) raging Boo.

It's like Vegetto's behavior a few pages before, when he's made of Goku who always accepted defeat even when there was an unexpected thing that provoked it (against Ten Shin Han or in the recent Special Collaboration Episode), and Vegeta would be yelling it's unfair but not in a serious way, more like with the expression he has when Goku has just showed him the fusion movies in Movie 12, or like when Goten turned Super Saiyan during the Tenkaichi Budokai.
That's how I would expect Vegetto to react, he doesn't take himself too seriously and is a bit goofy, so I would imagine him having Vegeta's "after Goku showed him fusion moves" expression or Goku's goofy "Whaaaat?!" expression and saying something "What?! But, no... That's unfair!! I can't believe it..." and leaving the arena with the classic "bent forward" disappointed stance and having someone picking fun at him - not in a cruel way, more in a light-hearted way - for losing despite his awesome power (perhaps ironically Goku and Vegeta).

Anyway, all of this to say that... there are several times where the characters suddenly don't feel like what they should be. It feels very much like GT in that regard (with Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta being totally out-of-character) and it has the same problem of somehow "not feeling like it's Dragon Ball" or "not feeling the Dragon Ball spirit".
It's hard to see the characters and the plot as a truly possible continuation of what they are in the official products.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Cold Skin wrote: It's like Vegetto's behavior a few pages before, when he's made of Goku who always accepted defeat even when there was an unexpected thing that provoked it (against Ten Shin Han or in the recent Special Collaboration Episode), and Vegeta would be yelling it's unfair but not in a serious way, more like with the expression he has when Goku has just showed him the fusion movies in Movie 12, or like when Goten turned Super Saiyan during the Tenkaichi Budokai.
That's how I would expect Vegetto to react, he doesn't take himself too seriously and is a bit goofy, so I would imagine him having Vegeta's "after Goku showed him fusion moves" expression or Goku's goofy "Whaaaat?!" expression and saying something "What?! But, no... That's unfair!! I can't believe it..." and leaving the arena with the classic "bent forward" disappointed stance and having someone picking fun at him - not in a cruel way, more in a light-hearted way - for losing despite his awesome power (perhaps ironically Goku and Vegeta).
Seeing as Vegeta's last two reactions to finding out Goku surpassed him were to go off on a suicide mission to fight Super Buu on his own, and to allow an ancient wizard to draw out the latent evil and power withing him via possession, I don't see how Vegetto's reaction here is really out of character. He has Goku's immaturity and Vegeta's temper.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:25 pm

Does anyone else really like how old Krillin is drawn here?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:25 pm

"I like your head. I MUST HAVE IT!".
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Old Man Krillin and Kat were drawn very well this page. *claps*
...honestly, I doubt much...or any will "actually" get absorbed.

...unless the end of DBM is very close, and this will be the final Gogeta/Vegito team up fight we've been waiting for...

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Wow this Boo is such a power hungry bastard, it almost makes me hate him.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:29 pm

I hope Vegetto shows up so we can finally have the fight I have been waiting for.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:42 pm

I hope Beers crashes the party and blows the tournament up.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:49 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:I hope Beers crashes the party and blows the tournament up.
Would he be able to beat this version of Super Boo or Vegetto? IDK.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:51 pm

IMO, yes.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Salagir nerfs him to DB Yamcha.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Draken wrote:Salagir nerfs him to DB Yamcha.
Does that mean DB Yamcha can win :D

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:00 pm

Draken wrote:Salagir nerfs him to DB Yamcha.
I wouldn't be surprised :roll: .
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946