Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:34 pm

goku1234 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:09 pm
Like FoolsGil said before: if we know Broly will win we don't need the main characters to act like idiots... Why Goku didn't teleport them to other place? Also why Krillin was so depressive sad? Like he didn't have any faith that his friends could do it although they defeated so many foes before, such an incoherent narrative choice.
Saiga wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:42 pm I like how people always trot out the same small number of pages from the original manga (ie the deliberate outliers) to justify DBM's rampant use of gore.
Yes! Like "hurr durr DB always had that kind of gore" and proceeds using examples like Dr. Gero and Drum (not even a humanoid type character) to prove their points. Toriyama would never kill a main character in such a disrespectful way like Bra chopping Gohan in a half. He knows better to use gore stuff to show the menace of the villains and not to just impress the audience like many fan DB comics do.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:50 pm

On that second point, it's less that Toriyama knew better and more that Dragon Ball aimed too young to get away with it. He clearly didn't care about how to masterfully and tastefully utilize blood and gore or shock value as much as it wasn't his style to begin with. Seinen and older-oriented shonen oriented works utilize much more gore and have for decades. But of course they would. They're for an older audience.

As brutal and perverted as Dragon Ball could get, it was always ultimately aimed at 3rd graders.

Fan comics that go overboard on the gore are the equivalent of trying to turn a TV-Y7-FV show into a TV-MA one, often just for shock value. It just happens that Japan's equivalent of "TV-Y7" isn't as anywhere near as restricted as America's.

To draw back to a show from my childhood, it's like 2003's Teen Titans, but with a popular fan comic putting it much closer to the recent Titans show without changing the artstyle or world. It's like the existentialist drama Flintstones comics (yes, they really exist).
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:31 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:16 pm
coola wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:02 pm
Pretty sure Broly should be teleported too, as he still hold Gohan...
Eh. The rules of Instant Transmission are pretty vague. First, Goku has to touch his forehead to use it, then he just does it in the middle of a Kamehameha. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Goku originally said he visualized the LOCATION of where he wanted to go, while in Resurrection F, he has to locate the ki of a person who is in the place that he wants to go. This apparent change seemed to be made just to create a reason for why Goku couldn't just teleport himself and Vegeta to Earth. As you say, Goku can teleport others along with himself, as long as they are touching, but does the same apply if it is involuntary? Like if Goku wants to teleport Gohan away, but not Broly who is touching Gohan, can he just exclude Broly? I dunno. It doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.
Ever since Goku first unveiled the technique, he's said he specifically doesn't need to visualise a location, just a specific person's ki signature and that rule's remained fairly consistent (except for that first episode of Heroes where he somehow teleports to an unpopulated location he's never seen... ugh). That's why he can't just teleport anywhere willy-nilly, unlike the Kais. IIRC, he didn't need to touch his forehead in the sunglasses demo either, but I guess that's one way to increase concentration/give it a recognisable tell. Kinda like Pooh-Bear's thinking motion. :think:

As for your main point though, I agree that the exact rules beyond that are fast-and-loose so Goku teleporting Gohan without Broly doesn't stretch disbelief further than the act of teleporting itself already should. If he really couldn't choose what he teleports, he would teleport the whole planet beneath his feet every time he used it while touching the ground. Like a lot of things in DB, it's not worth nitpicking every single unspoken detail when the entire idea is fantastical and illogical to start with.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:42 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:12 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:37 pm This is the same Broly who fought Vegetto in the tournament, correct ? He's pretty tough to be able to take both a kick and a punch from Ssj3 Goku and Mystic Gohan. Seeing these 2 team up is something I would've liked to see more of in the official releases.
No this does take place before the tournament.
This is his return to U20 after the Vegito fight. Broly survives seconding coming in U20 and is sent to the Tournament and then this is his return. Unless he is frozen in space twice.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:32 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:42 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:12 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:37 pm This is the same Broly who fought Vegetto in the tournament, correct ? He's pretty tough to be able to take both a kick and a punch from Ssj3 Goku and Mystic Gohan. Seeing these 2 team up is something I would've liked to see more of in the official releases.
No this does take place before the tournament.
This is his return to U20 after the Vegito fight. Broly survives seconding coming in U20 and is sent to the Tournament and then this is his return. Unless he is frozen in space twice.
So the Vargas teleport Broly to Earth? Out of all the potential places including the vacuum of space? I don't know. Besides, every special has been a flashback. Why would this one be any different?

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:25 am

The Yabanverse

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:08 am

Here comes the slaughter fest in 5...4....3...2...1...

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:20 am

Isn't this taking a bit too long? I know how slow this manga can get, but still, I feel the meat of it should've started by now. They are stalling I guess.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:32 am

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:20 am Isn't this taking a bit too long? I know how slow this manga can get, but still, I feel the meat of it should've started by now. They are stalling I guess.
Don't worry, Broly is probably going to murder them all sooner or later. It won't be long before Broly inevitably wins, let's hope he just doesn't instantly snap their necks.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:06 pm

Currently we're in the 18th page of the Special, looking at the past dozen chapters they tend to average at 25 pages so we should be getting close to the one-side slaughter.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:53 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:06 pm Currently we're in the 18th page of the Special, looking at the past dozen chapters they tend to average at 25 pages so we should be getting close to the one-side slaughter.
If it is just one special. Something tells me we are going to have another chapter. Which isn't that bad considering Rogeru's nice art (I still think his talent was wasted for yet another Broly's chapter but at least we can watch pretty pictures).
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:40 am

Noah wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:34 pm
Like FoolsGil said before: if we know Broly will win we don't need the main characters to act like idiots... Why Goku didn't teleport them to other place? Also why Krillin was so depressive sad? Like he didn't have any faith that his friends could do it although they defeated so many foes before, such an incoherent narrative choice.
Saiga wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:42 pm I like how people always trot out the same small number of pages from the original manga (ie the deliberate outliers) to justify DBM's rampant use of gore.
Yes! Like "hurr durr DB always had that kind of gore" and proceeds using examples like Dr. Gero and Drum (not even a humanoid type character) to prove their points. Toriyama would never kill a main character in such a disrespectful way like Bra chopping Gohan in a half. He knows better to use gore stuff to show the menace of the villains and not to just impress the audience like many fan DB comics do.
Better yet, Salagir said that death doesn't matter so why is Kuririn sad then? It doesn't matter since Dragon Ball exists and everything is going to be alright, but now they are acting like death matters, they can't even maintain coherence in sequential chapters releases.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:53 am

The Bastard. wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:40 am
Noah wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:34 pm
Better yet, Salagir said that death doesn't matter so why is Kuririn sad then? It doesn't matter since Dragon Ball exists and everything is going to be alright, but now they are acting like death matters, they can't even maintain coherence in sequential chapters releases.
Probably cuz Broly is going to wreck their asses and make sure they can't revive everyone and he has the feeling they might die for good this time.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:40 pm

The Yabanverse

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:19 pm

I feel like when I used to watch football games online on Justin.tv and it lagged all the time, spending half an hour watching a throw-in.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:26 am

I'm not entirely sure if Salagir has Gohan stronger than his Boo arc self but I would imagine that Gohan as enraged as he is could've given Bootenks a much better fight. Broly has got to be on par with Boohan at the very least or possibly even Base Vegetto.
Unless Goku fuses with Vegeta or Gohan soon, they're all dead.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:02 am

theherodjl wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:26 am I'm not entirely sure if Salagir has Gohan stronger than his Boo arc self but I would imagine that Gohan as enraged as he is could've given Bootenks a much better fight. Broly has got to be on par with Boohan at the very least or possibly even Base Vegetto.
Unless Goku fuses with Vegeta or Gohan soon, they're all dead.
If my theory is correct and the only place this seems to fit is Broly from after the Vegito fight. That or they freeze him again somehow.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:48 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:02 amIf my theory is correct and the only place this seems to fit is Broly from after the Vegito fight. That or they freeze him again somehow.
I do believe this is supposed to be U20's past since its implied that Broly at the tournament came from a cold, dead universe while the events of the special clearly shows a universe that is still alive. Here, Gohan lands a hit on Broly that appears to give him a minor amount of pain or merely discomfort which is not something that Ultimate Gohan could inflict on a post-tournament Broly. We also got SSJ2 Vegeta being able to get a literally jump on Broly's incoming strike and Broly seemingly needing some muscle to hold back the father-son kamehameha with one arm. These examples point to a pre-tournament Broly rather than post-tournament because Broly after the tournament is now above U16's SSJ2 Vegetto which is far too great for these guys to comprehend, let alone fight.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:24 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:48 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:02 amIf my theory is correct and the only place this seems to fit is Broly from after the Vegito fight. That or they freeze him again somehow.
I do believe this is supposed to be U20's past since its implied that Broly at the tournament came from a cold, dead universe while the events of the special clearly shows a universe that is still alive. Here, Gohan lands a hit on Broly that appears to give him a minor amount of pain or merely discomfort which is not something that Ultimate Gohan could inflict on a post-tournament Broly. We also got SSJ2 Vegeta being able to get a literally jump on Broly's incoming strike and Broly seemingly needing some muscle to hold back the father-son kamehameha with one arm. These examples point to a pre-tournament Broly rather than post-tournament because Broly after the tournament is now above U16's SSJ2 Vegetto which is far too great for these guys to comprehend, let alone fight.
That's what I took from this too. In fact, I thought this was another one of those specials about the past of a specific universe that went like a "What If" (which personally is what first drew me into the comic about a decade ago). Hence my theory that the senshi push Broly into the sun but he's too strong for its heat & blows it up (I recall SS4 Goku's statement of "I can survive the heat of the sun" and the GT guidebook mentioning that SS Vegetto was as strong as a Super Saiyan 4, with this Broly being somewhat analogous to that level of power and while Salagir might not like GT, he might at least take some of these power statements as a guide). And then the darkness kills them, leaving Broly to rampage about the universe until there's nothing left to destroy.
The Yabanverse

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:06 pm