Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:31 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote: Not only would it be sweet irony, but it will also screw him over for having a ridiculous asspull transformation like that. Seriously if he can do this already, then why the hell did he go 100% against U3 SSJ Bardock when that form burns his stamina fast?
I thought Boo granted him this form?
No he granted Cold a silver tongue on Saiyans. That's why U16 Bra accepted his "challenge" so easily despite Gohan's arguments.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:17 pm

ParkerAL wrote:She's arrogant, cocky, obnoxious, and foul-mouthed. But so was U13 Vegeta in his fight against Raichi, and he didn't seem to get piled on nearly as much when he received his much-deserved comeuppance.

I don't want to come across as a white knight on this (especially since I'm sure this topic has come up before), but I can't help but feel the hostility directed towards Bra wouldn't be quite as potent if she were a dude. Dragon Ball Z's fandom has a noticeable undercurrent of machismo in the west, and I think that can partly explain why Vegeta is widely liked and Bra (the one in Dragon Ball Multiverse, at least) is widely disliked, even though they share very similar personality traits.

Of course, the reasons Bra has been so poorly received are far more complicated to blame only on her gender, and the majority of people posting in this thread certainly have far more reasonable justifications for not liking her. But I don't think its something that can be ignored either.
On one hand, Vegeta's an already-established character who is known for being like that. Seeing Vegeta acting naturally and not batting an eye, while seeing someone's Mary Sue OC version of a character who was never like that in the series proper in a less favorable light....seems fairly reasonable to me. I think that Lunch had fairly similar personality traits to these two (arrogant, hostile, etc.), and I don't remember her being disliked within the fandom very much, if at all, despite also being female.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:50 pm

someone's Mary Sue OC version of a character who was never like that in the series proper
We don't really see Bra as anything other than a generic 4-year-old in the series... unless you're counting GT's version, who we didn't see a whole lot of either.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:41 pm

True, I'm just saying that what Multiverse gives us is a farcry from what little we do see of her.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:30 pm

Zephyr wrote:True, I'm just saying that what Multiverse gives us is a farcry from what little we do see of her.
TBF to Multiverse, her background isn't really similar to main Bra. Main Bra, who we do see in this comic, acts very much like her GT counterpart where she doesn't put much thought or care into things like fighting, even calling Goku and her own father meatheads.

This Bra is Vegetto's kid, a highly competitive person who raised her to be like that whereas Vegeta has no problem letting his kids live their lives the way they want. Even if it does irk him when that they don't train.

Trying to hold an alternate universe version of Bra who has a different father who raises her differently is like complaining Nolan Batman isn't acting like 89 Batman when the two exist in different realities where they have a lot of similarities to one another, but also stark differences that ultimately make them different people.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:53 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Believe me when I say I like U16 Bra, especially since she isn't a mama's girl like in U18 (what a waste of a 1/2 Saiyan). She just reminds me way too much of Gohan. I do can't help but wonder why Vegetto picked Bulma over Chi-Chi, and how the end result with the latter would be. XD
testing223 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:What I don't like is despite being a fusion, Vegetto in this universe is 99.9% Vegeta, and by extension so is Bra. If she showed more of Goku's kinder qualities id like her more
Gogeta was more like Goku when he got serious, no taunting or trashtalk.

Vegetto was always more Vegeta in battle.
Are we referring to Gogeta period, the movie version, or GT version?
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:
Not that he was ever very smart to begin with :P .
In almost any case I'd call BS if that was the ending of the fight, but Cold is enough of a putz that I can buy it here.
Not only would it be sweet irony, but it will also screw him over for having a ridiculous asspull transformation like that. Seriously if he can do this already, then why the hell did he go 100% against U3 SSJ Bardock when that form burns his stamina fast?
I was talking about Gt Gogeta. I feel that is his normal personally as once he got what he needes from Omega he goes right for the kill.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:22 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote: No he granted Cold a silver tongue on Saiyans. That's why U16 Bra accepted his "challenge" so easily despite Gohan's arguments.
That's all we saw him grant in dialogue, but the obvious inference that fits and allows everything to make sense is that he gave him that power-up too, so that Cold would even be able to beat a handicapped Bra in the first place.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:14 pm

this doesn't look good at all for Bra!!

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:18 pm

Of course it does. Senzu Bean.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Ass pull. I'm done.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:35 pm

The salt mines are going to be rich!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:59 pm

Honestly where did she get that Senzu from? So much for Cold winning. Oh well

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:10 pm

Isn't that cheating?

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:15 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Isn't that cheating?
Sadly, no. It's only cheating if the material item comes from a direct outside source during the fight (such as a teammate tossing them a senzu from the stands). Similar to Trunks' sword, if one brings an item along with them in the ring at the beginning of the match, it is completely fine.
Last edited by Darkron2151 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Isn't that cheating?
I was just thinking about that. But if you're allowed to use weapons and armor during the match, I guess it's okay to use senzu beans too.

EDIT: Yeah, what Darkron2151 said.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:29 pm

And she is badly damaged too, so...power up! (Despite trope haven't been used since Freeza Saga :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Mmh, it's still kinda surprising that Bra would be carrying senzu beans with her (in an outfit she didn't arrive in since Piccolo created it :crazy: ). You'd think she would consider herself too strong to ever need them, not to mention too proud to use them.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Just an idea, but after their fight outside the ring with Boo, when Gohan, Bra, and Vegetto healed up via Senzu beans, maybe she kept one in her sports bra (pun somewhat intended) or something just in case something similar happened again in the future.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Scarz wrote:The salt mines are going to be rich!
Damn right! There is no sense to be had! :lol:

She talked during the fight, she couldn't have had them in her mouth. She fired volleys of energy balls, it wasn't in her hands. Then she got wrecked-punched in the stomach then thrashed. Unless she's been keeping them in her ass, and is even faster than we thought, how and where did she pull them?
Darkron2151 wrote:Just an idea, but after their fight outside the ring with Boo, when Gohan, Bra, and Vegetto healed up via Senzu beans, maybe she kept one in her sports bra (pun somewhat intended) or something just in case something similar happened again in the future.
Seems like she's been braless the whole time

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:07 pm

I'm guessing Bra hid the senzu under her tongue just like that guy from that episode of Spongebob who hid pickles under his tongue.