Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:13 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:52 am
FoolsGil wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:15 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:52 pm

Every fanfiction that I've read that deals with the future has Vegeta in heaven because for some reason Goku threw a tantrum to get him there.
Then he should have lost his body too, no more tantrum
Yeah Goku cites saving the world from Cell as the reason he didn't get a body.

The only contradiction to this is Goku appearing one one panel in a bonus chapter by toyo, but even then I'd still argue this is just to show it's Goku speaking rather than a puffy cloud.

Goku not getting a body is the only reason him not coming back for a day makes sense outside Baba dying too.
Goku wasn't allowed to come back because the Androids were only a threat to Earth and they were a slow threat. Vegeta was allowed back for example because Buu was destroying the Earth in days and was a threat to the universe on top of that.

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashur » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:31 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:13 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:15 am

Then he should have lost his body too, no more tantrum

The only contradiction to this is Goku appearing one one panel in a bonus chapter by toyo, but even then I'd still argue this is just to show it's Goku speaking rather than a puffy cloud.

Goku not getting a body is the only reason him not coming back for a day makes sense outside Baba dying too.
Goku wasn't allowed to come back because the Androids were only a threat to Earth and they were a slow threat. Vegeta was allowed back for example because Buu was destroying the Earth in days and was a threat to the universe on top of that.
They can ask Baba to take them back for any reason, it is not something reserved for universal threats, Grandpa Gohan came back just to see his grandson and Goku during the buu arc used the day to participate in a tournament, there is no reason why Goku wouldn't be able to come back or at least communicate with Gohan via Kaioh, Trunks' timeline is simply full of logical inconsistencies with previously established elements.

Conversely, there is no reason why Goku would want Vegeta to go to heaven at that point, given Vegeta was a villain and Goku did not consider him a friend yet.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:45 pm

Ashur wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:31 am

They can ask Baba to take them back for any reason, it is not something reserved for universal threats, Grandpa Gohan came back just to see his grandson and Goku during the buu arc used the day to participate in a tournament, there is no reason why Goku wouldn't be able to come back or at least communicate with Gohan via Kaioh, Trunks' timeline is simply full of logical inconsistencies with previously established elements.

Conversely, there is no reason why Goku would want Vegeta to go to heaven at that point, given Vegeta was a villain and Goku did not consider him a friend yet.
Goku wants to fight Vegeta, that's all the reason he needs for anything.

Baba's power seems to work based on if she and King Enema can make a deal. Enema might not have seen a reason for Goku to go back and fight the Androids.

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashur » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:11 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:45 pm
Ashur wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:31 am

Goku wants to fight Vegeta, that's all the reason he needs for anything.

Baba's power seems to work based on if she and King Enema can make a deal. Enema might not have seen a reason for Goku to go back and fight the Androids.
But he did see an important reason to let Son Gohan participate in Baba's tournament? It doesnt seem like he interfered with her affairs, the Buu situation was an exception and it was Enma daioh who came up with it, he was using her abilities to further his plan to send Vegeta as last resort, it wasn't Baba asking permission, in fact she's never the one to suggest bringing the dead back for one day, the dead or enma daioh are always the ones looking for her, so i see no reason why Goku couldnt just come back for a day to train Gohan and Trunks..

And vegeta doesnt need to be in heaven for Goku to settle their fight, they just have to Grant Vegeta his body.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:34 am

I thought Baba used her magic to bring the dead back to serve her. Does she need permission? Maybe she just takes the souls she wants and revives them, whether Yemma likes it or not. Maybe the reason Baba was the one to take Goku and Vegeta back was because Yemma didn't actually have the means to bring people back to life, so he's like, "Go get that pest Baba. She can do it."

I know Kami could grant someone their body in the afterlife, being the god of Earth, but I don't know who else can do that.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:30 pm

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:14 pm

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:38 am

I hope he isn't just going to jump onboard without asking for some reassurance, we readers know the tournament is legit, but future Trunks shouldn't be this gullible in front of strangers who are offering a chance which sounds that good, he even said it's "almost unbelievable", I hope he is going to ask them some more questions before he says yes.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:05 pm

nineko wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:38 am I hope he isn't just going to jump onboard without asking for some reassurance, we readers know the tournament is legit, but future Trunks shouldn't be this gullible in front of strangers who are offering a chance which sounds that good, he even said it's "almost unbelievable", I hope he is going to ask them some more questions before he says yes.
and he's the only protector of Earth

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:30 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:05 pm
nineko wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:38 am I hope he isn't just going to jump onboard without asking for some reassurance, we readers know the tournament is legit, but future Trunks shouldn't be this gullible in front of strangers who are offering a chance which sounds that good, he even said it's "almost unbelievable", I hope he is going to ask them some more questions before he says yes.
Well, here he has 16. So, not the only one. But they don't exactly have the spare numbers (to put it mildly).

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:41 am

Has the rule of not being able to revive someone that has been dead for more than one year been removed?
Or is Trunks going to receive zombie Vegeta and Zombie Gohan?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:55 am

nineko wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:38 am I hope he isn't just going to jump onboard without asking for some reassurance
Of course he is. The plot of DBM had to happen.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:50 am

He do realize "Future Vegeta" is not same person and is probably still jerk?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:32 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:30 pm
Bardock God of Time wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:05 pm
Well, here he has 16. So, not the only one. But they don't exactly have the spare numbers (to put it mildly).
Didn't 16 come with him to the tournament though?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:00 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:21 pm
I like the edit here, even though it feels very cheap in comparison to the original
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:15 am

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:27 pm

I don't think there's a single panel in this thing that's not traced. Young Jiji would be impressed.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:06 pm

This chapter was a nothing burger

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:16 am

So much for Trunks and the Namekians interacting. :?

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:06 am

Yeah, this chapter is such a waste of time. At least it's pretty.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.