Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:01 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:37 am Wasn't Uub equal to Fat Buu? Ss3 Goku shouldn't have that much trouble with him.
Like I mentioned before, characters with ridiculous high regenerative properties aren't fair measurements to compare to other fighters. If an attack isn't going to kill Majin Buu outright, he wouldn't need to bother to block or dodge that attack, while Goku would.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:31 pm

"Won't hold up every long."
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:07 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:01 am Image
miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:37 am Wasn't Uub equal to Fat Buu? Ss3 Goku shouldn't have that much trouble with him.
Like I mentioned before, characters with ridiculous high regenerative properties aren't fair measurements to compare to other fighters. If an attack isn't going to kill Majin Buu outright, he wouldn't need to bother to block or dodge that attack, while Goku would.
Goku had enough power to destroy Fat Buu so a stronger Goku should be able to handle Uub who is the same level without regeneration.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:12 pm

Yeah but Oob trained.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:16 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:07 pm
Goku had enough power to destroy Fat Buu so a stronger Goku should be able to handle Uub who is the same level without regeneration.
So your argument is because Uub did not destroy Buu during a tournament, he isn't going to be able to keep up against Goku? Uub is the reincarnation of Kid Buu, with 10 years of training under Goku. He's strong enough to destroy Fat Buu if he wanted. But this is a tournament, and except for that unfortunate incident right after Uub lost a limb, the heroes do their best to not kill in tournament, so Uub did things the hard way.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:13 am

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:16 pm

So your argument is because Uub did not destroy Buu during a tournament, he isn't going to be able to keep up against Goku? Uub is the reincarnation of Kid Buu, with 10 years of training under Goku. He's strong enough to destroy Fat Buu if he wanted. But this is a tournament, and except for that unfortunate incident right after Uub lost a limb, the heroes do their best to not kill in tournament, so Uub did things the hard way.
This just isn't true; Uub laments afterwards that "I still couldn't really defeat Buu", which could only mean kill him as that's the only way to really beat buu.

I don't know how to interpret this as him not trying to kill Buu while he's saying he's sad that he couldn't truly defeat him, especially as you yourself brought up that he's already killed in this tournament. Like he did a maximum kaioken super kamehameha right at him while he was trapped. How is that not intent to kill?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:28 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:13 am I don't know how to interpret this as him not trying to kill Buu while he's saying he's sad that he couldn't truly defeat him, especially as you yourself brought up that he's already killed in this tournament. Like he did a maximum kaioken super kamehameha right at him while he was trapped. How is that not intent to kill?
Uub was in shock, he wasn't expecting to lose a limb, he lost control. But U18 are our heroes, they're not going to be killing opponents in a tournament, normally.

But when it comes to Buu, I mentioned his regenerative properties, and how characters like Buu punch up against stronger enemies and are hazardous to anyone that meets their level or lower, but even with their regenerative properties, even Buu can be exhausted without killing him. (Fat Buu against Thin Buu, Kid Buu, Beerus, and Super Buu against Vegetto) I interpret it that Uub didn't have the strength to exhaust Buu without flat out destroying him. Even with that Kamehameha, I do not believe Uub was intending to destroy Buu.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:35 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:28 pm even Buu can be exhausted without killing him. (Fat Buu against Thin Buu, Kid Buu, Beerus, and Super Buu against Vegetto)
Not gonna continue this conversation after this post because I feel like I'm being an ass and typing too much about this topic now considering how small of a point it really is :P but I do disagree with your assessment still sorry to say.

As far as the Dragon Ball manga goes, the only time any Buu sustains any damage or fatigue that he can't immediately heal from when given a few seconds is Mr Buu vs Kid Buu. He doesn't get fatigued or seriously damaged against Vegetto, though I think the anime made it seem like he was struggling with his regeneration after a while (but the manga doesn't make this implication).

The explanation given for why Mr Buu was being legitimately hurt by Kid Buu was because only a buu can hurt another buu:

Vegeta having this revelation and explaining it like this implies that, until this point, we hadn't witnessed buu being genuinely hurt by anyone else.

And seeing as Multiverse mostly follows the DB manga continuity (besides incorporating movie villains) and doesn't incorporate Super, I think that Salagir is following the only explanation the manga gave on how Buu can be injured as shown above.

Uub also says this:

Which seems to mean he knows it's fruitless to try and fatigue buu. I think the most straight forward answer is that Uub tried to kill Buu, couldn't, so resorted to using the tournament rules to win on technicality, and is then feeling a little disappointed about that.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:47 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:35 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:28 pm even Buu can be exhausted without killing him. (Fat Buu against Thin Buu, Kid Buu, Beerus, and Super Buu against Vegetto)
Not gonna continue this conversation after this post because I feel like I'm being an ass and typing too much about this topic now considering how small of a point it really is :P but I do disagree with your assessment still sorry to say.

As far as the Dragon Ball manga goes, the only time any Buu sustains any damage or fatigue that he can't immediately heal from when given a few seconds is Mr Buu vs Kid Buu. He doesn't get fatigued or seriously damaged against Vegetto, though I think the anime made it seem like he was struggling with his regeneration after a while (but the manga doesn't make this implication).

The explanation given for why Mr Buu was being legitimately hurt by Kid Buu was because only a buu can hurt another buu:

Vegeta having this revelation and explaining it like this implies that, until this point, we hadn't witnessed buu being genuinely hurt by anyone else.

And seeing as Multiverse mostly follows the DB manga continuity (besides incorporating movie villains) and doesn't incorporate Super, I think that Salagir is following the only explanation the manga gave on how Buu can be injured as shown above.

Uub also says this:

Which seems to mean he knows it's fruitless to try and fatigue buu. I think the most straight forward answer is that Uub tried to kill Buu, couldn't, so resorted to using the tournament rules to win on technicality, and is then feeling a little disappointed about that.
Don't apologize for having a different opinion. This is a forum, to discuss and debate. Just because I think I'm right, doesn't mean I am, and vice versa.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:33 pm

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:43 am

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:16 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:07 pm

No Uub worries he can't beat Fat Buu and Goku says with a KKx20 they should be about even. This Goku is stronger than the Goku who could have killed Buu thus he should be able to beat Uub who should be easier to handle than Buu.

Goku has made minor improvement from the Buu saga and UUb according to this manga at his max equals the Buu that the inferior Goku says he could beat just fine.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:24 pm

Seems like Goku possibly has Uub on the back foot so far, just going by facial expressions. Goku is as calm as ever.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:45 pm

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:12 pm

I just thought of something. Zen Buu should just spam kaioken x20 when ever he fights unless he wants and even challange.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:52 pm

I hope that Oob's ability to manipulate magic wasn't just a one-off thing because it would be great if he could make use of it in the inevitable showdown against XXI. If Oob can't even beat SSJ3 Goku then he's not much help against the story's big bad otherwise.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:12 am

theherodjl wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:52 pm I hope that Oob's ability to manipulate magic wasn't just a one-off thing because it would be great if he could make use of it in the inevitable showdown against XXI. If Oob can't even beat SSJ3 Goku then he's not much help against the story's big bad otherwise.
Yamcha is 17 and 18 level and XXI is worried about him. Uub could've to Goku and still help beat XXI.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:51 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:12 am
theherodjl wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:52 pm I hope that Oob's ability to manipulate magic wasn't just a one-off thing because it would be great if he could make use of it in the inevitable showdown against XXI. If Oob can't even beat SSJ3 Goku then he's not much help against the story's big bad otherwise.
Yamcha is 17 and 18 level and XXI is worried about him. Uub could've to Goku and still help beat XXI.
We actually don't yet know why XXI was inquiring about how to defeat 18 or why it seems that Yamaha will have him on the ropes. As shown earlier, XXI in his true form completely destroyed a part of Zen Boo so it's established that he is an incredibly powerful being, it's just that he appears to have some sort of handicap(self-imposed or not) that prevents him from using his true power in this tournament.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:43 pm

I think the common theory is that for whatever reason XXI's usual magic doesn't work on beings without ki like the androids/Yamcha. But yeah, it is a mystery why he couldn't just blast her away. It seems like he has a crazy amount of power when he's in that black realm.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:37 pm

It has been like 13 years since DBM began and we still have little info on XXI, so little that we don't even know what he looks like. I'm kinda surprised that even concept art of his design hasn't been leaked or revealed by the artists in an online portfolio all this time.
If there's one thing Salagir has been utterly meticulous about, it's keeping his OC villain a secret.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:12 am

From what I could tell, XXI is pretending to be a magic caster. He has magic, it appears, but he also has a set of dragonballs with which he can use to circumvent problems. He also appears to be a composite entity.

So far he's keeping up the guise of a magician, so he hasn't showcased any battle power in said guise, which is why he didn't go straight to blasting 18, despite having "incredible power" according to Zen Buu himself. He does have the sheer power to do so, but he's being real careful to not rely on that until the right time.

My questions are twofold, however: Why is he being so careful for? And HOW did the Vargas not notice the eldritch abomination with a set of dragonballs riding their ship together with the elderly XXI?

Also, inb4 XXI true form is Shenron and Porunga working together :lol: