Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 03, 2021 6:28 pm

You know, these 'Villain wins, everybody dies' specials remind me of DC Comic's 'Tales of the Dark Multiverse', except at least some of those comics were at least a little interesting in showing how fucked up everything got with the villain's winning. Plus, one of them had Nightwing and friends taking on the end of the world with an electric gituar solo, so...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Mon May 03, 2021 6:56 pm

The planet was already fucked. Might as well go for broke. Besides, it's just Earth. Not like there's anything of value there except for the three survivors anyway.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue May 04, 2021 3:00 am

How come Buu didn't absorb Uub? At least if the villians win they can beat the Heroes at their strongest.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue May 04, 2021 3:00 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:00 am How come Buu didn't absorb Uub? At least if the villians win they can beat the Heroes at their strongest.
Because then they wouldn't have an excuse for why the not so jolly green giant won.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue May 04, 2021 4:21 pm

Komm susser Tod.

Almost done. This special is almost done...Overall this story is just like The Future Majin Attack. In that story the plot had to jump up its own ass for Mirai Gohan to survive Babidi. And here the plot had to jump up its own ass for everything to go wrong. The worst part is, it didn't have to be like this. Broly could have reasonably did everything he needed to, and not be a steaming pile. But for whatever reason Salagir said "cut, print" when he was done writing this. And so we look at this...poor excuse of a special, and all I can think is, we're almost done.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed May 05, 2021 2:32 pm

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Wed May 05, 2021 6:13 pm

Wow, he doesn't need to breathe anymore

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Wed May 05, 2021 6:40 pm

Such a waste of a talented artist.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:57 pm

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Thu May 06, 2021 4:47 am

Salagir is just memeing now :lol:

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Thu May 06, 2021 5:09 am

I feel if breathing was optional everyone would pick not breathing all the time ever as the only benefit is not dying, its not like it tastes nice.

I would assume this meant [whatever this buus name is] Buu would notice Broly was not breathing the entire time, with his hax powers and such.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu May 06, 2021 7:28 pm

Space has always had an inconsistent role in Dragon Ball. Goku took Monster Carrot to the moon and left him there, where he was able to survive. We see several battles in space, but I guess it doesn't count because you can still see the planet. Bardock is so far out, he's with Frieza's spaceships. The OG Broly here survived the destruction of Planet Vegeta, AS A BABY, when he carried his father to a new hospitable planet. In the Moro arc of the Super manga, Goku and Vegeta are so high, they can see the stars. Yet when Goku spots Moro a few feet away, hanging out on an asteroid, Vegeta's like, "Stop, Kakarot! You can't go out there! That's outer space!" Wut? How are you even breathing? The air, if there even is any, should be super thin, and you should be freezing your Dragon Balls off, but you're fine? Where is the dividing line between breathable atmosphere and outer space?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri May 07, 2021 3:32 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:28 pm Space has always had an inconsistent role in Dragon Ball. Goku took Monster Carrot to the moon and left him there, where he was able to survive. We see several battles in space, but I guess it doesn't count because you can still see the planet. Bardock is so far out, he's with Frieza's spaceships. The OG Broly here survived the destruction of Planet Vegeta, AS A BABY, when he carried his father to a new hospitable planet. In the Moro arc of the Super manga, Goku and Vegeta are so high, they can see the stars. Yet when Goku spots Moro a few feet away, hanging out on an asteroid, Vegeta's like, "Stop, Kakarot! You can't go out there! That's outer space!" Wut? How are you even breathing? The air, if there even is any, should be super thin, and you should be freezing your Dragon Balls off, but you're fine? Where is the dividing line between breathable atmosphere and outer space?
1. Like with Dr. Slump and other gag manga, it's best to not add logic to some stuff from early Dragon Ball :)
2. Haven't watched latest Broly movie, but if i remember correctly, Bardock was still on Planet Vegeta atmosphere in Bardock Special?
3. Legendary Super Saiyan BS abilities.

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri May 07, 2021 4:39 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:28 pm Space has always had an inconsistent role in Dragon Ball. Goku took Monster Carrot to the moon and left him there, where he was able to survive. We see several battles in space, but I guess it doesn't count because you can still see the planet. Bardock is so far out, he's with Frieza's spaceships. The OG Broly here survived the destruction of Planet Vegeta, AS A BABY, when he carried his father to a new hospitable planet. In the Moro arc of the Super manga, Goku and Vegeta are so high, they can see the stars. Yet when Goku spots Moro a few feet away, hanging out on an asteroid, Vegeta's like, "Stop, Kakarot! You can't go out there! That's outer space!" Wut? How are you even breathing? The air, if there even is any, should be super thin, and you should be freezing your Dragon Balls off, but you're fine? Where is the dividing line between breathable atmosphere and outer space?
Saiyans can breathe in the uppermost automsphere of planets. Their lung capacity is simply better.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri May 07, 2021 7:41 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:39 pm
Saiyans can breathe in the uppermost automsphere of planets. Their lung capacity is simply better.
I don't see an upper atmosphere, I see the vacuum of space.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat May 08, 2021 11:23 am

Was this worth destroying the whole planet?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat May 08, 2021 12:22 pm

coola wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:32 pmImage
See, now this is the stuff. :lol:

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Sat May 08, 2021 8:28 pm

The last special with a major set piece in space has Asura come back for a large scale drawing, do you think it's likely here or do you think there was potentially some other reason Salagir may have gotten Asura involved for that one?

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:35 pm

JewyB wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:28 pm The last special with a major set piece in space has Asura come back for a large scale drawing, do you think it's likely here or do you think there was potentially some other reason Salagir may have gotten Asura involved for that one?
In the case of the flashback last chapter, that was a significant part of the general story and the conclusion of it had already been shown. This special is pure filler.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Sat May 08, 2021 8:50 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:35 pm In the case of the flashback last chapter, that was a significant part of the general story and the conclusion of it had already been shown. This special is pure filler.
See i'm kind of torn on it, because i feel that's what it was supposed to be, but in the end we just got the "nahhh Vegeto is a jealous man child" excuse.

It has been a while though, i might be misremembering, but from what i remember they did this large set piece, set up a reason for Vegeto to want to kill Bra, then... just kinda moved past it to show Vegeto throwing a tantrum about losing instead? I am serious though i might be misremembering.