Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:41 pm

coola wrote:Image
She looks so savage in secomd to last panel
Lol at screaming "Bra, no!!" after she already shot her blasts. No one does that.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:11 pm

This talk about "sexualised mid-driff" is why women are made to dress in full veils in some parts of the world.

You puritans really need to get a grip :lol:

As for the last page it made me think of "Sharkeesha NO!" which made me lol.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:28 pm

The Monkey King wrote:This talk about "sexualised mid-driff" is why women are made to dress in full veils in some parts of the world.

You puritans really need to get a grip :lol:.
Exactly. That same thought crossed my mind.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:50 pm

The Monkey King wrote:This talk about "sexualised mid-driff" is why women are made to dress in full veils in some parts of the world.

As for the last page it made me think of "Sharkeesha NO!" which made me lol.
My apologies. I hope I didn't cause too much trouble.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:53 pm

Actually...I'd argue that that whole thing comes from a MUCH darker place than any sort of prudishness. If we're talking about, say, the Taliban, they're main problem is that they are violent, and want to force their ideas on other people. They have such a lack of respect for other people's freedom, that they'll kill to make their idealogy a reality.

Not that I was looking to argue any further; I just wanted to share my thoughts on THAT particular issue.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:01 pm

...And that's how we brought real world problems to Dragonball Multiverse. Can we please move past the midriff? Please?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:45 pm

While the current discussion isn't exactly off-topic since it's being linked back to an element of the comic, I'm still gonna ask everyone to please veer back on track to the comic itself before this unessecarily goes any further.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:53 am

Fionordequester wrote:

Actually...I'd argue that that whole thing comes from a MUCH darker place than any sort of prudishness. If we're talking about, say, the Taliban, they're main problem is that they are violent, and want to force their ideas on other people. They have such a lack of respect for other people's freedom, that they'll kill to make their idealogy a reality.

Not that I was looking to argue any further; I just wanted to share my thoughts on THAT particular issue.
Sure, but coupled with that is also the feeling of being profoundly uncomfortable with anything remotely sexual or anything that could be viewed in some form as sexual in public... like a exposed belly. Without their violence, sure, they simply wouldn't do anything, but also without that feeling, they most likely wouldn't be violent about that particular issue.

In any case, can we just agree that this discussion is pretty stupid and that there is nothing actually wrong at all in that regard with the comic and move on?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:20 am

rereboy wrote:In any case, can we just agree that this discussion is pretty stupid and that there is nothing actually wrong at all in that regard with the comic and move on?
Why not? That was never even my original point. The tummy thing was only incidental to the point I was ACTUALLY trying to make :P .
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:27 pm

Years ago I said that Bra has the makings of a villain.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:35 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Years ago I said that Bra has the makings of a villain.
Well, what's Vegetto gonna do as a disciplinarian? Ground her from training? :lol: But seriously, he's gotta do something. He pretty much lets her do whatever she wants. That could contribute to her thinking she can act any kinda way. Which leads to her to thinking destroying a planet while fighting is a minor casualty. Which leads to her thinking people are just minor casualties. Kinda sounds like her going down a path to becoming a villain is very likely in this case.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:46 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote: Years ago I said that Bra has the makings of a villain.
Well, what's Vegetto gonna do as a disciplinarian? Ground her from training? :lol: But seriously, he's gotta do something. He pretty much lets her do whatever she wants. That could contribute to her thinking she can act any kinda way. Which leads to her to thinking destroying a planet while fighting is a minor casualty. Which leads to her thinking people are just minor casualties. Kinda sounds like her going down a path to becoming a villain is very likely in this case.
Ideally, if he wasn't sort of a bipolar psychopath himself, I'd suggest he'd find a way to connect her emotionally to the people of earth beyond her family. Make normal friends, have fun, that sort of thing.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:48 pm

The core principle of any martial art is that there are rules in a fight...

There is something seriously wrong with Bra's education.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:50 pm

I just love Vegetto in that last panel. "My Vegetto sense is tingling!" :lol:
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:54 pm

It's like they try to make Bra unlikeable...

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:17 pm

nite_jay wrote:It's like they try to make Bra unlikeable...
That is the point. That what she does when she gets like this is very wrong.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Of course. This is a self-proclaimed kids' comic, after all. They're teaching morals. :wink:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:34 pm

There is no rules in a fight, so I'm gong to blow up the planet and die too because I can't survive in space. But how cares, I'll win the sparing match.

I find it hard to believe that she shares any of Goku or Bulma's DNA. This is Saiyan Saga Vegeta level of nuts.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:07 am

For what it's worth, adult Bra doesn't seem quite as callously reckless so there's some character development happening here. It actually might be kind of neat to see Bra as a kind of deconstruction of Goku and Vegeta's parenting--what a superhuman child would actually be like with a father who only gave a shit about fighting. I doubt it'll go in that direction but I think that would be an angle worth exploring.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:17 am

Don't fighters in Dragon Ball Z hurl energy attacks at the ground all the time? Freeza had to deliberately charge up an attack with the right concentration of ki in order to blow up Namek. Unless Bra is so poorly trained at this point in her life that she doesn't know how to hold back properly, the Earth should be fine. Theoretically, at least.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.