Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheBritWriter
Banned

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TheBritWriter » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:52 am

Hi to you as well.

It's a point that being volunteers, they can only work at a pace in their own time (obviously with hindsight picking out candidates for other stories and be done first would had been ideal) and this includes level of drawing.

Treating the DBM as a open source template is no bad thing, but if the objective is to maintain interest, views etc then there needs to be better co-ordinating and storytelling, the latter of which does fall on salagir and whoever is involved in the writing process, If the vision of the story is confined to how characters died this time around then it's not offering much.

There are some universe chapters that delve more into world building and think U3 is the better one at that with Bardock's reign. Some of the stories simply need more pages.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:12 pm

TheBritWriter wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:52 amTreating the DBM as a open source template is no bad thing, but if the objective is to maintain interest, views etc then there needs to be better co-ordinating and storytelling, the latter of which does fall on salagir and whoever is involved in the writing process, If the vision of the story is confined to how characters died this time around then it's not offering much.
The current special artist, Rogeru, said he was given a choice between a few universes and chose U20 since he wanted to draw the post-Buu saga cast. This was the only universe that diverged that late in the timeline. He also said it took him three years to complete the special since he worked on it every once in a while between other projects. I think that applies to most special artists and they choose universes based on which characters they like.

The universes I know of that still have specials planned are U3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, and 13. The artist of the U13 Helior and Slug specials, Ouv, is working on the U13 Namek saga and the artist of the comic book style Gast special, Arcady, is working on another for U7. I'm not sure of the other universes but I know they have some of the incomplete specials that an artist began and didn't have the time to finish. U7, 9, and 13 have the most left to cover while the rest might only be a chapter or two.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:06 pm

...How in the world does this not work :eh: ? This is at least a Buuhan tier fighter we're seeing the birth of, along with Buu's magic.

Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:39 pm

Ok, now this I like...

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:18 pm

I imagine Broly's power spiked after he tanked the father-son kamehameha and judging by the fact that he ultimately comes out on top, his power spikes again and its enough to challenge Super Vegetto. Even Mister Boo + Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Gotenks, and Piccolo can't handle that, and that's also accounting for Boo's regeneration & near-limitless stamina. They should have tried sealing Broly away with the Mafuba, used the candy beam right off the bat, or some other non-power-based-solution since they just made Broly way stronger.
I'm getting some Goku Black vibes here.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:33 pm

Is this what I wanted Buu to do during the Moro saga in Super. It's cool that Fat Buu is using their absorbing powers to fight against a evil threat.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:10 am

Mr. Buu have like less than Fat Buu strength, but, with Gohan, Goku, Vegeta, Uub and Piccolo added, he should be stronger than Buuhan, unfortunately, Broly have BS LSSJ advantage
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:38 am

Wouldn't it be better if Buu-z-senshi helped give the saiyans time to fuse into Gogeta and then fight Broly together or even absorb Gogeta forming Buugeta? this one isn't the strongest Buu possible, it's like when Buutenks defused and turned into Buuccolo. If they didn't want to have another saiyan fusion, Vegeta or Goku could've died so Gogeta was off the table.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:13 pm

Love Broly just casually wait, and let his enemy power up, those Saiyans :lol:
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:35 pm

So, how strong do you guys think this ZenBuu is? it's Fat Buu + Gohan, Piccolo, Gotenks, Goku, Vegeta... is he comparable to Buuhan? above him?

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:49 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:38 am Wouldn't it be better if Buu-z-senshi helped give the saiyans time to fuse into Gogeta and then fight Broly together or even absorb Gogeta forming Buugeta? this one isn't the strongest Buu possible, it's like when Buutenks defused and turned into Buuccolo. If they didn't want to have another saiyan fusion, Vegeta or Goku could've died so Gogeta was off the table.
Maybe they can fuse while absorbed. Buu should know how to now, or maybe he releases them but they stay small and inside, fuse, get absorbed again.

Though I wonder why not try and have Buu absorb Broly before showing him what it is. Did that happen in DBM yet?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:11 pm

Dammit I have to admit I like this. I did predict Salagir would go with this route. Still think this should have happened in the Moro Arc. There should be alternate ending, and the universe where this worked would have been U21 if the Vargas wanted one more group.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:47 pm

Buu should have tried this in GT but I guess fusing with Uub was better.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:12 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:35 pm So, how strong do you guys think this ZenBuu is? it's Fat Buu + Gohan, Piccolo, Gotenks, Goku, Vegeta... is he comparable to Buuhan? above him?
Salagir didn't buff Goku & Vegeta to the absurd extent that GT did so their combined might(along with Piccolo) probably only makes up maybe 25-30% of the contributed power to Boo, with Gohan & Gotenks making up the majority. I can maybe see this Boo being twice as strong as Boohan or perhaps a little higher but not much greater than that.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:01 am

theherodjl wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:12 am
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:35 pm So, how strong do you guys think this ZenBuu is? it's Fat Buu + Gohan, Piccolo, Gotenks, Goku, Vegeta... is he comparable to Buuhan? above him?
Salagir didn't buff Goku & Vegeta to the absurd extent that GT did so their combined might(along with Piccolo) probably only makes up maybe 25-30% of the contributed power to Boo, with Gohan & Gotenks making up the majority. I can maybe see this Boo being twice as strong as Boohan or perhaps a little higher but not much greater than that.
Remember it's Good Buu, not Super Buu the base of the absorption.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:15 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:01 am
theherodjl wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:12 am
Remember it's Good Buu, not Super Buu the base of the absorption.
Mr. Buu have less than 50% of Fat (and Super?) Buu, but added Goku, Vegeta and Gotenks should make up for it, i'd say he is slightly stronger than Buuhan, and considering Buuhan fight with Vegetto was one sided, and Broly is almost strong as Vegetto...
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:25 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:01 amRemember it's Good Buu, not Super Buu the base of the absorption.
Its been 12 years since the Boo arc in U20, I'm sure they all have improved enough to cover the gap. In fact if we go by the main tournament, Gotenks has actually left Ultimate Gohan in the dust while using SSJ3.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:25 pm

If Boo has access to ssj3 Gotenks' power then he is far above Boohan. Isn't ssj3 Gotenks around ssj Vegito at this point?

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:08 pm

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Fused Buu used kick! It was super effective!

Though why isn't he using magical attacks? Wouldn't Broly be vulnerable to that?