Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 15, 2020 4:02 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:57 pm How did she notice it so fast?
She was looking down at Phipsil's corpse... which then allowed her to notice the carbonite a bit earlier than normal.

Kudos to Salagir, it's actually not a bad way of getting her to destroy it before it could get to her foot, if that's what happened. It also leaves open the possibility of it being maimed enough to hamstring her anyway.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Fri May 15, 2020 4:24 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:53 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:10 am Considering all the Dragonballs they have Bardock's visions can come to pass just fine.
But aren't all the organisers dead and stuff? They didn't seem to be storing them in physical space because no one could find them, I think even Buu said they weren't around to Freeza.

Didn't XXI make defence to having dragonballs as well? A lot of mysteries left to solve that are far more interesting than Bra....
Yes, there's a lot of plotlines that are going on in the background. XXI likely doesn't care about Babidid/Bra or Vegetto since his goal is to get the Namek balls for himself and his universe. As soon as the dust settles, XXI is gonna make his move when there's no one left to stop him.

XXI is a bigger threat than anyone since he/it clearly has greater magic than even Zen Buu. The only threat to XXI isn't raw power, it's:

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri May 15, 2020 5:50 pm

Brikikoz wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:24 pm
That could explain this page:

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Fri May 15, 2020 9:48 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:50 pm
Yeah, that's why I don't hate on Salagir for focusing on this plot for a while...Bra was foreshadowed for a long time to be the big bad (of this "season") and there's still lots of plot points to go through. For example,

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 16, 2020 6:19 am

Brikikoz wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:24 pm
TobyS wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:53 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:10 am Considering all the Dragonballs they have Bardock's visions can come to pass just fine.
But aren't all the organisers dead and stuff? They didn't seem to be storing them in physical space because no one could find them, I think even Buu said they weren't around to Freeza.

Didn't XXI make defence to having dragonballs as well? A lot of mysteries left to solve that are far more interesting than Bra....
Yes, there's a lot of plotlines that are going on in the background. XXI likely doesn't care about Babidid/Bra or Vegetto since his goal is to get the Namek balls for himself and his universe. As soon as the dust settles, XXI is gonna make his move when there's no one left to stop him.

XXI is a bigger threat than anyone since he/it clearly has greater magic than even Zen Buu. The only threat to XXI isn't raw power, it's:
I feel like the cyborgs do have ki it's just that it can't be sensed they are living beings after all, a lot of fan works get this wrong, 17 gave to the genki Dama.

16 was a participant so he's with Goku and the others.

Also can XXI even use the DBs anymore now the namekians are dead? And didn't bye reference having his own or am I misremembering?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:22 am

Brikikoz wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:48 pm
Yeah, that's why I don't hate on Salagir for focusing on this plot for a while...Bra was foreshadowed for a long time to be the big bad (of this "season") and there's still lots of plot points to go through. For example,
Is this just a prediction that you have or do you somehow know whats going to happen?

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sat May 16, 2020 11:43 am

TobyS wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:19 am
I feel like the cyborgs do have ki it's just that it can't be sensed they are living beings after all, a lot of fan works get this wrong, 17 gave to the genki Dama.

16 was a participant so he's with Goku and the others.

Also can XXI even use the DBs anymore now the namekians are dead? And didn't bye reference having his own or am I misremembering?
Maybe not Ki specifically then; whatever term you want to call Android energy variant. Thanks for reminder about 16 being with the Goku crew; he also needs to repair his arm if he hasn't already.

XXI has SOME Dragonballs but we don't know where they are from. For all we know those are the Tournament ones. Speaking of which, some people complain a lot about Fat Kai doing nothing, but it's becoming clear he and Zen Buu are working together with a bigger plan--this entire tournament seems to be an attempt to flush out a bigger threat.

I don't know if ALL the Nameks are dead, since the tournament DBs are from the Supreme Kai universe and the Nameks are probably thriving fine. So whoever their Guru is--he's probably ok.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sun May 17, 2020 12:39 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:22 am
Brikikoz wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:48 pm
Is this just a prediction that you have or do you somehow know whats going to happen?
As far as I know, the novelisation has hinted strongly that Vegeta has a new form that isn't ssj3. I don't think it's been hinted that Goku has a new form. As far as the actual comic goes, there's this page implying Vegeta has a form above ssj2:

He is also very confident that he can beat the other Vegeta who has unlocked ssj3.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sun May 17, 2020 2:24 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:39 pm
As far as I know, the novelisation has hinted strongly that Vegeta has a new form that isn't ssj3. I don't think it's been hinted that Goku has a new form. As far as the actual comic goes, there's this page implying Vegeta has a form above ssj2:
Yeah, you see it too. There's been foreshadowing dropped for both Goku and Vegeta saving a new form for a real threat. Goku also has been training Uub, who potentially has Buu's power level, so he'd be confident he can exceed that too.
FoolsGil wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:19 am
Brikikoz wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:28 pm
Fionordequester wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:46 pm Say what you want about Bra; Multiverse has plenty of other badass women, wouldn't you agree?
Ya, there's lots of good characters whose potential is left untapped. The Bojack girls, for example, had potential but that universe seems to have left the general plot.
Wow I forgot about them. One of the girls could reasonably halve Bra's energy. The other one could use her attraction spell, no idea what the third could do, but the first and second girl would be quite the boon here....oh well?
Funny side detail, people forget that Bra's mom Bulma tried to straight up murder Goku the first minute they met. And then peed her pants.
What exactly is the point of saying that? That brats begat brats or something? Because that is not how nature or nurture works.
The Bojack girls are still alive, but since that crew left the universe, they likely are gone.
The point about Bulma is that she is a pretty selfish person. Coupled with her husband Vegetto being an arrogant anger-issue god-complex jerk...it's not a surprise Bra turned out that way. Nature AND nurture play a role in how we're raised.

TobyS wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:26 am
Brikikoz wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:52 pm
TobyS wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:52 pm
Whereas Bra sucks yet it just feels while reading it that we are supposed to think she is badass and cool, or at least a compelling villian.
I don't think we are supposed to think she's badass and cool at all. She's an unstable person who is pretty selfish like her father(s). An entire chapter was devoted to showing that's her problem. That was the literal title. So the idea that we're supposed to like her is pretty unsubstantiated.
RIght but she completly has faced no consequences for this is the big difference, she just keeps winning relying on other characters being dumb (2 fusions ignored, standing around, teleporting too far away from cell, Piccolo not using telepathy instead of shouting his plan, Buu just not using his healing for some reason, Gohan's Jr not realising Gohan meant to go to babidi, babidi dodging a U13 laser somehow, so on and so on).

Once or twice is good drama, but this is getting ridiculous.
Looks like she has just faced a huge unfixable consequence with her own leg.

Buu going for distraction move.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun May 17, 2020 3:23 pm

So she had a slight burn on her left foot. Pathetic. This shouldn't be a game changing injury.

Yeah I don't know if XXI is using the same DBs.

While I'm sure the gurus are fine back home the control tower is destroyed and the kaios are dead so how can they be reached.

They mentioned all the spectators are dead but haven't seen all the birds and namekians for a while so it seems like they are dead too....

Grand Kaio is on chaoots with Buu but I don't see why the Kaio can't even use his own base power to help at least.

Though he might be part of Buu but he argues with him.

It seems he can't intervene perhaps he's his own person but Buu still controls him....

So we have XXI waiting... U9 waiting. Grand Kaio waiting.

Wounded Goten and good Bra waiting.

Only Buu and Gohan remain...

We have Big Buu about who looks like he was about to kill babidi but hasn't yet....

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sun May 17, 2020 5:14 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:23 pm So she had a slight burn on her left foot. Pathetic. This shouldn't be a game changing injury.

Blasting off her foot completely would've probably been more logical, but it's probably just easier for artists to draw a wounded leg than a foot stump. Ever notice how fighting comics rarely ever have legs severed? Arms go all the time, like in Star Wars, but rarely do we see feet and legs cut up.

For that matter, has any character ever successfully ki-blasted themselves? Seems to not be a thing in DBZ, I remember Vegeta needing Krillin to shoot him on Namek for the Zenkai boost since he couldn't do it himself.

Some people were complaining earlier about U9 not doing anything; they're forgetting this entire battle has been about 10 minutes and U9 only just fought off the Cooler squad; they may even STILL be fighting them since multiple fights can be happening simultaneously.

DBM forums has this bodycount:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:39 pm

Of all the problems I have with Bra, her not blasting off her leg is fine with me.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 am

Brikikoz wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:14 pmBlasting off her foot completely would've probably been more logical, but it's probably just easier for artists to draw a wounded leg than a foot stump. Ever notice how fighting comics rarely ever have legs severed? Arms go all the time, like in Star Wars, but rarely do we see feet and legs cut up.
That doesn't make sense to me. Surely it'd be easier to draw a cauterised stump of a leg than a wounded, mangled, blackened foot. A lot of artists also hate drawing feet, so there's that.

Arms get cut off all the time in Star Wars because people hold their lightsabers in their hands, not their feet, and it's a much better way of immobilising them. It's also much easier to cut off someone's arm than their leg, since you don't have to bend down or crouch low to do it.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon May 18, 2020 5:41 am

Brikikoz wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:14 pm
TobyS wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:23 pm So she had a slight burn on her left foot. Pathetic. This shouldn't be a game changing injury.

Blasting off her foot completely would've probably been more logical, but it's probably just easier for artists to draw a wounded leg than a foot stump. Ever notice how fighting comics rarely ever have legs severed? Arms go all the time, like in Star Wars, but rarely do we see feet and legs cut up.

For that matter, has any character ever successfully ki-blasted themselves? Seems to not be a thing in DBZ, I remember Vegeta needing Krillin to shoot him on Namek for the Zenkai boost since he couldn't do it himself.
Goku spent the trip to Namek shooting himself with Kamehamehas, Buu's candy beam was blown back at him, and Goku tricked both Freeza and Piccolo into hitting themselves with their own attacks.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon May 18, 2020 10:19 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:41 am
Brikikoz wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:14 pm

Goku spent the trip to Namek shooting himself with Kamehamehas, Buu's candy beam was blown back at him, and Goku tricked both Freeza and Piccolo into hitting themselves with their own attacks.
To me it seems Vegeta was saying that the zenkai effect wouldn't kick in on self inflicted wounds (perhaps an evolutionary mechanism to discourage self harm, or just a quirk) not that he couldn't hurt himself. I mean he and other characters can literally explode themselves and normally people can hit or slap themselves so it's weird to think they couldn't ki blast themselves...

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:18 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:19 am

To me it seems Vegeta was saying that the zenkai effect wouldn't kick in on self inflicted wounds (perhaps an evolutionary mechanism to discourage self harm, or just a quirk) not that he couldn't hurt himself. I mean he and other characters can literally explode themselves and normally people can hit or slap themselves so it's weird to think they couldn't ki blast themselves...
It's a plothole, because Goku had literally just spent a week shooting himself with Kamehamehas in order to abuse near-death power-ups.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon May 18, 2020 2:03 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:18 pm

It's a plothole, because Goku had literally just spent a week shooting himself with Kamehamehas in order to abuse near-death power-ups.
Ehh my headcanon was that it was the gravity, as an external force that enabled that, he might be using kamehamehas on him self to use up his chi, but then his weaker body is then fighting against the gravity.

He was exploiting a glitch in the system. Also he was firing the kamehamehas round the pillar, giving him enough time to lower his ki enough to be hurt by his own attack, perhaps vegeta didn't have that kind of ki control, any saiyan before just blasted themselves and it didn't work.

Plus the kamehamehas werent all he did, he generally worked him self to neart death and then took the beans, he didn't only self harm all the way to namek, whereas Vegeta just wanted to get shot.

I kinda feel it's different enough that it's not a contradiction.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:55 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:18 pm

My headcanon is Goku was not mentally hurting himself to get a Zenkai during trainning. Vegeta would have been doing it to himself on purpose. The brain tells us when it is hurt so it's likely the brain can tell the difference between a saiyan trying to cheat the system and actually getting hurt in a fight.

Both Goku and Vegeta are explotion glitches.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Tue May 19, 2020 1:36 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:41 am
Right, so only the first one was intentional and the others were "tricked" as you say, so they're not relevant.

So the plothole is why Vegeta couldn't do it to himself---unless you think of the circumstances. Goku was training alone and had plenty of time to get his defences ready and prep for whatever self-mutilation he wanted. Vegeta had about 30 seconds to come up with a plan while Freeza was distracted. Vastly different situations so vastly different prepwork and outcome.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 am

What about Cell?