Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:07 am

Is there anyone here that DOES speak French? If so, I could use their help on the Audio Drama adaptation; me and the head of the adaptation are both going out of our way to make the script sound more natural, and it'd be nice to have someone there to tell us when we're starting to be too liberal.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:20 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Saiga wrote:I thought Salagir WAS the translator, unless that changed. I believe he was concerned that another translator would not get the nuance across from the French text.
I dunno, maybe. I seem to recall Tzigi talking about other translators, although I could be mistaken.
The english version is provided by Salagir and etc. There's no actual translator like there is for the other languages. All translators get the french and the english dialog to translate.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:18 pm

Kinda remind me of Devilmite Beam
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:16 pm

Colds definitely going to lose soon! There's no way they'd keep somebody so complicated to draw in this much longer. :P

xJeffx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by xJeffx » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:22 pm

Bra looks like she's about to pass out from exhaustion. I hope she ends this battle soon.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:45 pm

What's going on in the last panel?

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:45 pm

Marco Polo wrote:What's going on in the last panel?
Cold's getting out of the smoke caused by the explosion of the ki blasts's they were throwing at each other in the last few pages.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:38 am

I feel like omitting those two mini-panels would have made this page more striking.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:21 am

Regarder wrote:I feel like omitting those two mini-panels would have made this page more striking.
They need to show how much infinitely weaker and insignificant Goku is compared to Bra. So, that panel is absolutely necessary.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:29 am

fexus wrote:
Regarder wrote:I feel like omitting those two mini-panels would have made this page more striking.
They need to show how much infinitely weaker and insignificant Goku is compared to Bra. So, that panel is absolutely necessary.
Disregarding Super, Goku isn't even stronger than Gohan. Why should he be stronger than the offspring of Vegetto?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:29 pm

rereboy wrote:
fexus wrote:
Disregarding Super, Goku isn't even stronger than Gohan. Why should he be stronger than the offspring of Vegetto?
He's stronger than Gohan in DBM too but that's only with 3 transformations.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:39 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
fexus wrote: They need to show how much infinitely weaker and insignificant Goku is compared to Bra. So, that panel is absolutely necessary.
So far, nothing points towards that in the comic. I don't know about the novel.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:04 pm

rereboy wrote:So far, nothing points towards that in the comic. I don't know about the novel.
The novel says SSJ3 Goku has surpassed Gohan.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Let's see if the comic follows that, then.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:14 pm

rereboy wrote:Let's see if the comic follows that, then.
I'm pretty sure there was a panel or something where Goku tells Oob Gohan used to be stronger than him.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:46 pm

I thought the novel was canon to the comic?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:00 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
I thought the novel was canon to the comic?
For example....

"Reacum crashed to the ground and lay still. But his thoughts were tangled. He was furious. He remembered himself facing Nappa more than thirty years ago. He was stronger than him. He always had been. And somehow, by chance, they both faced a Namek from the same universe, certainly of equivalent power. Nappa had won so quickly.. and he.. he was losing.. or even dying? He was not careful, he realized suddenly...

And he deserved his death...

"Death? No, I'm not dying here! Not against the green thing! Impossible!"

Reacum seemed to come back to life. He screamed, causing Nail to cringe in fear. Nail turned around in defense. But, though he was enraged and screaming, Reacum remained on the floor. The Namek preferred to secure his victory... He walked over and violently landed his foot firmly into the belly of the man on the ground, shattering away a piece of armor.

This time, silently, breathing calmly, Reacum sank into unconsciousness. The announcers began the count. Nail breathed in relief because, despite his ability to regenerate, he was now running out of energy."

Not everything must be exactly the same. Either because it's more convenient for the comic format or because they decided to change some element, there can easily exist changes.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:31 am

rereboy wrote:
fexus wrote:
I'm just giving a reason why those panels are necessary. Never said that Goku is stronger than Bra Vegetto. But doing those panels just show how DBM really like to wank their OC and make Goku less and less of a significant character.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:16 am

I don't see a reason for Goku questioning U16 Bra still having enough ki for that kind of technique considering she's fighting in her base form and thus isn't needing any ki to support a transformation, although someone is more than welcome to correct me.

Also wasn't Goku unsure about his strength in comparison to U16 Bra when she was having a "fit" in one fight?

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:30 am

rereboy wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
So far, nothing points towards that in the comic. I don't know about the novel.
Gohan says here that he's the weakest of his group.

EDIT: Never mind. I just noticed, for the first time, the "Big Lie" tag pointing to his speech bubble. I guess it is possible he's still stronger than Goku, even if I think it would be more logical for Goku to have surpassed him by now, given the difference in how they each prioritize training.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.