Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Skar
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Skar » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:29 am

TobyS wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:31 amI'm only looking forward to the stupid form that puts them above Gohan because it won't be as good as super and Sal doesn't like super so I can feel smug about it.
I'm not sure if there's going to be a new form. I've noticed in DBZ sequel fan comics they usually have SSJ3 as the final transformation since that's the last one Toriyama came up with in the manga. I've seen a Mystic Goku or FPSSJ3 so something like that might be as far as they go in DBM. Countless fan forms were created throughout the 2000s so there wouldn't be much left that would be considered original for a fan comic to use that began in the late 2000s or early 2010s.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:48 pm

Saiga wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:48 am This fight is pretty lame honestly. The Kaio-ken Transcendent is silly, and it's just him smacking Goku around with no resistance until both of them are knocked out. Goku doesn't manage to do anything when that technique is pulled out, it's incredibly flat.

That he hasn't showed anything new even this far is also pretty boring.
I have to agree with this. Even though it was beautifully drawn, it was more one-sided than Bra's rampage. I was expecting Goku to do something more than take hits and be surprised at every turn... and it ends like one of Goku's first fights, only he might win the fight by getting stomped.

AtlasFlame18

Post by AtlasFlame18 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:09 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:48 pm
Saiga wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:48 am This fight is pretty lame honestly. The Kaio-ken Transcendent is silly, and it's just him smacking Goku around with no resistance until both of them are knocked out. Goku doesn't manage to do anything when that technique is pulled out, it's incredibly flat.

That he hasn't showed anything new even this far is also pretty boring.
I have to agree with this. Even though it was beautifully drawn, it was more one-sided than Bra's rampage. I was expecting Goku to do something more than take hits and be surprised at every turn... and it ends like one of Goku's first fights, only he might win the fight by getting stomped.
It's really telling that in a story that's supposed to be a continuation of the original manga the main character has had no role whatsoever in plot progression or any major fighting roles.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:51 pm

Taking all bets, this is gonna end like J. Chun v Goku in the 21st, with Uub being the shorter opponent

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:06 pm

DBM is just determined to go below my expectations for this fight. lol.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:36 pm

This fight is going to make Goku realize he's done if he doesn't surpass SS3.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:13 pm

Am i only one who hoped Uuub would win? :(
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:19 pm

coola wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:13 pm Am i only one who hoped Uuub would win? :(
I wanted him to win.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:31 pm

All I wanted was a back and forth kind of fight. Goku won pretty much by surviving the beatdown he suffered from Uub.

It was... not great, frankly. Despite being the perfect opportunity for Goku to showcase a new power in order to match with Uub.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:19 am

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:19 pm
coola wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:13 pm Am i only one who hoped Uuub would win? :(
I wanted him to win.
I just don't want vegeta to beat cell, and with a stupid new form to boot.... But here it comes...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:12 pm

That was extremely underwhelming. It's like they were only building up to Bra's "awesomeness" and when that was over they stopped caring.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:48 pm

EGonzo wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:12 pm That was extremely underwhelming. It's like they were only building up to Bra's "awesomeness" and when that was over they stopped caring.
Eh might as well see it through to the XXI conclusion.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:58 pm

A nothing chapter.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:25 pm

I am unsatisfied that the story is conveying that pushing your body to near death with an absurd kaioken is something to be respected and something that Goku applauds Oob for, to the point where now he sees them as equals. I would prefer it if what Oob just did was treated as something like ssj grade 3: a mistake made by over emphasising power over harmony/technique.

The DBS manga was better with this, where Jiren chastised Goku for trying to wreck his body with a kaioken in super saiyan blue, and that power like that can't necessarily be wielded properly.

I'm not actually too dissatisfied with the fight itself though, I thought it was pretty interesting overall.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:30 pm

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:20 pm

I may have missed something but why doesn't Goku wear his EoZ Gi in Multiverse? The flashback page made me think.
Jack Bz wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:25 pm I'm not actually too dissatisfied with the fight itself though, I thought it was pretty interesting overall.
My problem is that Goku didn't fight back like at all. He just barely tanked all hits and then won because of MC plot shield. Not really something in his style.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:32 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:20 pm I may have missed something but why doesn't Goku wear his EoZ Gi in Multiverse? The flashback page made me think.
Jack Bz wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:25 pm I'm not actually too dissatisfied with the fight itself though, I thought it was pretty interesting overall.
My problem is that Goku didn't fight back like at all. He just barely tanked all hits and then won because of MC plot shield. Not really something in his style.
The same reason the humans and Buu didn't spectate or compete. Sal was just interested in seeing what he wanted to see.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:18 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:20 pm I may have missed something but why doesn't Goku wear his EoZ Gi in Multiverse? The flashback page made me think.
Why doesn't Goku wear his RoF outfit?

I think Goku prefers his normal Gi.

If Super ever gets post-EOZ, Goku will go back to his normal Gi

That's an in-universe explanation at least, I guess we'd have to ask the creators of DBM

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:59 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:18 pm
Why doesn't Goku wear his RoF outfit?

I think Goku prefers his normal Gi.

If Super ever gets post-EOZ, Goku will go back to his normal Gi

That's an in-universe explanation at least, I guess we'd have to ask the creators of DBM
Simply because the orange gi is iconic.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:38 pm

I'm not sure if they've given a reason but I would've liked to see Goku and Vegeta in their EoZ clothes. It might be that Gogeta Jr preferred that design back then. I know some designs are left up to the artist since Goku and Vegeta wore different clothes every special taking place after the Buu saga.
TobyS wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:32 pmThe same reason the humans and Buu didn't spectate or compete. Sal was just interested in seeing what he wanted to see.
Well that describes all fanwork. In this case, they might've decided to have less spectators for Gogeta Jr to draw since U18 would be around until the end.