Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by goku1234 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:41 am

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:15 am

I'll say this—the motion is fluid. The poses & cinematography are also dynamic and eye-catching. I also like the attention-to-detail on May & Jet. The former's flaunting a Ninjitsu hand-sign, and the other's got her palm on her sword. Berizzo even made sure to have Jet's sword on her hip, and not on her back—so she can actually draw in time to respond to an attack.

Really is just a matter of tightening up the faces & lips, isn't it? That, and avoiding the "angry zombie eyes" look in what're supposed to be serious moments.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:08 am

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:15 am I'll say this—the motion is fluid. The poses & cinematography are also dynamic and eye-catching. I also like the attention-to-detail on May & Jet. The former's flaunting a Ninjitsu hand-sign, and the other's got her palm on her sword. Berizzo even made sure to have Jet's sword on her hip, and not on her back—so she can actually draw in time to respond to an attack.

Really is just a matter of tightening up the faces & lips, isn't it? That, and avoiding the "angry zombie eyes" look in what're supposed to be serious moments.
Well said, honestly the art aint perfect but I think people are already pissed at the waits and delays and side stories that they are starting out pissed when they see the art which is not fair on the artist.

Honestly I don't generally care about that universe but they have been around since the beginning I'd rather have that itch to know what happened scratched now then it interrupt the final chapters.

How many universes are left to explore?

Piccolo sr?
More U9?
Ikl?

We are mostly done right?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:41 am

So, 15 more days of this special?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:04 pm

Oh! But I was assured that by having other artists for the main story we would waste less time with crap! But anyway I though these specials were only to introduce these universes to the reader? Now were getting stories about them after their disposal? Who the F cares!

But something interesting about Bojack gang is the transformation he and Goku have that is like a parallel to the Super Saiyans. DB wikia lists as "Full Power Hera Clan" don't know if its official though, but the concept is good, even though not properly developed in the movie (it could also be a theme of an arc)

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:21 amI love it when Vegeta fights with his head. Reminds me of the Super manga, when Vegeta tells the villain that he was in trouble, because Super Saiyan God was his final form, and then he goes Blue in the middle of a beam struggle, taking the bad guy by surprise while they think they have the upper hand...
Sure, like when that happened? lol

Super doesn't give a damn of making Vegeta a character that fights with his head, they prefer to use his standard persona to get cocky after a power-up and get trashed after, that's the usualVegeta for them.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:01 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:08 amHow many universes are left to explore?

Piccolo sr?
More U9?
Ikl?

We are mostly done right?
The ones I know still have specials left are U3, U5, U7, U9, U11, and U13. I'm not sure what will happen once they complete the specials. Most likely the main comic will be reduced to a page or two a week.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:14 pm

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:51 am

Now I know who the female characters in this "special" remind me of; Sylvester Stallone from the 1980s. Zangya there looks like she's going to taunt them in Stallone's voice.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:29 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:51 am Now I know who the female characters in this "special" remind me of; Sylvester Stallone from the 1980s. Zangya there looks like she's going to taunt them in Stallone's voice.
Bujin: We did everything Bojack asked for. We've done enough damage. The mission is over, Zangya. Do you understand me? The mission is over! Look at them out there! Look at them! If you won't end this now, they will kill you. Is that what you want? It's over Zangya. It's over!

Zangya: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off!

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:36 am

First of all, "You forgot murderer" is an awesome come-back. Kudos to Berrizo. Secondly, the action continues to be very well portrayed, so another kudos there.

In any case, who wants to take a vote on whether or not Bujin was weakened as well? On whether or not the girls will betray Bujin? Because...

1) On one hand, he's proven himself to hate Bojack just as much as they do—they also owe him for choosing to keep their secret. He's also empathetic enough to ask Zangya to join them, rather than trying to kill her as well. His personality as an introvert also makes him less likely to go out conquering people the way Bojack did. Plus, Kat mentioned "his own people" as one of his "justices", so she may be empathetic to Bujin in that way.

2) On the other hand, we don't know the limits of their technique, or whether they could easily do it again. Bujin is also loyal only due to wanting vengeance on Bojack (as far as we've been shown thus far)—after that, they're not certain what he could do afterward. They could want to eliminate a possible threat. They're also VERY fond of dirty tricks, as seen in Kat & Syd's tournament fights—so their morality is already a little dubious.

Whaddaya all think? I'm hoping for No #1 myself, but, who knows. It could go either way.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:23 pm

The Gas special is the only good special in my opinion. For almost 15 years now, DBM has not improve its pacing and they keep giving us specials that no one really cares about.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:59 pm

Have to say, as battles go, I'm not necessarily disappointed, this is Dragonball, hard punches and power level is the norm. But I was expecting the Kat Gang's quirky powers to be at the forefront of this battle. that while inside a tournament they're abysmal fighters, but in a real world scenario their team work combined with said powers would be real interesting to see.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:22 am

The faces strike again:

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:24 pm

i swear that this special is one the worst ever!!!

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:31 am

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:28 am

Pretty brave of May, for all the horrible things Bojack could've done to her. Good thing the tournament popped up!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:09 am

How long has the tournament been going on for? I thought she needed to be standing near Bojack for almost two days to use her really specific ability?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:10 am

It's been at least a day, I believe—the sky used to be night-time in the early days. Plus there were all the various intermissions, where the characters were eating and everything. Add the ship ride to and back, and I think there's been enough time.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:13 am

Bujin just switched teams and you almost slit his throat, and you expect he will listen to you? Zangya is real dumbass, then again, she saw SSJ Pan strength, yet thought it would be good idea to mock her death in front of teen girl related to her and Vegetto...

I wonder if "Bad guys group return to their universe, main boss is killed" will become a trend? We had Babidi, now Bojack, and Raditz is on his way to gain Mystic form to beat Vegeta and "free" Kakarotto.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:14 pm

Well, here we are. Do they spare Bujin, as Warriors of Justice (like they keep gabbing on about)? Or do they backstab him, in the name of pragmatism? The answer is...

...neither... Because Salagir & Berizzo decided to take the easy way out. Bujin's entire arc was trashed so that the girls wouldn't have to make a hard choice.

Color me unimpressed :yawn: .