Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Trouser » Fri May 21, 2021 3:38 pm

Yeah, this whole Majin thing was irrelevant filler.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri May 21, 2021 3:44 pm

Apparently the buff chick was in the background during the chaos, and her first opponent was the guy she's now palling with. Not sure about whatever joke the last two panels is, though maybe he might be a charlatan by trade, maybe plan to make his new friend a ringer in a fight version of "White Men Can't Jump"

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri May 21, 2021 4:14 pm

Trouser wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:38 pm Yeah, this whole Majin thing was irrelevant filler.
We won't hold any of this against you.....despite the vast majority of the Majins already being mass-murderers who would happily kill everyone even without mind control. Coming from the same universe that murdered babies who may become a threat.

Okay then.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri May 21, 2021 6:12 pm

Is there a reason that Freeza's universe is allowed to still be there? All of their participants in this tournament have been eliminated and then Ginyu-Cold stealing the body of another universe's participants should have sent them packing immediately, following the reversal of the body change.
They're filler characters at this point.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:45 pm

Yeah, wasn't Cold going around basically slitting his own throat and then immediately switching bodies even before the Majin stuff started?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 22, 2021 7:43 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:45 pm Yeah, wasn't Cold going around basically slitting his own throat and then immediately switching bodies even before the Majin stuff started?
No that was during.
He took cold in his own universe.

The kaioshins invited shitty people. They wouldn't just throw them out for stuff they did under mind control.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat May 22, 2021 8:15 am

The Vargas sent out the invitations actually, but yeah. I swear this is the worst ill conceived fighting tournament in all of media, at least when it comes to general security.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 22, 2021 5:44 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:15 am The Vargas sent out the invitations actually, but yeah. I swear this is the worst ill conceived fighting tournament in all of media, at least when it comes to general security.
Really it was zen buu preventing the send back command working right?

And something about the dai kaioshin being in buus pocket and doing nothing during the rampage.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat May 22, 2021 9:49 pm

The Vargas ridiculously underestimated the powers & abilities of the other universes. A little recon could've shown that there were fighters far too strong to be contained by their force fields, a race with tech comparable or even better than their own tech, and an all-powerful genie-demon that may have already figured out their method to traveling between universes.
If the multiverse descends into chaos after this, you can blame the little birdbrains for it.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:21 am

Trouser wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:49 pm
theherodjl wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:51 pm Was Bra ever really that interesting of a character to justify turning her into the strongest female character in a major fanfic???
No. She's actually very boring and flat character. Maybe it's on purpose, but I don't want to believe that Salagir wanted us to hate Bra. Something went bad along the way and it's now too late to change the course, especially when we know that everyone will forgive her crimes, which has zero sense behind it. Yes, Vegeta was forgiven too, but it took years to happen. It literally took five minutes for Bra.
Don't forget that Vegetto is now the Big Bad, because... reasons.
Salagir thought we would like Bra the same way he does. Sadly the character was too much of an OP OC and then Salagir tired to throw other fav characters under the bus.
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:34 pm
HeroR wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:58 pm At this point, I’m sure Salagir is basically writing a troll fic.
As all fanfiction should be.
That's a said reading experience you have suffered through if you hate all fan fiction.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun May 23, 2021 3:04 am

FoolsGil wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:44 pm Apparently the buff chick was in the background during the chaos, and her first opponent was the guy she's now palling with. Not sure about whatever joke the last two panels is, though maybe he might be a charlatan by trade, maybe plan to make his new friend a ringer in a fight version of "White Men Can't Jump"
I think the joke is that they're agreeing to put the past behind them, but then we get a reminder that the Majin mark just enhances the evil that is already within. These people had issues before being put under Babidi's control.

Gridlock

Post by Gridlock » Sun May 23, 2021 6:31 am

Trouser wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:38 pm Yeah, this whole Majin thing was irrelevant filler.
Three. Freaking. Years. Goddamit Napp... Salagir.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun May 23, 2021 11:46 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:21 am
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:34 pm
HeroR wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:58 pm At this point, I’m sure Salagir is basically writing a troll fic.
As all fanfiction should be.
That's a said reading experience you have suffered through if you hate all fan fiction.
It was a joke. I've read lots of great fanfiction. But you gotta admit that nothing beats a good troll fic.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun May 23, 2021 2:18 pm

Pretty sure there is no room for negotiations, Ginyu have more power...literally.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun May 23, 2021 2:55 pm

coola wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:18 pm Image
Pretty sure there is no room for negotiations, Ginyu have more power...literally.
Yeah but for the sake of an easy life if they want a couple more planets as reperations he might as well give it to em and earn their loyalty/not have to run everything by himself.

Where do you think he's taking Raditz? I assume it's a room of spirit and time kinda situation otherwise there's nowhere else any safer...

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:39 am

As powerful as Ginyu is it would still make life easier to get along with the Cold brothers.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon May 24, 2021 8:37 am

The thing about Ginyu is he lacks ambition, and he doesn't like making unnecessary trouble. He didn't even start using his powers against the Freeza-clan Empire until Freeza tried to kill him. Before that, he was fine just being the leader of his platoon. So, at least from where I see things, Ginyu isn't going to rock the boat. He'll get his share, Freeza and Cooler will never bother him again, and he'll be fine with just that.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon May 24, 2021 12:21 pm

Super Saiyan 3 Raditz, let's go.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon May 24, 2021 2:43 pm

Zephyr wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:21 pm Super Saiyan 3 Raditz, let's go.
It's ultimate Raditz dude.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Mon May 24, 2021 6:48 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:21 am
Trouser wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:49 pm
theherodjl wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:51 pm Was Bra ever really that interesting of a character to justify turning her into the strongest female character in a major fanfic???
No. She's actually very boring and flat character. Maybe it's on purpose, but I don't want to believe that Salagir wanted us to hate Bra. Something went bad along the way and it's now too late to change the course, especially when we know that everyone will forgive her crimes, which has zero sense behind it. Yes, Vegeta was forgiven too, but it took years to happen. It literally took five minutes for Bra.
Don't forget that Vegetto is now the Big Bad, because... reasons.
Salagir thought we would like Bra the same way he does. Sadly the character was too much of an OP OC and then Salagir tired to throw other fav characters under the bus.
I remember creating an edgelord almighty OC a few years ago for a laugh. Somehow Salagir made Bra a worse character than her.

Bra is excessive and clearly a mighty waifu— I know the sentiment. But she'd actually be mildly interesting if she did what my OC did and pulled a Toguro: "I may be naturally violent and aggressive, but it's my conscious decision to follow through on my impulses that make me what I am, and I'll make no excuses for it."

That would make for a much better break from Babidi's control: fully embrace your actions and their consequences.

I get that this was originally just a fancomic about what if matchups, like one of the video games or Drandosk videos given a throwaway narrative. That's all it ever needed to be.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.