Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:58 am

Either way, Gohan isn't taking it easy on Buu.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:02 pm

He also has experience wearing down Super Buu with the same sort of physical attacks.

Buus can regenerate damage but they can eventually get tired.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:19 am

We would achieve world peace If Super started writing Gohan like this.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:08 am

sintzu wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:19 am We would achieve world peace If Super started writing Gohan like this.
I mean, Super Gohan is the closest we ever got to the only good Gohan, Great Saiyaman Gohan.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Now you're stealing Krillin's techniques? :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:56 pm

Max would be better. Maxi sounds like a sanitary product.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:24 pm

I wasn't going to say it before, but instead of Gohan going Berserk on Buu, I would have loved it if just used the Mafuba, and not waste time. And I thought to myself "Smart move for a scholar, but there's no way Gohan would have tracked Master Roshi down for that." And then he just...Maxi Kienzan? So he tracked Krillin down, learned Kienzan and expanded on it...I mean I guess?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Why is he using the Destructo Disk when a big Kamehameha would probably be much more effective?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:36 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:24 pm I wasn't going to say it before, but instead of Gohan going Berserk on Buu, I would have loved it if just used the Mafuba, and not waste time. And I thought to myself "Smart move for a scholar, but there's no way Gohan would have tracked Master Roshi down for that." And then he just...Maxi Kienzan? So he tracked Krillin down, learned Kienzan and expanded on it...I mean I guess?
It’s easy to learn since Goku and even Vegeta used it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:50 pm

HeroR wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:36 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:24 pm I wasn't going to say it before, but instead of Gohan going Berserk on Buu, I would have loved it if just used the Mafuba, and not waste time. And I thought to myself "Smart move for a scholar, but there's no way Gohan would have tracked Master Roshi down for that." And then he just...Maxi Kienzan? So he tracked Krillin down, learned Kienzan and expanded on it...I mean I guess?
It’s easy to learn since Goku and even Vegeta used it.
Missed my point.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:54 pm

I'll admit I'm not sure what your point is. Gohan has seen the Kienzan used by Kuririn multiple times and Vegeta replicated it after seeing it once. Goku has also replicated it despite never seeing Kuririn use it on-screen (though he may have been copying it from Freeza).
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:18 am

The point was that if Gohan should have learned anything from someone else, it probably should have been the Mafuba, which I declined to say before when he was beating Buu, because I didn't think the writing would have Gohan learn a technique owned from someone else.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:55 am

But as you said, he hasn't had a plausible opportunity to learn it. The Kienzan isn't something he needed to learn, as other characters have already demonstrated the ability to use it without learning it.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:09 am

Saiga wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:54 pm I'll admit I'm not sure what your point is. Gohan has seen the Kienzan used by Kuririn multiple times and Vegeta replicated it after seeing it once. Goku has also replicated it despite never seeing Kuririn use it on-screen (though he may have been copying it from Freeza).
I thought that Vegeta always had a Kienzan-like attack, and that's why he was able to instantly recognize the technique whereas Nappa didn't.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:27 am

I really don't get what he's doing with that, seems like the worst move to finish buu, unless the flat side is also sharp in DBM and he's going to just drop it on him like a plate.... Weird...

Maybe rotate it like a buzzsaw and suck in all of Buu? I can't see who else he'd be throwing it at...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:14 am

RandomGuy96 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:09 am
Saiga wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:54 pm I'll admit I'm not sure what your point is. Gohan has seen the Kienzan used by Kuririn multiple times and Vegeta replicated it after seeing it once. Goku has also replicated it despite never seeing Kuririn use it on-screen (though he may have been copying it from Freeza).
I thought that Vegeta always had a Kienzan-like attack, and that's why he was able to instantly recognize the technique whereas Nappa didn't.
I think his warning to Nappa was just to show the difference between the two of them, and that he wouldn't be fooled so easily - he specifically tells Nappa to use his head, so to me it seems like he just recognized the sharpness of the attack and realized Nappa couldn't take it head-on.

It'd be too coincidental to me that he knew the same technique already and that was the only reason he said to duck.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:02 pm

What does Gohan mean he can’t sense Piccolo or Videl? Isn’t this the same one who just saw their dead bodies?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:02 pm What does Gohan mean he can’t sense Piccolo or Videl? Isn’t this the same one who just saw their dead bodies?
Apparently not. It's hard to tell since they both look the same, though.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:14 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:29 pm Apparently not. It's hard to tell since they both look the same, though.
Yeah. U16 Gohan is the injured one in just his undershirt; this fresh Gohan is the U18 one.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:20 pm

Gohan's done fooling around.