Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by goku1234 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:49 pm

The Bastard. wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:20 pm This writing fucking sucks, my god.

He's telling us what to think of his pet character, insufferable fan work, it's impressive how it gone so downhill so fast and it did not reach the bottom either.
u are totally right that this manga is useless now!!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:26 am

Bra actually apologizing is something that was desperately needed and a bit overdue. Up until now, she hadn't really said that she was sorry to the vast number of people she had killed or made any sincere effort to make it up to everyone. Granted, Bra still doesn't get a pass for having shitty management over her anger or needing to be told that she's passive in order to realize that she's lost control of her mind but for now, at least a step has been made in the right direction.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:03 pm

Of course she's a hero now.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:52 am

I am soooo tired of Bra and her flat character development. I am for Bra being killed as a method for a cataclysm of the story, and to ease the writing process, we can have Buu erasing all memories of her. He can erase Dai Kaioshin as well while he is at it.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:08 pm

goku1234 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:49 pm
The Bastard. wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:20 pm This writing fucking sucks, my god.

He's telling us what to think of his pet character, insufferable fan work, it's impressive how it gone so downhill so fast and it did not reach the bottom either.
u are totally right that this manga is useless now!!
Well, everything has a begining and an end, maybe it is time to end that fanmanga.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:36 pm

A little author manipulation in the first panel. There has been nothing we've seen in this entire tournament that would allow Bra to embarrass herself by wearing either the bunny suit, or the Saiyaman suit, let alone all those cute smiling moments, even if those are moments only Pan has seen, we the audience haven't. Maybe it'd be believable if she had more of a scowl on her face before everything went to shit. Before the ugliness, she had a view of contempt for literally everyone except those in her universe and even then threw jabs at Gotenks and her dad, and now it's like "oh wait, she's always been a cute, sweet kid."

...I honestly don't know about how Bra should be handled at this point, she's a contradiction in all kinds of ways. Even if I'm in the camp of what happened isn't her fault, there is enough evidence that she could go down a dark path, even if currently she has been scared straight.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:49 pm

This writing is a fucking disgrace

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:46 pm

...Look at those eyes. usually only dragons have that particular shape.
The next two chapters are very special. They are drawn by Rogeru who did the last Broly specials, and not written by Salagir, but by Xeno Black!

They will also release at a faster rhythm than usual! Starting this Sunday, but also expect a page on Mondays!

Rogeru websites: https://www.dbyobun.com & https://medibang.com/u/Rogeru
Xeno website: https://www.deviantart.com/xeno-black00

I got a chuckle of them pointing out Salagir didn't write these next two specials, though I do wonder what other stories need to be told in the Mirai timeline(s).

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:02 pm

Looks like Evil!Porunga.

"not written by Salagir"
So, it's "nOn CaNoN hurr durr". Can't wait to read them specials.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:28 am

You know, I'd really like to see the moment that Babidi took over Bra's mind. If there was at least a scene in which Bra desperately *tried* to fight it, her mind breaking under pressure and body slumping over in a catatonic state, and then coming to as the Majin Bra after prodding from Babidi, it could go a long way in making Bra appear to have truly been controlled and genuinely more sympathetic. If not however and Bra simply fell to Babidi's control with little effort or convincing, she's a snake that is just manipulating everyone into thinking she is good and Salagir is hoping to shock us with this revelation later. I really hope it's the former.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:21 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:28 am You know, I'd really like to see the moment that Babidi took over Bra's mind. If there was at least a scene in which Bra desperately *tried* to fight it, her mind breaking under pressure and body slumping over in a catatonic state, and then coming to as the Majin Bra after prodding from Babidi, it could go a long way in making Bra appear to have truly been controlled and genuinely more sympathetic. If not however and Bra simply fell to Babidi's control with little effort or convincing, she's a snake that is just manipulating everyone into thinking she is good and Salagir is hoping to shock us with this revelation later. I really hope it's the former.
Showing her struggling a chapter or so before she Majins would have probably been the smartest thing.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:37 pm

Salagir had a rare moment in fanfiction where he could have given Bra all the same justification Vegeta had for going Majin. Given her the same cool moments but instead choose to do what he did which was the final nail in the coffin for her character.

Vegito had already been offered up to prop Bra might as well had continued that plot thread.

Have Bra afraid of her power due to lack of control. She's a kid with Vegito's powers that took him decades to aquire.

Babidi offers her control and she knows she can't break his spell like Vegeta did which fixes her problem.

Then have her want to use that power against Vegito he we find out has been threatening her nearly her entire life.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:51 pm

Well, at least the new special is about Future Trunks. One of my favorite characters in all fiction.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:55 am

I went back to the pages with Bardock's visions and here's my prediction, though I may be off with the exact order of events. It seems that not long from now, Vegetto is somehow going to become controlled or even willingly joins a coup, likely by XXI, and he will act as a sentinel to prevent anyone from stopping XXI's plan or going anywhere for that matter. Goku has optimism that they can develop a strategy to defeat Vegetto but Bra really doesn't believe that they have what it takes to succeed. U16/U18 Gohan(or someone else) will find and break one of the Namekian's DBs in half to prevent XXI from being able to grant his wish. Android-Yamcha will confront XXI and appear to hold the advantage against him in a fight...until either he or Vegetto flips the tables again. The Piccolos will somehow develop or unveil a special ability that they have to keep everyone from slipping away, specifically their minds to XXI. We may see XXI agree to a truce in that he'll let the tournament resume and feigns accepting defeat if they can actually win according to tournament rules. Gast will step up to battle XXI and during the match, Bra will attempt to to get through to her father and even fight him but it will end with her death. In an act of desperation, Goku & Vegeta get sent into Vegetto's mind via the full extent of the Piccolos' ability and have to forcefully separate the Goku & Vegeta that exist in his mind so that he can finally unfuse. With Vegetto finally out of the picture, XXI will become gradually overwhelmed by the combined might of everyone and gets sealed away thanks to the Kaioshin. The tournament concludes due to the Kaioshin & Namekians agreeing to grant all of the universes wishes and everyone goes home. Goku & Vegeta make a bit of a fuss out of the fact that they didn't get to fight in the tournament and they go to an uninhabited world back in their universe; the last page being them finally going all out and flying towards each other, ready to engage in an epic clash that will be felt by everyone all the way back on Earth.

Just a shot in the dark.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:52 pm

I doubt Vegito is getting defused. I really think U18 Gogeta will defeat him due to Vegeta's new form.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:07 pm

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:27 pm

Sorry to tell you this, Bulma, but your one-night-stand Vegeta ain't in Heaven. lol

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:52 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:27 pm Sorry to tell you this, Bulma, but your one-night-stand Vegeta ain't in Heaven. lol
Every fanfiction that I've read that deals with the future has Vegeta in heaven because for some reason Goku threw a tantrum to get him there.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:15 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:52 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:27 pm Sorry to tell you this, Bulma, but your one-night-stand Vegeta ain't in Heaven. lol
Every fanfiction that I've read that deals with the future has Vegeta in heaven because for some reason Goku threw a tantrum to get him there.
Then he should have lost his body too, no more tantrum

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:52 am

FoolsGil wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:15 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:52 pm
Then he should have lost his body too, no more tantrum
Yeah Goku cites saving the world from Cell as the reason he didn't get a body.

The only contradiction to this is Goku appearing one one panel in a bonus chapter by toyo, but even then I'd still argue this is just to show it's Goku speaking rather than a puffy cloud.

Goku not getting a body is the only reason him not coming back for a day makes sense outside Baba dying too.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.