Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by coola » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:24 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:19 pm

I was going to mention that Slug's crew should at minimum be around the Ginyu Force and how are the saiyans holding their own but then I remembered Future Gohan holds a W over Dabura.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:23 pm

But Dabura was weakened in that fight, right?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:48 pm

Every time I'm reminded of the Future Majin Attack I die a little inside. Yes Dabura was weakened. However for some ultimate BS reason when Dabura had Gohan in a hold, Gohan going basic Super Saiyan broke his grip - before he was weakened. Needless to say, a being as strong as Super Perfect Cell, on par with a healthy SSJ2, shouldn't be pushed back, by such a measly power level. And sure, story is more important than power levels, but in situations like that, you should probably write a better story. :problem:

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:40 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:48 pm Every time I'm reminded of the Future Majin Attack I die a little inside. Yes Dabura was weakened. However for some ultimate BS reason when Dabura had Gohan in a hold, Gohan going basic Super Saiyan broke his grip - before he was weakened. Needless to say, a being as strong as Super Perfect Cell, on par with a healthy SSJ2, shouldn't be pushed back, by such a measly power level. And sure, story is more important than power levels, but in situations like that, you should probably write a better story. :problem:
Ah but you forget; these characters are popular. The fandom has always (in my experience at least) always been willing to ignore power scaling for popular characters.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:26 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:40 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:48 pm Every time I'm reminded of the Future Majin Attack I die a little inside. Yes Dabura was weakened. However for some ultimate BS reason when Dabura had Gohan in a hold, Gohan going basic Super Saiyan broke his grip - before he was weakened. Needless to say, a being as strong as Super Perfect Cell, on par with a healthy SSJ2, shouldn't be pushed back, by such a measly power level. And sure, story is more important than power levels, but in situations like that, you should probably write a better story. :problem:
Ah but you forget; these characters are popular. The fandom has always (in my experience at least) always been willing to ignore power scaling for popular characters.
One dbz fan in the right mind would ignore power scaling to that level. Future Gohan is so weak he might not even be able to handle Frieza before his one armed state.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:36 pm

Wait, but Future Trunks killed Frieza, and he was as strong as Gohan before his death, right? I think he is able to handle Mecha Frieza.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:42 am

SSJgogeto wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:36 pm Wait, but Future Trunks killed Frieza, and he was as strong as Gohan before his death, right? I think he is able to handle Mecha Frieza.

It was stated in both the manga and tv special that Trunk was as strong as Gohan when he was killed before he went out to fight the Androids and got his ass kicked. So if Trunks can stomped Mecha Frieza, then Gohan should logically be the same even with one arm.

In either case, Gohan had no business fighting Dabura, forget winning. Even if Dabura was greatly weakened, he still should stomped a character who is only about Namek Saga Super Saiyan Goku's level. People often forget how powerful the characters got between the end of Namek and the end of the Cell Games.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:26 am

HeroR wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:42 am
SSJgogeto wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:36 pm Wait, but Future Trunks killed Frieza, and he was as strong as Gohan before his death, right? I think he is able to handle Mecha Frieza.

It was stated in both the manga and tv special that Trunk was as strong as Gohan when he was killed before he went out to fight the Androids and got his ass kicked. So if Trunks can stomped Mecha Frieza, then Gohan should logically be the same even with one arm.

In either case, Gohan had no business fighting Dabura, forget winning. Even if Dabura was greatly weakened, he still should stomped a character who is only about Namek Saga Super Saiyan Goku's level. People often forget how powerful the characters got between the end of Namek and the end of the Cell Games.
One armed Gohan and Trunks are about the same in the manga. Two armed is the one that fought Dabra and you could make an argument he's Frieza level at worst and namek Goku at best.

In the TV Special Gohan is much stronger than Trunks and might be the strongest pre roast super saiyan.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:34 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:26 pm
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:40 pm
One dbz fan in the right mind would ignore power scaling to that level. Future Gohan is so weak he might not even be able to handle Frieza before his one armed state.
Goku vs Freeza was just as bad, Goku had harder time against Ginyu Force, yet was somehow strong enough to force Freeza to transform into 4th form (There is also wasted opportunity, that Ginyu is really Nail)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:37 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:51 pm

Honestly, I don't remember how strong is old Slug.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:29 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:51 pm Honestly, I don't remember how strong is old Slug.
I would say stronger than Piccolo post fusion with Nail, but below 3rd form of Freeza. He one shotted Zeeun, and every minion was afraid of him, even Angila and Medamatcha, who managed to beat Gohan and Piccolo.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:24 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:51 pm Honestly, I don't remember how strong is old Slug.
When he was designed, the movie writers seemed to have a vague idea of Toriyama's upcoming Super Saiyan idea. Looks sounds like someone asked him for input and he mentioned what he was thinking of doing with Goku's new form.

So the "false super saiyan" is the movie-verse version of what they thought SSJ would be. Since the SSJ idea was to give Goku a boost to beat the big final villain (Freeza, Slug), we can extrapolate that Slug is near Freeza final form but below SSJ1 Goku.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:12 pm

Around as strong as non-SS Goku is in that movie. Slug tells Goku that he might have had a chance against him before he regained his youth, but now that he's in his prime again, he can beat Goku around effortlessly.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:32 am

Considering where the movie takes place Old Slug could be Ginyu level and young Slug is 2nd form Frieza maybe even initial Final form Frieza.
coola wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:34 am
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:40 pm Ah but you forget; these characters are popular. The fandom has always (in my experience at least) always been willing to ignore power scaling for popular characters.
Goku vs Freeza was just as bad, Goku had harder time against Ginyu Force, yet was somehow strong enough to force Freeza to transform into 4th form (There is also wasted opportunity, that Ginyu is really Nail)
I can't remember that one but if Goku did a little training with Nail and used a 20xKK I could see Frieza using his 4th form but not too much of it being needed.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:25 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:32 am Considering where the movie takes place Old Slug could be Ginyu level and young Slug is 2nd form Frieza maybe even initial Final form Frieza.

I can't remember that one but if Goku did a little training with Nail and used a 20xKK I could see Frieza using his 4th form but not too much of it being needed.
I think main "problem" is that Salagir in his canon made Freeza much weaker than he was in manga/anime (Here his full power is 12.000.000 instead of 120.000.000 if i remember correctly) with is why Goku could beat Feeza up in his 3rd form, despite having harder time against Ginyu Force
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:02 pm

coola wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:25 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:32 am Considering where the movie takes place Old Slug could be Ginyu level and young Slug is 2nd form Frieza maybe even initial Final form Frieza.
I think main "problem" is that Salagir in his canon made Freeza much weaker than he was in manga/anime (Here his full power is 12.000.000 instead of 120.000.000 if i remember correctly) with is why Goku could beat Feeza up in his 3rd form, despite having harder time against Ginyu Force
Goku should still be able to mop the Ginyu Force as my understanding was he was still 90,000 at the time. Maybe he just wanted to add tension like Toei did in the movies.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:54 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:02 pm Goku should still be able to mop the Ginyu Force as my understanding was he was still 90,000 at the time. Maybe he just wanted to add tension like Toei did in the movies.
Yeah, you need SOME degree of threat for a fight to work.

However, you could say that Goku feeling the deaths of his friends while in space threw off his training, and as such he wasn't able to get up to pre-SSJ levels. He was also somewhat depressed that he got to Namek too late to save anyone.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:14 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:26 am
HeroR wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:42 am

One armed Gohan and Trunks are about the same in the manga. Two armed is the one that fought Dabra and you could make an argument he's Frieza level at worst and namek Goku at best.

In the TV Special Gohan is much stronger than Trunks and might be the strongest pre roast super saiyan.
Base Gohan with one arm was fighting Super Saiyan Trunks in the manga with no problem, so there was a big power different even in the manga version. Also, nothing suggests two armed Gohan was stronger than the one arm Gohan.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.