Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun May 30, 2021 9:44 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:03 pm Looks like Videl also has issue with Bra. Also the bromance is over, lol.

I would love if Pan goes to find Vegetto and asks for help to find the strength to stop Bra, if it ever comes to that.
GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:19 pm Pan looks so scared...Makes sense.
It's the absolute bare minimum that could've been done, too.

You wanna know what's kinda sad? Apparently this is only the case because of the fan backlash. Salagir put in these scenes of others being scared of Bra to acknowledge that people didn't like how easy she was getting away with all this— so theoretically, in an earlier draft, Bra wouldn't have even needed to deal with the consequences. She could've just done an awkward "Um... h-hey, Gohan? About what happened...?" and then cue those panels of him forgiving her with no acknowledgement by Pan or Videl that she's got Freeza-tier sadism in her (and not even laying deep in her id like with Son Goku and his most primal Saiyajin impulses; I mean barely below the surface). Instead, it just becomes a noodle incident not acknowledged until Vegetto goes full abusive dad in front of everyone, by which point we're totally supposed to think Bra doesn't deserve retribution. Heck, if she pulls the right moves, she genuinely may be redeemed in a "fictional fighting comic" sense, but that might be asking too much of the story that she'd do them.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Sun May 30, 2021 9:47 pm

Wth is with Gohan's reaction to the Cell Jr? The Cell Jr helped them in the fight against Bra and his reaction is to treat him like he's pure evil like his 'father' is. Wtf!?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 31, 2021 6:58 pm

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:47 pm Wth is with Gohan's reaction to the Cell Jr? The Cell Jr helped them in the fight against Bra and his reaction is to treat him like he's pure evil like his 'father' is. Wtf!?
Everything to do with Cell when it comes to Gohan is a personal reminder of his biggest failure in life.

Now he needs somewhere else tonout his anger because he is trying to forgive his sister so Cell is anneasy target.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:47 am

We don't even know if the Cell Jr.s have free will. For all we know, Cell could force 'em to do anything he pleased.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:12 pm

I'm pretty sure the Cell Jr was acting out of their own free will when they helped Gohan. I mean, not like they had a choice, there was a crazy mass murderer trying to kill them and working together bought time.

Still, I'm hoping the next page isn't Gohan saying something around the lines of,"'Vegito, I'm ashamed you tried to kill Bra. Don't you remember when you were Vegeta that you used to be a genocidal maniac too? You shouldn't be so harsh with her when you had a dark past." Like god, there's so many issues with the writing, but this would make it worse.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:01 pm

It did feel like it was Cell talking through the Jr.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:30 pm

There is a pencil draft by Asura of Pan actually slapping Bra instead of just yelling "no!" and turning away, something that probably would have worked better for this situation IMO. Bra isn't really affected by words(aside from the "you're passive" comment from her counterpart :roll: ) nearly as much as she is by physical violence and the threat of death. Pan aggressively slapping her would've really driven the point home to Bra that what she did was not okay nor easily forgiven by everyone. She can have tear-filled eyes and be in a submissive posture all she wants, Bra just doesn't completely grasp the severity & nature of her actions until someone turns the tables on her and puts her in the position of being hurt.
Vegetto was right to be harsh on Bra...but almost everyone else views Bra as just a poor victim who needs to be saved from her big, bad abusive father even though Bra has killed billions and may or may not show total remorse for it.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:21 am

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:12 pm
Still, I'm hoping the next page isn't Gohan saying something around the lines of,"'Vegito, I'm ashamed you tried to kill Bra. Don't you remember when you were Vegeta that you used to be a genocidal maniac too? You shouldn't be so harsh with her when you had a dark past." Like god, there's so many issues with the writing, but this would make it worse.
That's an in character response from Gohan.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:44 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:21 am
GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:12 pm
That's an in character response from Gohan.
Yeah...if he were talking to Vegeta. Vegeta and Vegito aren't the same person and placing Vegeta's fuck ups on Vegito is bad writing to assume so. It's like if Gohan got mad at Vegito for Goku giving Cell a senzu. His anger isn't directed at the right person and it makes everyone look dumb.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:18 am

Also, Vegeta sacrificed himself in an attempt to write his mistakes. He didn't just say he was sorry and expect people to move on. He showed that he was changed through his actions. Bra on the other hand? She feels real bad. ...That's it. She's so sorry. So let's just forgive her.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:11 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:18 am Also, Vegeta sacrificed himself in an attempt to write his mistakes. He didn't just say he was sorry and expect people to move on. He showed that he was changed through his actions. Bra on the other hand? She feels real bad. ...That's it. She's so sorry. So let's just forgive her.
The worst part is that they deflected onto Vegito and basically acted like Bra did nothing wrong. I personally dislike Bra simply because the story acts like she has done nothing wrong and deflect onto other characters for her fuck ups. Like come on, Gotenks bitched at Vegito for his 'past acts', like the WTF is he talking about? Has Vegito blown up the solar system while we weren't looking? Is he talking about Vegeta(that doesn't count and Gotenks should fucking know this given he's a fusion)? The worst thing Vegito actually ended up going through with is trying to kill Bra...like he said he would...after she almost killed everyone and deflects onto Vegito of all people when she has the crowd on her side. I've read fanfiction better than this.

Hell, people probably wouldn't have had a issue with Bra if they just SHOWED us how she became majinized and showed her fighting back several times. She didn't even hesitate when she cut Gohan in half and yet being called passive was what did the critical hit? And don't say she under it completely, she disobeyed Babdi's order on leaving him in space to pursue the fighters in the arena. That doesn't sound like someone who was under total control. If she was, she would've obeyed Babidi and kept him safe the whole time. Really? That's just stupid. Hell, I remember in the draft that Pan was originally going to hit Bra when she tried to approach her, why the hell didn't they go with that? It would've been more dramatic than her just running away and saying,"NO!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:08 pm

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:11 pm And don't say she under it completely, she disobeyed Babdi's order on leaving him in space to pursue the fighters in the arena. That doesn't sound like someone who was under total control. If she was, she would've obeyed Babidi and kept him safe the whole time.
Plus, it's not like Babidi ever told her how he wanted her to carry out her orders. He didn't order he to act like a Super Villain while she slaughtered her opponents.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:49 pm

If we weren't told that Bra was under the Majin spell, or if the M wasn't there, based just on how she acted, we would never think she was being controlled and not just uninhibited, fulfilling her deepest desires...

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:31 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:49 pm If we weren't told that Bra was under the Majin spell, or if the M wasn't there, based just on how she acted, we would never think she was being controlled and not just uninhibited, fulfilling her deepest desires...
To add to this, another "victim"(Kakaratto) stated that he actually liked being under the Majin control after he had been released from it. This is proof that there is at least some small shred of truth to Bra enjoying the opportunity of dropping all pretense of being good and going wild with murderous rage. When she later states "how low is your opinion of me???" to Vegetto, Bra is covering her ass on the fact that she was not 100% under Babidi's spell. She knows damn well why Vegetto and others would believe that she has the capacity to turn evil and having some little head tilt with a puzzled expression on her face isn't going to absolve her of this.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:28 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:18 am Also, Vegeta sacrificed himself in an attempt to write his mistakes. He didn't just say he was sorry and expect people to move on. He showed that he was changed through his actions. Bra on the other hand? She feels real bad. ...That's it. She's so sorry. So let's just forgive her.
To give Bra the BOTD, she literally JUST stopped her rampage and there's no situation where a sacrifice is necessary. Like it was no more than two or three minutes prior that she broke down. Nothing's happening right now. The next few fights don't have any danger of going so catastrophically wrong either.

Goku got through to Vegeta to convince him he fucked up and the situation was deteriorating rapidly at that so he had no other choice. And this was part of a longer sequence of events that didn't even immediately pay off for him considering he was still sent to Hell. He didn't have a chance to mope around and feel bad or realize he betrayed his wife and son because a piece of Lovecraftian bubblegum was about to kill everyone. Boo denied us a chance to see Crying Majin Vegeta (you know he would've done it, too— Vegeta's an emotional monkey underneath that rocky exterior).

Would be some shit, though, if Vegetto's inevitable rampage is what opens up Bra's chance for atonement. If there's any way to fuck up an atonement arc, that's it. To say the shark has been jumped is like saying "breaking news: humans have invented the wheel!"
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:33 pm

Does that shot of Videl supposed to mean something besides being cute?

For the record, after all the bullshit we saw from Cell, I think if he's ingenious enough, he could take on two Gohans. I mean, he had no body and he still regenerated. because plot bullshit.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:58 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:33 pm Image

Does that shot of Videl supposed to mean something besides being cute?

For the record, after all the bullshit we saw from Cell, I think if he's ingenious enough, he could take on two Gohans. I mean, he had no body and he still regenerated. because plot bullshit.
I think he was just caught off-guard. He's more or less capable now of fighting Ultimate Gohan to a standstill, so he's confident, but got spooked by the other Gohan when he was trying to trash talk.

Basically a funny filler page, nothing to take too seriously.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:52 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:28 pm
To give Bra the BOTD, she literally JUST stopped her rampage and there's no situation where a sacrifice is necessary. Like it was no more than two or three minutes prior that she broke down. Nothing's happening right now. The next few fights don't have any danger of going so catastrophically wrong either.

Goku got through to Vegeta to convince him he fucked up and the situation was deteriorating rapidly at that so he had no other choice. And this was part of a longer sequence of events that didn't even immediately pay off for him considering he was still sent to Hell. He didn't have a chance to mope around and feel bad or realize he betrayed his wife and son because a piece of Lovecraftian bubblegum was about to kill everyone. Boo denied us a chance to see Crying Majin Vegeta (you know he would've done it, too— Vegeta's an emotional monkey underneath that rocky exterior).

Would be some shit, though, if Vegetto's inevitable rampage is what opens up Bra's chance for atonement. If there's any way to fuck up an atonement arc, that's it. To say the shark has been jumped is like saying "breaking news: humans have invented the wheel!"
I'm not so much criticizing the character as I am the writing. If Salagir didn't write Bra a chance to redeem herself, and yet he expects people to forgive her because she feels guilty now, that's bad writing. Bra may get a chance to redeem herself later, but the damage has already been done. When Toriyama wrote a similar situation, Vegeta was always laser focused on his goal of getting his rematch with Goku. So when he disobeyed Babidi, it was clear what his motivations were. He was always in control, because he only wanted one thing in life: to surpass Goku. In contrast, Bra only disobeyed because...I dunno? She felt like it? She had no clear motivations. And Salagir seems to think that lack of clarity means he can get away with saying she was just doing what Babidi ordered, despite showing her disobeying his orders.

When Vegeta got his change of heart, he gets a moment with his son, where he realizes he failed as a father and embraces the boy for the first time in his life. He knocks Trunks out and hands him off to Piccolo for protection, before blowing himself up in an attempt to disintegrate Buu. When he does this, he understands fully that he is going to Hell for all the bad things he's done, yet he makes that sacrifice anyway, because it was the right thing to do. It was the only thing he could do to clean up the mess he created. He failed, but he still tried, and his self-sacrifice was an emotional moment for the series. Bra's version of this was just sloppy. She breaks herself free after being told she's passive. She cries about it and feels sorry, and then it's revealed that Vegito was the "true villain" all along, because he correctly predicted that she would do something like this and threatened to kill her if she got to be too powerful. This comes out of nowhere, and every character immediately jumps on Vegito's case, completely forgiving Bra and even making excuses for her. She has done nothing to redeem herself, and yet the story acts like she doesn't need to.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:09 am

Bra's arc should have been I'm Majin now but I'm using this power to fight my Dad who said he wants to kill me. Vegetto challenges her. Bra admits she's afraid of her Dad, Vegetto realizes he could have raised her better and they both apologize.

Bra then still Majin teleports to Babidi as he thinks she's with him raises her power bringing the Heroes back and Buu kills Babidi.

Majin Cold or Cell could have replaced Bra as the villian. Cell Jr could have just wanted his normal Dad back.

Gridlock

Post by Gridlock » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:56 pm

Wonder if Salagir will subverte expectations, and have Uub win. Nice to see, that bitchy Bra who trashtalk everyone for no reason is gone (at least for now). Hope she stays that way, and she might just become berable.