Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:05 am

Trouser wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:16 pm Rogeru's art as always is top notch! But story... Eh, is this Dragon Ball Super?
I don't see a huge live crowd reading DBM.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:43 pm

Buu is supposed to be smarter, especially with Piccolo absorbed, then i remembered, that in specials, everyone is dumb as brick...
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:10 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:05 am
Trouser wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:16 pm Rogeru's art as always is top notch! But story... Eh, is this Dragon Ball Super?
Yeah, Latin America is pretty cringe.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:20 pm

This is making my head hurt. Don't Legendary Super Saiyans in this story have heart attacks? How has Broly not keeled over yet.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:21 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:10 pm
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:05 am
Yeah, Latin America is pretty cringe.
If i remember correctly, Toei was not pleased with that, and embassy issued an apology.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:16 pm

Rofl that last panel. :lol: Now that's cringy!

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:18 pm

That was dumb. Broly plot armour is maximum. No reason Buu couldn't kill him with all the fighters in him.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:24 pm

I feel like Oob is going to swoop in and keep the fight going a little longer

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:30 pm

"Oh the humanity! If only I had absorbed someone who knew teleportation!"

God, this is dumb.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:30 pm

CashmanX wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:30 pm "Oh the humanity! If only I had absorbed someone who knew teleportation!"

God, this is dumb.
Maybe this is a case of a character forgetting about their components abilities...or bad writing.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:20 pm

Goddamn, so Salagir fucking sucks, eh?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:30 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:20 pm Goddamn, so Salagir fucking sucks, eh?
Yeah, since beginning, Salagir..was not good at wrighting, especially when he went with edgy stuff

Jokes on you, Uub, Broly poower is maximum.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:07 pm

Oh, look! It's Oob! Let's take a sit and have a good look at his dead body... It's really shame what has DBM become. I remember talking to my friend about this comic as if it was the real continuity of DB story.
Like always, Rogeru's art is great!
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 pm

coola wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:30 pmYeah, since beginning, Salagir..was not good at wrighting, especially when he went with edgy stuff
Personally, I believe that Salagir was one of those fans who was under the impression that DB was so much more adult & hardcore in the original dub compared to the English dub. You know, the kind that thought the characters would curse like sailors and that nudity/sexual situations & gore was much more frequent? It really shows in DBM with f-bombs and other expletives dropped a number of times as well as violence being more graphic than what you would see from Toriyama most of the time.
Salagir's writing probably seems edgy because he may perceive DB as being edgy from his point of view.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:29 am

The dialogue in DBM is still terrible in my opinion.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:15 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:19 pm

This is so slow!!! Broly should be fast asleep in the next release

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:13 pm

theherodjl wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 pm
coola wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:30 pmYeah, since beginning, Salagir..was not good at wrighting, especially when he went with edgy stuff
Personally, I believe that Salagir was one of those fans who was under the impression that DB was so much more adult & hardcore in the original dub compared to the English dub. You know, the kind that thought the characters would curse like sailors and that nudity/sexual situations & gore was much more frequent? It really shows in DBM with f-bombs and other expletives dropped a number of times as well as violence being more graphic than what you would see from Toriyama most of the time.
Salagir's writing probably seems edgy because he may perceive DB as being edgy from his point of view.
I got the opposite impression. It seems more like he recognizes that DB wasn't that "hardcore" but occasionally delved into it, and therefore decided to dip much further into that pool since the existence of this sort of stuff could be considered a creaked-open door. It's less "OG DB/DBZ was hardcore and had loads of gore/profanity/sexuality" and more "OG DB/DBZ had some gore/profanity/sexuality but not much— however those are some of the best moments of the show and manga (in Salagir's opinion?), so since it did it..." Or in other words, he knows DB isn't edgy but always wanted it to be.

Basically think of those types who think blood and guts and swearing makes something "not for kids" and inherently more badass making a follow-up to DBZ, something which kinda leaned into that world and was, apparently for a lot of middle-Anglo-American youths, one of their first tastes of "not for kids" animation (even if it was absolutely intended for kids compared to a lot of their other first tastes).

To some extent I guess this is also why it doesn't bother me like it does so many other people. As gratuitous as it is, I'm not reading this as a sequel to Toriyama's manga; I'm reading it as a silly what-if fan manga that happened to score way more attention than it deserves just because it's a comic rather than text. I suppose a bit like a Robin Williams fancomic that feels way too much like an Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer one. Come the days of AI-generated commercial art, I'll be vastly more gratuitous than DBM ever could be, but at least I won't show it to millions of people I guess.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat May 01, 2021 12:26 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:13 pm
theherodjl wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 pm
I got the opposite impression. It seems more like he recognizes that DB wasn't that "hardcore" but occasionally delved into it, and therefore decided to dip much further into that pool since the existence of this sort of stuff could be considered a creaked-open door. It's less "OG DB/DBZ was hardcore and had loads of gore/profanity/sexuality" and more "OG DB/DBZ had some gore/profanity/sexuality but not much— however those are some of the best moments of the show and manga (in Salagir's opinion?), so since it did it..." Or in other words, he knows DB isn't edgy but always wanted it to be.

Basically think of those types who think blood and guts and swearing makes something "not for kids" and inherently more badass making a follow-up to DBZ, something which kinda leaned into that world and was, apparently for a lot of middle-Anglo-American youths, one of their first tastes of "not for kids" animation (even if it was absolutely intended for kids compared to a lot of their other first tastes).

To some extent I guess this is also why it doesn't bother me like it does so many other people. As gratuitous as it is, I'm not reading this as a sequel to Toriyama's manga; I'm reading it as a silly what-if fan manga that happened to score way more attention than it deserves just because it's a comic rather than text. I suppose a bit like a Robin Williams fancomic that feels way too much like an Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer one. Come the days of AI-generated commercial art, I'll be vastly more gratuitous than DBM ever could be, but at least I won't show it to millions of people I guess.
I'm in the exact same boat as you are. I don't expect fan works to be beholden to how the original series did things; if you want to be a little more violent and gratuitous, and looser with the language, then have at it. You're not bound by demographics and profit margins like the official creative staff are. My only problem is when it gets obnoxious and excessive. Then it's a problem not for being "not Dragon Ball" but just for being obnoxious and excessive.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon May 03, 2021 5:36 pm

Oof, those little mistakes...

Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".