Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Flame Dragon
Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Flame Dragon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:07 am

Honestly i hate how Bra SSJ hair is no different than her base hair. So lazy.
It should look similiar to Trunks SSJ Hair if anything.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:04 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:Anyone else out there a fan of Bra? Not sure why but I enjoy her character.
I find her appealing in a future villain kind of way. Of course she's a flat character, Other than being a Saiyan and having a stick up her ass, we know nothing about her as a character. Methinks if it wasn't for her family, she would have already went on a path to darkness, and as she gets stronger and continues to see other people as insignificant she may turn when she's sure she can take Vegetto.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:11 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:Anyone else out there a fan of Bra? Not sure why but I enjoy her character.
I think it's sad how people hate her despite the fact that she's just Female Vegeta.

Vegeta acting like an asshole = everyone likes him
Bra acts like an asshole = people hate her and call her a "bitch"
Flame Dragon wrote:Honestly i hate how Bra SSJ hair is no different than her base hair. So lazy.
It should look similiar to Trunks SSJ Hair if anything.
I agree it's lazy but at least that makes her SSJ2 hair distinctive unlike Vegeta's and (to some extent) Goku's.
Last edited by Marco Polo on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:35 am

@Marco Polo:

Well I always hated Vegeta. Goku should've taken him out back after Cell gained perfect form and shot him.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:02 pm

I like this. Eleim is clearly going to lose but the gravity thing is making it hard for Bra to attack him. Looks like she's become so heavy she's about to fall right through the ring. The art is super inconsistent, though. Some panels look about as good as the main artist but others look really sloppy.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Seems to me using IT is a bad move when you can't handle the gravity.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:11 pm

Bra's going to pull the vest off and the gravity won't effect her any more I believe.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:46 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:The art is super inconsistent, though. Some panels look about as good as the main artist but others look really sloppy.
Yeah, last panel looks like fucking Looney Tunes :lol:

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:56 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
TonyTheTiger wrote:The art is super inconsistent, though. Some panels look about as good as the main artist but others look really sloppy.
Yeah, last panel looks like fucking Looney Tunes :lol:
Holy Shit you made my day

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Apparently she hasn't mastered Shunkan-ido well enough, because she lost her eyelashes during the teleport. =P
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:52 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Apparently she hasn't mastered Shunkan-ido well enough, because she lost her eyelashes during the teleport. =P
I'm weak :lol: to be fair though she doesn't have them in the first panel either.
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:10 pm

I know, but that makes the joke less funny. Image
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:17 pm

So there are really people who think Bra will become a future villain? Cuz I'm not seeing THAT so much, neither do I think she's a bad character. So what makes people think she'll turn?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:12 pm

Fionordequester wrote:So there are really people who think Bra will become a future villain? Cuz I'm not seeing THAT so much, neither do I think she's a bad character. So what makes people think she'll turn?
Her personality + Her Power - Empathy. She looks down on others, even her own peers-A person like this, how long would they be their universe's guardian before they wonder why they should bother protecting weak people? She lacks Goku's moral center, enough time seeing everyone around her as ants, she could wonder why she hasn't taken out her magnifying glass sooner.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:46 pm

No, she has empathy. Remember that one time where she accidentally hurt Gohan and Vegetto by going SSJ2? How she went into tears? She also showed the appropriate amount of rage at Bojack for how he treated Pan, and also was appropriately remorseful for accidently killing Zangya (even if that last one was only because Vegetto asked her not to).

As for her personality...isn't she basically Bulma, except with Vegeta's warrior spirit, and presumably without Bulma's pervertedness (though then again, her 1st outfit WAS pretty revealing...)? She's touchy and irritable, sure, but I don't read evil into it.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:49 pm

Fionordequester wrote:No, she has empathy. Remember that one time where she accidentally hurt Gohan and Vegetto by going SSJ2? How she went into tears? She also showed the appropriate amount of rage at Bojack for how he treated Pan, and also was appropriately remorseful for accidently killing Zangya (even if that last one was only because Vegetto asked her not to).
I did say before the only ones who are keeping her in check are her family, if that. I don't read much of the novelization, but I did read the part where U18Pan asked Bra for advice to achieve Super Saiyan; Bra insulted her before finally relenting some information. She didn't have much empathy, until memories of her Pan flooded back to her.
As for her personality...isn't she basically Bulma, except with Vegeta's warrior spirit
You're right on the money there, and beyond that, she reminds me of Vegeta at his worst. I can see Bra losing her shit at an opponent and attempt to blow up the planet, or let her Saiyan instincts overcome the ethics of protecting what's important, or selling her soul for more power just like Vegeta did all those other times. Maybe what Bra needs is her own 'Kakkarot' and 'Bulma', maybe a 2 in 1, but if she doesn't ever get this, I just expect her to snap.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:56 pm

FoolsGil wrote:I did say before the only ones who are keeping her in check are her family, if that. I don't read much of the novelization, but I did read the part where U18Pan asked Bra for advice to achieve Super Saiyan; Bra insulted her before finally relenting some information. She didn't have much empathy, until memories of her Pan flooded back to her.
But she has empathy though. Otherwise, she wouldn't even care about her family. Doesn't mean she can't be a jerk to everyone else, or that her family isn't a morality chain for her, just thought I'd point that out.

As for the novelization...yeah, there's that, but I also see some distinct differences between the novelization and the comic. For example, Vegetto's Arc around when he took care of Buu. The comic depicted the whole thing with him and Chi Chi and Bulma as something that was resolved very quickly, but in the novelization, there was a whole entire arc of Vegetto, Chi Chi, and Bulma agonizing over it, with Vegetto going off on his own for several months, learning how to create Senzu Beans (or something), Bulma trying to seduce him (she was desperate to not have him taken away by Chi Chi)...all sorts of melodrama.

That didn't happen in the comic (though I wish some of that had), so who's to say what does and doesn't apply?
You're right on the money there, and beyond that, she reminds me of Vegeta at his worst. I can see Bra losing her shit at an opponent and attempt to blow up the planet, or let her Saiyan instincts overcome the ethics of protecting what's important, or selling her soul for more power just like Vegeta did all those other times. Maybe what Bra needs is her own 'Kakkarot' and 'Bulma', maybe a 2 in 1, but if she doesn't ever get this, I just expect her to snap.
Vegeta at his worst was a product of an entire lifetime of absolutely horrible role models though. He still became a good guy when the right influences came into his life, so I still don't see Bra going the way of Vegeta, at least not JUST from her family dying or something.

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:02 pm

TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! Poor, poor Uub... :lol:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:16 pm

:lol: Even as an Oob fan, I can't help but laugh.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:22 pm

Even if the line is funny, Buu's reaction face seems pretty poorly drawn. As does Uub. Eleim's gonna get disqualified, right?

Anyway, was that the extent of the BS, or is it still going?
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.