Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:34 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:25 pm I get that Salagir wanted to fill in a plot hole that Toriyama created, but having Freeza sit on Earth, knowing Goku was there, and did absolutely nothing, doesn't make it better. Especially now that even though he didn't want Kakarot being influenced by Raditz Nappa and Vegeta but still allows Kakarot to be with them, is also dumb. If anything, Freeza should have killed Raditz on the spot and then took Kakarot to be groomed into a bodyguard like Dodoria and Zarbon to piss off Vegeta.
A control freak like Freeza would get mad at anyone doing anything without checking with him first.

Since Toriyama never wrote anything about what Freeza was doing between Bardock and Namek saga, fanfic writers pretty much can say anything and it'll fit since he was clearly doing...something not involving Earth.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:52 pm

I'm 90% sure Frieza would have killed Kakarot on the spot because of his face.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:56 pm

Someone on the DBM forums made this theoretical powerlevel chart:

The greys appear to be guesses since they haven't been tested.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:14 pm

Kinda Cool. Feel like King Kold's Sixth Form should be in the SSJ2 tier though at the least. Damn shame that two extra transformations went barely anywhere, but hey, Son Bra fighting at base, gotta keep that PL low on him.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:39 pm

I think Zen Buu is probably higher too since he has everyone combined.

XXI's power seems to be in magic so while Buu may have immense and diverse powers, he may not actually be the best magician. Even Zen Buu can't warp between universes (yet).

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:32 am

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:35 pm If we have to have specials, then we have to have specials. But man give us something to care about. The batting averages are not strong in these specials, for whatever reason. And honestly by this point, I want stories away from these 18 universes. At this point there's nothing more that really needs to be said for these universes, no matter how many U13/Saiyan U3 specials they release.
I wanted to see another U7 special :( . Based on what Salagir was saying about the last few specials and wasn't sure what would be next, it seems that they were only coming out as they were being completed. Ouv, the artist of this special, was working on a double special but I think only had time to complete one of them. At some point, they might have to have a hiatus between main chapters or a compilation of incomplete specials if they don't have any ready.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:54 am

Skar wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:32 am
FoolsGil wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:35 pm If we have to have specials, then we have to have specials. But man give us something to care about. The batting averages are not strong in these specials, for whatever reason. And honestly by this point, I want stories away from these 18 universes. At this point there's nothing more that really needs to be said for these universes, no matter how many U13/Saiyan U3 specials they release.
I wanted to see another U7 special :( . Based on what Salagir was saying about the last few specials and wasn't sure what would be next, it seems that they were only coming out as they were being completed. Ouv, the artist of this special, was working on a double special but I think only had time to complete one of them. At some point, they might have to have a hiatus between main chapters or a compilation of incomplete specials if they don't have any ready.
Actually...Okay there is more of Gast I want to know. He's so cool. :D

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:03 am

Skar wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:32 am
They seem to love Gast. Guarantee we'll see more of his story.

Seeing him take on Cell and Buu would be amazing...though, really, at this point Piccolo should be trying to learn from Gast to move up a power level too.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:20 pm

Well, that's unexpected.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:30 pm

Unfortunately for Freeza,

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:33 pm

God this is so needlessly gory. Are they planning on reviving Kakarot with the DBs?

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:45 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:33 pm God this is so needlessly gory. Are they planning on reviving Kakarot with the DBs?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:11 pm

Brikikoz wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:45 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:33 pm God this is so needlessly gory. Are they planning on reviving Kakarot with the DBs?
I just knew someone would respond with this. :roll:

Reread what I said. "needlessly GORY."

Compare that manga panel to the MV page and tell me the difference.

AquaTeamV3

Post by AquaTeamV3 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:44 pm

The "U13 Kakarot is Immortal" theory grows on me more and more...

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:30 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:11 pm Compare that manga panel to the MV page and tell me the difference.
Only difference is there's some blood and cerebrospinal fluid. Gorier, but, not by a whole lot.

Also, credits to The Real Kakarotto for this meme:

Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:04 pm

Considering the universe we're in, I suppose Kakarot somehow got the seven dragonballs and asked for immortality...Even if Kakarot didn't kill and eat Bulma the moment he met her, I highly doubt she would have taught him how to use the radar, tell him the story of the dragonballs, and at 12 years old he thinks to himself "I will wish to live forever!" Instead of like a country made of meat or even unlimited power, or something.

And yet somehow this is better than the Saiyans getting to Namek and all of the Namekians believing that if Kakarot is made immortal, The saiyans will stop Freeza and they'll be spared. :crazy:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:04 pm

Well, that settles it.

The dude is indeed immortal. Certainly explains how he survived everything on Earth!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:26 pm

Bulma was stupid as hell.

...How did Kakarot get the dragonball from Master Roshi?
...How did Kakarot get the dragonball from Ox King's Castle?

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:34 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:00 pm
Brikikoz wrote:Kakarot wished for immortality on Namek.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~ :wtf:
Told you this back in 2017! Though it's leaning more towards the Earth DBs, he probably just spent years killing his way through Earth's inhabitants until he got them all.

Saligir was foreshadowing this in many subtle ways ever since the Kakarotto/Vegeta fight.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:37 pm

Brikikoz wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:34 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:00 pm
Brikikoz wrote:Kakarot wished for immortality on Namek.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~ :wtf:
Told you this back in 2017! Though it's leaning more towards the Earth DBs, he probably just spent years killing his way through Earth's inhabitants until he got them all.

Saligir was foreshadowing this in many subtle ways ever since the Kakarotto/Vegeta fight.
Guess I should give you that phone huh? :D