Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:47 am

It looked like Vegetto was struggling as well.

New page coming soon!!!
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:37 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:It's not a manga, but I just finished the first chapter or prologue of my Future Gohan fanfic.
The story is going to be from Goku's death to Future Gohan's death. So what happens between that time skip.
I'll probably make a few more chapters before releasing it.
I was actually commenting on the Multi-verse comic. :lol: However, I'll be sure to check out your fanfic as well.

So far, I've only got one complaint about this Multi-verse fan comic. A page a week only?! That's brutal Salagir2, brutal! If permission should be granted for me to make a request...; it'd be quite the treat if we were given the gift of 2 or 3 pages a week. *insert googly eyes.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:42 am

The new page is awesome. I like how stupid Vegeta is! lol
Snail wrote: I was actually commenting on the Multi-verse comic. :lol: However, I'll be sure to check out your fanfic as well.

So far, I've only got one complaint about this Multi-verse fan comic. A page a week only?! That's brutal Salagir2, brutal! If permission should be granted for me to make a request...; it'd be quite the treat if we were given the gift of 2 or 3 pages a week. *insert googly eyes.
Sorry, I forgot why I even mentioned it...
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:53 am

I didn't realy like how it pretty much just showed Namekians forfeiting when Goku showed a hint of hsi true power, but oh well.

Something that made me laugh was this bobble head Vegeta-esque Saiya-jin:

Again the spelling and grammer bugged me a bit, but it's till an amazing manga and one that I will continue to enjoy unitl the very end. Keep up the great work Salagir and Gogeta Jr!

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:44 am

You could say it's because they're smart but it still irritated me as well. I'm hoping we get some Nameccian fighters (outside the one big guy) who can truly go kicking some ass ^^
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:31 am

I only just saw this and just got all caught up. The art is amazing and it's a really fun concept.

It is a shame most of the Nameks dropped out though...the Saiyans are always taking the spotlight from everyone else. It would have been funny if one universe had a ridiculously strong human...oh wait, Universe 18 has Uub. Now I can't wait for his match.

Snail

Post by Snail » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:51 am

Yeah, I mean there may as well be say...an 'enlightened' and uber-powerful Tien perhaps? :lol:

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:31 am

If you guys are bugged about the spelling, Salagir did ask for help in that department, I would help myself, but since I'm not English as well, I thought that there are people more capable then me around here.

Normal Mar

Post by Normal Mar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:29 pm

I'm enjoying the comic so far. The artwork is nice.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:41 pm

The English was kinda stilted in the latest page.

"So, you met the Saiyans, loser version" would work better as "So, you met the pathetic version of the Saiyans".

"The closer group" should be "the closest group".

"Namek planet" should be either "Planet Namek" or "the Namekian planet".

And Piccolo's last line should be "Your Kakarotto wasn't sent to Earth when he was little, was he?"

Also,
Forgotten Hero wrote:It looked like Vegetto was struggling as well.
Forgotten Hero wrote:Vegetto was struggling
Forgotten Hero wrote:Vegetto...struggling
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:17 pm

DNA wrote:If you guys are bugged about the spelling, Salagir did ask for help in that department, I would help myself, but since I'm not English as well, I thought that there are people more capable then me around here.
I'll do a page by page grammer review of the comic as soon as I get a chance (probably by the end of Wednesday).

Kak

Post by Kak » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:43 pm

So is Piccolo not going to fight? He's coming as a viewer, but that doesn't mean something can't be worked in, right? :( Am I the only one who wants to see Piccolo kick some butt or at least put up a good fight against a strong opponent, like Cell or one of the alternate universe strong characters. Even Goku or Vegeta from the regular universe could work if he starts out in base form fighting Piccolo, and then move to SSJ1 where you can say Piccolo has trained so it's an even fight (it didn't seem like Piccolo was on an incomparably lower level than SSJ Vegeta in the Cell games tournament, and I can't remember if Piccolo used up his second day of ROSAT training, but even if he did he has shown the ability to increase his power level significantly through training like before the Artificial Humans arrived), and then he can turn SSJ2 where Piccolo is outmatched (although he could have a new special final move up his sleeve to try out, doing some damage but not enough to allow him to win) and is defeated.

Yeah I know, I'm just a ridiculous fan boy and I'm being a bit unreasonable. :P It looks like Piccolo is going to suck in this story, since Gohan tells him to HIDE BEHIND himself and SSJ1 Goku to withstand an explosion that knocks people back but doesn't appear especially lethal. :( Oh well, I probably shouldn't have gotten my hopes up in the first place. :P

Oh and by the way, the scenario where all the Namekseijin fuse into one ultra powerful being is one I have been thinking about since I was a kid and a favorite of mine, except of course in my scenario Piccolo absorbs them all. :D

Either way, this fan manga is awesome, great work to you and everyone else involved!

Normal Mar

Post by Normal Mar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:20 pm

I feel the same way, but I'm just glad that Piccolo is even in it at all.

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:00 am

I'm also happy to see a lot of nameccians and Pic even if they don't do a lot- cept of course for the fused guy. He -has- to kick some serious ass. Comeon. 60% of the other competitors are sayiajin related- the one nameccian guy needs to be completely awesome.

Though I'd still love seeing either our Pic or another Pic kick some ass as well. I'm all for Pic ^^
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:11 am

Velasa wrote:I'm also happy to see a lot of nameccians and Pic even if they don't do a lot- cept of course for the fused guy. He -has- to kick some serious ass. Comeon. 60% of the other competitors are sayiajin related- the one nameccian guy needs to be completely awesome.

Though I'd still love seeing either our Pic or another Pic kick some ass as well. I'm all for Pic ^^
Maybe our Piccolo will absorb Super-Ultra-Namek man and kick everyone's asses. >_>

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:42 pm

:lol: The other universe Vegeta is so goddamn cocky, it's gonna be hilarious when someone from our universe kicks his ass.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:04 pm

What about a universe where everyone wears the silly costumes as their normal outfits (Badman Vegeta, Postboy Piccolo, etc.)? :P

Wojak
Regular

Post by Wojak » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Rocketman wrote:What about a universe where everyone wears the silly costumes as their normal outfits (Badman Vegeta, Postboy Piccolo, etc.)? :P
A list:

1) Vegeta Badman
2) Postboy Piccolo
3) Pimpsuit Krillin (No discussion here, Pimpsuit Krillin is above Super Perfect Cell in power)
4) Gohan in his Saiyaman outfit (with the helmet)
5) Goku in his suit he had on in one of the movies when he was going to Gohan's parental meeting.
No more time for Daizex. Goodbye folks!

fogdark
Beyond Newbie

Post by fogdark » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:20 pm

The new page is awesome, loving Goten and Gohan.. :lol:
and Kakarotto's expression, priceless
This is really good, and the drawings are good, not Toriyama's good, but good nonetheless

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:16 pm

So far I'm really enjoying it. Poor grammar aside, I really like the concept and the art is very competent.

Wonder why there isn't a universe where the Namekseijin are the fighting race who can go Super Namekseijin, and the Saiyajins are the peaceful race who created Dragon Balls? :lol:

At least we'd have some badass Namekseijin (aside from that lone super warrior) in the tourney.