Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Bussani » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Kaboom wrote:What if crazy Kakarrot doesn't like winning the fight by forfeit, and tries to attack Pan again on her way out of the ring, requiring someone else to step in...?
I'd be okay with that.

Oh, also.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Why does Pan's Super Saiyan hair look so much like Goku's from behind though? Was it the same way with the other Universe's Pan?
More or less? Maybe a little different?

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-128.html
http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-130.html

I've always liked this design for a Super Saiyan Pan, personally. I think it makes more sense than just basically the Goku/Goten/Vegeta looking one given her normal hairstyle. Kind of similar to Future Trunks's, you know?

It kind of bugs me that the first comments on that picture are, "Pan can't go Super Saiyan," "But she has the potential to," "No the author said girls can't go Super Saiyan," "No he didn't," "That's right! He only said that he wouldn't know how to draw one."

Why do Dragon Ball rumors last for so long?
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Gokuman1993
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokuman1993 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Kaboom wrote:What if crazy Kakarrot doesn't like winning the fight by forfeit, and tries to attack Pan again on her way out of the ring, requiring someone else to step in...?
Yes! Goku vs. Kakarot will happen! XD XD

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Gokuman1993 wrote:
Or maybe Gohan will take all of his (un)abridged frustrations toward his father out... on his father's alternate self.

Ah, whatever. I'll probably be satisfied either way.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Gokuman1993 wrote:
What? And risk being disqualified? If he does try to attack Pan it will be Vegeta from his universe that steps in to stop him like he did during his match with Kat.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:I'm hoping there wasn't a little Saiyan in the little girls he was talking about before....

I'm surprised she still isn't a match for him. Maybe she is, and still isn't aware of the extent of her new power, but somehow I doubt it.
She just got her SSJ. Kakarotto might already have a mastered SSJ form.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Not a bad ending. It resolves Pan's earlier arc of not being so confident while essentially saying her path will continue further. Now...the next battle...
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:That was lame. She shouldn't have transformed period. :roll:

But of course she did :roll:
It was about giving her some growth in the battle, rather than just having a child be beaten senseless. Allowing her to lose with some dignity.

Transforming allowed her to regain her composure enough to forfeit, which is a different and clever way to end the battle, rather than a sudden power up allowing her to dominate him.
Why not just have her lose period? Why do we have to get the typical, formulaic story? It just ticks me off. She should've not been given the power up. It also handicaps the now weaker villains in which they'll become pointless.

Let's just have Goku and his family from our universe just all be powerful for no REASON!!! There wasn't much going behind the transformation.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Bussani wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Why does Pan's Super Saiyan hair look so much like Goku's from behind though? Was it the same way with the other Universe's Pan?
More or less? Maybe a little different?

*clip examples*

I've always liked this design for a Super Saiyan Pan, personally. I think it makes more sense than just basically the Goku/Goten/Vegeta looking one given her normal hairstyle. Kind of similar to Future Trunks's, you know?
Hmm, it did more or less have that same shape back then, I guess I just didn't notice it then for some reason. Though it looks like it's a little bushier overall rather than more straight up like this Pan's version...but that could just be due to being in the middle of battle, or just a fluke, or a lot of other things.

And yeah, I prefer that other style a lot more myself. But just about anything is better than doing the Goku/Goten SS hairstyle again for no reason.
rereboy wrote:She just got her SSJ. Kakarotto might already have a mastered SSJ form.
That's exactly what I've been thinking. Or even if he doesn't have it mastered, he's definitely at least had a lot more experience with the form. Pan would be more akin to Goku on Namek right now, rather than Goku when he came back and met Trunks and had control over the form.
Attitudefan wrote:Why not just have her lose period? Why do we have to get the typical, formulaic story? It just ticks me off. She should've not been given the power up. It also handicaps the now weaker villains in which they'll become pointless.

Let's just have Goku and his family from our universe just all be powerful for no REASON!!! There wasn't much going behind the transformation.
While I can get where you're coming from, I still prefer how it's went (even if it really was predictable and was kind of called a few pages back), rather than seeing Pan die again. That and again, as abused as the form already is, it's almost worse not to give it to Pan in my eyes.

But, I'm a Pan fan, so my thoughts are more skewed on this than others' are probably.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:27 pm

You know what I loved about this fight? There wasn't any cutaways to break up the action.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Attitudefan wrote:Why not just have her lose period?
That's not much of a character arc. "Girl sees stronger version of herself die; girl lacks confidence in herself; girl straight up loses."

I mean, yeah, shit happens sometimes, but I'd be disappointed if it had gone that way. Predictable or not, this Pan needed some sort of moral victory, or what was the point?
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Attitudefan wrote: Why not just have her lose period? Why do we have to get the typical, formulaic story? It just ticks me off. She should've not been given the power up. It also handicaps the now weaker villains in which they'll become pointless.

First off, the only villains in the comic that aren't irrelevant now are Cell, Zenboo, and XII or whoever. Bojack, Fat Boo, Freeza, King Cold... they're all irrelevant with people like Gohan, who doesn't even have to transform to swat them like flies, around. And there are two of him, plus a Vegetto, and an Ultra-Namekian. The weaker villains were already pointless, outside of a few interesting matchups, like Coola vs. Trunks and anyone from the human universe vs. whoever.

Second... no reason? I dunno, Goku and his family are pretty ridiculously powerful already in the actual story. There was plenty going behind the transformation, but the pace of the updates stretched it out to where you'd only think about it if you were reading it all in one go.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:47 pm

Why is Cell relevant but Bojack not?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Saiga wrote:Why is Cell relevant but Bojack not?
It's hinted that he is hiding immense power, and is fooling the protagonists by fighting at only his old max power to make them believe that he isn't much of threat.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:57 pm

Insertclevername wrote:
It's hinted that he is hiding immense power, and is fooling the protagonists by fighting at only his old max power to make them believe that he isn't much of threat.
No, he only hinted towards hiding the power he gained after his self-destruction. Not hiding anything that should make him relevant to people like Gohan or Vegetto...
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:30 am

CaBrPi wrote: First off, the only villains in the comic that aren't irrelevant now are Cell, Zenboo, and XII or whoever. Bojack, Fat Boo, Freeza, King Cold... they're all irrelevant with people like Gohan, who doesn't even have to transform to swat them like flies, around. And there are two of him, plus a Vegetto, and an Ultra-Namekian.
King Cold still has potential. He's smart enough to know when he's outmatched but still wants to win. He seems less arrogant than Coola and less emotional than Freeza.
I play baseball and work in LA.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:53 am

Gokuman1993 wrote:
Won't Kakarot next fight will be with Vegeta? I think Vegeta is likely to win since he can go SSj2 and it seems like no one in U13 has reach past SSj1.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:33 am

Saiga wrote:
Insertclevername wrote:
No, he only hinted towards hiding the power he gained after his self-destruction. Not hiding anything that should make him relevant to people like Gohan or Vegetto...
Vegetto himself stated that it would be impossible for Cell to spend almost 30 years without improving.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Gokuman1993 wrote:
Won't Kakarot next fight will be with Vegeta?
Yes.
I seem to recall Vegeta telling Pan to throw the fight, so he could fight Kakarotto in the next round.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Cell was able to create a Cell jr that is stronger then Super Perfect Cell in the Cell games. I would imagine that Cell could be stronger then he was nearly 30 years ago.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Storm101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm101 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Is Cell really the type to go after more power when he's already attained his Perfect form and conquered the universe? Maybe he gets his kicks by destroying planets and reviving them with the Dragon Balls on Namek to destroy them over and over, and gets a workout while he does it. xD