Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Wed May 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Sheesh; all that hype, and Gast can't even break Broly's armour. What a scrub.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed May 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Fionordequester wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Sheesh; all that hype, and Gast can't even break Broly's armour. What a scrub.
Nothing beats Broly hype! HIS HYPE IS MAXIMUN!
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed May 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Is that ghost LSSJ Broly supposed to be strong as the former who fought against SSJ2 Vegetto, right? So I don't think seeing Gast having problems with him make he's a weakling.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed May 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Broly's LSSJ "armor" in DBM is something that basically shrugs off attacks. Gast would either have to overwhelm Broly with power to surpass that "armor" or he would have to attack him with some sort of technique that bypassed that "armor". A regular punch won't do it.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed May 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Or punch where there is no armor.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed May 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Can't believe Gast broke his arm in three places by punching Broly.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed May 24, 2017 10:59 pm

Noah wrote:Is that ghost LSSJ Broly supposed to be strong as the former who fought against SSJ2 Vegetto, right? So I don't think seeing Gast having problems with him make he's a weakling.
FYI, I was joking when I said Gast was looking weak. It's just that armour isn't generally very durable in this series, so it was funny to see it not getting scuffed up in the slightest.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu May 25, 2017 5:36 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Or punch where there is no armor.
When I talked about armor I wasn't talking about his clothing. I was talking about his LSSJ power that in DBM acts like armor and shrugs off attacks. His LSSj power envelops him completely.
Gog wrote:Can't believe Gast broke his arm in three places by punching Broly.
I don't think he actually broke his arm, I think it just hurt.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu May 25, 2017 9:59 pm

rereboy wrote:When I talked about armor I wasn't talking about his clothing. I was talking about his LSSJ power that in DBM acts like armor and shrugs off attacks. His LSSj power envelops him completely.
Oh, so THAT'S why you were putting all those quotations when responding to me! I was WONDERING about that!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri May 26, 2017 8:35 am

Fionordequester wrote:
rereboy wrote:When I talked about armor I wasn't talking about his clothing. I was talking about his LSSJ power that in DBM acts like armor and shrugs off attacks. His LSSj power envelops him completely.
Oh, so THAT'S why you were putting all those quotations when responding to me! I was WONDERING about that!
Yeah, his clothing is irrelevant and DBM didn't established anything different about the clothing. However, DBM has established that the LSSJ form/state/power basically has "armor" properties that shrugs off attacks, unless the attack really overwhelms the power of the LSSJ (or unless a fighter somehow has a technique that bypasses it).

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:52 am

Man do I miss three days a week for the normal story. You would think with these 3 month special breaks they could manage to keep that schedule. Oh well.

Gast is disappointing me right now, Sunday he better get rid of Broly or Vegeta. I don't think he will lose this fight but damn man, show me something.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri May 26, 2017 11:41 am

Hmm...makes me wonder if Raichi's machine has a limit to how long these Ghost Fighters can remain active. Having SSJ3 Vegeta and LSSJ Broli has got to put some sort of strain on the machine given the power output from both ghosts.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri May 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Drellz26 wrote:Man do I miss three days a week for the normal story. You would think with these 3 month special breaks they could manage to keep that schedule. Oh well.

Gast is disappointing me right now, Sunday he better get rid of Broly or Vegeta. I don't think he will lose this fight but damn man, show me something.
You underestimate how long this takes. For example, Asura made a single picture with over 40 characters for DBM's booth in recent conventions (DBM's website will release that picture June, 2). That single picture apparently took 30 hours of Asura's time to make.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri May 26, 2017 3:11 pm

rereboy wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:Man do I miss three days a week for the normal story. You would think with these 3 month special breaks they could manage to keep that schedule. Oh well.

You underestimate how long this takes. For example, Asura made a single picture with over 40 characters for DBM's booth in recent conventions (DBM's website will release that picture June, 2). That single picture apparently took 30 hours of Asura's time to make.
The key words are 'Forty' and 'Characters' Of course it's going to take an obscene amount of time. A fraction of that would be applied to a page of 4 to five panels. And look at it like this (or not, whatever) This Special Started January 20th. Now I'm not trying to tell Asura how to use their drawing time, but 17 weeks off from the main story, surely taking it easy, a nice buffer that would allow 3 day a week for one chapter would have been possible. Then when we have to endure yet another special, more work on that there buffer. But that's just me.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri May 26, 2017 9:27 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
rereboy wrote:

The key words are 'Forty' and 'Characters' Of course it's going to take an obscene amount of time. A fraction of that would be applied to a page of 4 to five panels. And look at it like this (or not, whatever) This Special Started January 20th. Now I'm not trying to tell Asura how to use their drawing time, but 17 weeks off from the main story, surely taking it easy, a nice buffer that would allow 3 day a week for one chapter would have been possible. Then when we have to endure yet another special, more work on that there buffer. But that's just me.
Except this is done on his free time...

Do the math, how much free time does a person with a full job, friends and family have per day? Being optimistic, a few hours per day at most. So, at most, a few hours per day on DBM, if the person chooses to spend all of his free time on DBM, which obviously he won't nor should.

Being realistic, one hour of work in DBM equals more than a day in real time because it takes more than a day to have enough free time to spare for one hour of work on DBM.

And it takes 30 hours of that free time that he can spare to draw 40 characters in a picture. That's a month in real time.

Even if Asura made 2 Pages per week during those 17 weeks on average (which would be about 10 panels per week), he would only have made enough material for 1.5 chapters... and his average is probably lower than 2 pages a week.

Obviously, a normal panel and even a page wouldn't require 30 hours of work because it doesn't have 40 characters in it, but if you really can't grasp my point from that point of reference and after thinking about how little free time a normal person would have to spare per day, then I don't know what to tell you...

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat May 27, 2017 1:20 am

rereboy wrote:Except this is done on his free time...

Do the math, how much free time does a person with a full job, friends and family have per day? Being optimistic, a few hours per day at most. So, at most, a few hours per day on DBM, if the person chooses to spend all of his free time on DBM, which obviously he won't nor should.
I'd rather not do math, but okay

There's 2856 hours in 17 weeks. Could assume 952 hours is sleep if he's getting a standard eight every day during those 4 months. That's 1904 hours of free time that Asura could do, well whatever. Now I'm not an artist, but I assume a four to five page panel would take 8 hours, but let's say because I don't really know, 16 hours at most to make one page.

If Asura had absolutely no life, 1904 Hours of being awake and at 16 hours to create one page, well that's 119 pages and 4 chapters of DBM right there. But Asura has a life. So like I mentioned before, not trying to tell Asura how to do his thing, but with his life, 2856 hours of free time total, 1904 hours where he might be awake, there's 25 pages at least to make one dragonball multiverse chapter and at most 16 hours to make one page...how many hours would Asura need to create one chapter?

400 Hours. Out of 1904

One hell of a buffer, and as long as Asura would keep steady on that buffer, we can have 3 day a week updates easy. These 4 month specials could very well be a boon to everyone involved. All we need is good fanfic writers who won't make us rage, or will write things we actually want to know about, and we'd be in a golden age, but what do I know?
but if you really can't grasp my point from that point of reference and after thinking about how little free time a normal person would have to spare per day, then I don't know what to tell you...
Pretty much what I'm saying, look at it from my logic...or whatever, don't.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat May 27, 2017 5:49 am

FoolsGil wrote:
rereboy wrote:Except this is done on his free time...

I'd rather not do math, but okay

There's 2856 hours in 17 weeks. Could assume 952 hours is sleep if he's getting a standard eight every day during those 4 months. That's 1904 hours of free time that Asura could do, well whatever.
That's simply 1904 hours of being awake, not 1904 hours to do whatever he likes.

An average person in my country, gets up at 7:00 AM, gets ready, goes to work, has a lunch break and eats around his job, and then leaves work at 17:00 PM (8 hour job, 8:00 A.M - 12:00 A.M., and 13:00PM - 17:00PM), getting himself home at around 18:00 PM. At that point, that person has around 5 hours left to go to sleep (if he wants to sleep 8 hours), in which time that person also has to eat, spend time with family and/or friends, do chores and so on. Even assuming that 50% of that time will be effectively free time that that person gets to spend on himself, that's just 2,5 hours. However, even being optimistic, he would have 2 hours at most... but being realistic, since he won't spend all the time he has to himself daily just on DBM, it's probably just around 1 hour daily.

On the weekends, that person would have more free time, but, even assuming that he got to 16 hours to work on DBM every weekend (8 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday, like a full time job), that would translate to 272 hours in 17 weeks, plus, regarding week days (assuming 1 hour per week day), 85 hours in 17 weeks, which is a total of 357 hours in 17 weeks (just an average of 3 hours per day). And I'm pretty sure that's overly optimistic.
how many hours would Asura need to create one chapter?

400 Hours. Out of 1904
Not even dedicating 8 hours every Saturday and every Sunday, plus 1 hour per every week day for the full 17 weeks, would he be able to dedicate 400 hours to DBM, as I've showed above.

You are using the absolute time he spends awake as the point of reference, but that's erroneous because only a small part of the time he spends awake is effectively free time since he has to use his time first on a full time job, traffic, eating, family, friends, chores, and so on. If you just look at the time being awake as a point of reference, it looks like it's a ton of time, but once you realize just how much time being awake is not actually free time to himself you realize that's it's not a big amount of time at all.
FoolsGil wrote:
One hell of a buffer
One chapter that takes the same time to make as two special chapters take to be released is not a great buffer, especially at a release pace of 3 pages per week. But since not even by dedicating 8 hours every Saturday and every Sunday, plus 1 hour per every week day for the full 17 weeks, would he be able to dedicate 400 hours to DBM to create said chapter, the issue is actually much worse than that.
Last edited by rereboy on Sat May 27, 2017 7:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat May 27, 2017 6:40 am

Plus, we dont know if they have family/kids, even when you have free time, there can always be sudden doctor appointment, AVGN also said it in his newest video, he spent free time to make videos, but he have little daughter, and another kid is coming, and every parent should know how it is like to have kids.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat May 27, 2017 7:55 am

coola wrote:Plus, we dont know if they have family/kids, even when you have free time, there can always be sudden doctor appointment, AVGN also said it in his newest video, he spent free time to make videos, but he have little daughter, and another kid is coming, and every parent should know how it is like to have kids.
That's all well and understandable, and yet Asura had never missed an update these last few years unless you count the DBM specials as misses. I'm in the mindset When he's pumping out pages left and right for years at a time, he has mastered his time schedule to handle everything AND still make time for DBM. Oh it's his hobby? That hasn't stopped him being the chief artist. He might have kids? That hasn't stopped him being the chief artist. If he is pulling this off with his life, then at at 17 weeks off, there could be considered a reasonable time where if he could complete a buffer and there is no reason why he can't because once again, his life hasn't impacted a single update since he's took over for Gogeta Jr.

And if he completes that buffer, he'd have MORE time off.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat May 27, 2017 9:44 am

FoolsGil wrote:
coola wrote:Plus, we dont know if they have family/kids, even when you have free time, there can always be sudden doctor appointment, AVGN also said it in his newest video, he spent free time to make videos, but he have little daughter, and another kid is coming, and every parent should know how it is like to have kids.
That's all well and understandable, and yet Asura had never missed an update these last few years unless you count the DBM specials as misses. I'm in the mindset When he's pumping out pages left and right for years at a time, he has mastered his time schedule to handle everything AND still make time for DBM. Oh it's his hobby? That hasn't stopped him being the chief artist. He might have kids? That hasn't stopped him being the chief artist. If he is pulling this off with his life, then at at 17 weeks off, there could be considered a reasonable time where if he could complete a buffer and there is no reason why he can't because once again, his life hasn't impacted a single update since he's took over for Gogeta Jr.

And if he completes that buffer, he'd have MORE time off.
Updates haven't being affected because the release schedule has been reduced to 2 pages a week, and because we've had special chapters back to back. Without that, updates would have been affected. Their website, a while ago, even stated this in its news section: "We decided to keep the release rate of 2 pages per week, Wednesday and Sunday. Indeed, Salagir and Asura are overburdened, and there is no special chapter ready for after. In a few months we hope to be in a better situation, but this is necessary for the team to breathe."

He's the chief artist because of all the people willing to work on DBM, his work has the best quality. I'm sure there are other people out there that could make pages faster than him but their quality would be inferior.

Honestly, I don't think you are being reasonable at all in your arguments.