Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Gog » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:37 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Great so if Raichi wins this, he can't use Xerox Broly against Bra because of the poor planned rules of his stupid magitechnology. Can't even restrain him, though he can recreate him from pure hate.
What makes Raichi incapable of controlling Broly for long periods of time even worse is that it outright contradicts stated fact of Slagir:

To make it clear: the ghosts have the same power as the originals.
They are said to be stronger by Raichi on page 890, because they have none of their own inhibitions or mental weaknesses as before.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:51 pm

Gog wrote:What makes Raichi incapable of controlling Broly for long periods of time even worse is that it outright contradicts stated fact of Slagir:

They are said to be stronger by Raichi on page 890, because they have none of their own inhibitions or mental weaknesses as before.
Raichi DID make Broly calm before...only for him to get OHKOed by Prince Vegeta. So perhaps now Raichi's realized he needs to keep his inasnity in order to tap into LSSJ. In other words...

No maniacal rage = No Legendary Super Saiyan

At least, that's my theory.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:09 am

Fionordequester wrote: Raichi DID make Broly calm before...only for him to get OHKOed by Prince Vegeta. So perhaps now Raichi's realized he needs to keep his inasnity in order to tap into LSSJ. In other words...

No maniacal rage = No Legendary Super Saiyan

At least, that's my theory.
Did Raichi make him calm before hand? At best all I remember Broly doing was transforming into SSJ and getting oneshot by SSJ2 Vegeta. Also, it's never really implied, stated, shown or even mentioned that Legendary Super Saiyan requires maniacal rage, in fact Broly was always insane:

By the way... Gokû's crying didn't made Broly crazy. Broly was crazy from the beginning. He just focused the craziness and rage on the very annoying crying. I think he also escaped his device because Gokû is in traumatic memories, but also is the strongest warrior he ever seen.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:46 am

Gog wrote:Did Raichi make him calm before hand? At best all I remember Broly doing was transforming into SSJ and getting oneshot by SSJ2 Vegeta.
That's what the art would seem to suggest. Broly's irises and pupils aren't invisible in that battle like they are here; to me, that would imply that he doesn't lose it in his regular SSJ1 the way he does in LSSJ.
Gog wrote:Also, it's never really implied, stated, shown or even mentioned that Legendary Super Saiyan requires maniacal rage, in fact Broly was always insane:
It wouldn't be the first time something confusing like that's happened, though. It was also never really implied, stated, shown or even mentioned how Cell was able to cut Hirudegarn in half. Salagir had to explain it in the comments because he didn't do a good job of SHOWING it in the artwork...
Salagir22, on Page 1121 wrote:Hi all. The previous page wasn't understood by all, so here is what happened:
• Cell was exploded in many pieces.
• One of these pieces contained the kernel cell.
• He regenerated from this cell, but in normal size.
• Then, small and sharp with his speed and wings, he attacked Hildegan by surprise, who didn't have time to turn into smoke.
• Hildegan is killed, and Tapion inside him, didn't survive the shock.
Salagir sometimes forgets to explain crucial information, is what I'm saying.
Gog wrote:By the way... Gokû's crying didn't made Broly crazy. Broly was crazy from the beginning.
Yeah, but he's not normally crazy to the extent that he is in LSSJ. The guy can always at least talk when he's in one of his regular forms; just look here to see what I mean: http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en ... tml#h_read
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:37 am

Fionordequester wrote: That's what the art would seem to suggest. Broly's irises and pupils aren't invisible in that battle like they are here; to me, that would imply that he doesn't lose it in his regular SSJ1 the way he does in LSSJ.
Honestly, Broly from Raichi's last battle was taken out so quickly that I'm absolutely certain it contradicts nothing.( Broly here was taken out long before his mental health was reaching it's limits.) Expect maybe the fact that Raichi didn't summon him in his Legendary Super Saiyan form. Which, is just such an unnecessary risk for such a pragmatic fighter.
It wouldn't be the first time something confusing like that's happened, though. It was also never really implied, stated, shown or even mentioned how Cell was able to cut Hirudegarn in half. Salagir had to explain it in the comments because he didn't do a good job of SHOWING it in the artwork...
Salagir22, on Page 1121 wrote:Hi all. The previous page wasn't understood by all, so here is what happened:
• Cell was exploded in many pieces.
• One of these pieces contained the kernel cell.
• He regenerated from this cell, but in normal size.
• Then, small and sharp with his speed and wings, he attacked Hildegan by surprise, who didn't have time to turn into smoke.
• Hildegan is killed, and Tapion inside him, didn't survive the shock.
Salagir sometimes forgets to explain crucial information, is what I'm saying.
You have a point here, honestly I expect Slagir to drop a handy comment explaining what just happened here in regards to Broly.
Yeah, but he's not normally crazy to the extent that he is in LSSJ. The guy can always at least talk when he's in one of his regular forms; just look here to see what I mean: http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en ... tml#h_read
Broly in his Legendary Super Saiyan form is capable of talking as well beyond the odd grunt, and Kakarotto!!! Of course he still does lose most of his reason when he ascends to the Legendary Super Saiyan form.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:33 am

Gog wrote:
What makes Raichi incapable of controlling Broly for long periods of time even worse is that it outright contradicts stated fact of Slagir:

Broly is still controlled. If he wasn't controlled he would be attacking Ghost-Vegeta and Raichi. The problem is that his personality doesn't allow him to continue focusing on an apparently dead Gast with so many audience members right there. His mind can't just focus on a single objective and think about it rationally like sane characters are able to.

As for what Salagir said, that's in regards to having no fear and no hesitations in getting the job done. For example, Ghost-Pan not having any problems in being cut in half just so that they could harm Vegeta. Broly didn't have any of that to begin with.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:14 am

Should be a moot point either way. It's not Broly. It's just a xerox. His lack of mind should be easily tempered if Prince V is going to call anyone 'master,' anything should be possible for Raichi.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:25 am

FoolsGil wrote:Should be a moot point either way. It's not Broly. It's just a xerox. His lack of mind should be easily tempered if Prince V is going to call anyone 'master,' anything should be possible for Raichi.
Not really because ghost-Broly still has loyalty towards Raichi, which is why he didn't attack Raichi and ghost-Vegeta.

Ghost-Vegeta also has loyalty towards Raichi (which is why he calls him master) and he also keeps elements of his personality like ghost-Broly did.

The difference is that the elements of Broly's personality caused Broly to lose interest in an apparently dead Gast while the elements of ghost-Vegeta's personality are not as obvious (they are present in the way he talks, thinks, moves, and so on).

In short, ghost-Vegeta calling Raichi "master" just shows that Raichi imbues his ghosts with loyalty, and that loyalty is clearly present in ghost-Broly because he didn't even think of attacking Raichi and ghost-Vegeta.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:57 am

rereboy wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Should be a moot point either way. It's not Broly. It's just a xerox. His lack of mind should be easily tempered if Prince V is going to call anyone 'master,' anything should be possible for Raichi.
Not really because ghost-Broly still has loyalty towards Raichi, which is why he didn't attack Raichi and ghost-Vegeta.

Ghost-Vegeta also has loyalty towards Raichi (which is why he calls him master) and he also keeps elements of his personality like ghost-Broly did.

The difference is that the elements of Broly's personality caused Broly to lose interest in an apparently dead Gast while the elements of ghost-Vegeta's personality are not as obvious (they are present in the way he talks, thinks, moves, and so on).

In short, ghost-Vegeta calling Raichi "master" just shows that Raichi imbues his ghosts with loyalty, and that loyalty is clearly present in ghost-Broly because he didn't even think of attacking Raichi and ghost-Vegeta.
If Raichi can instill loyalty, Raichi could (or at least should) instill control. If not control, Raichi should have a instilled a level of restraint to prevent Broly outbursts if he can't outright dismiss him in fear of Gast

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:23 am

Gog wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I love how Raichi's being pragmatic here, he's not going to call back Broly not, not with a chance of Gast being alive and well.
That doesn't make a frickin' sense, Broly blasted Gast right? Even though he could regenarate you have Vegeta and Raichi himself to keep a eye on it, why they are wasting time? They can't see his body?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:27 am

FoolsGil wrote:
If Raichi can instill loyalty, Raichi could (or at least should) instill control. If not control, Raichi should have a instilled a level of restraint to prevent Broly outbursts if he can't outright dismiss him in fear of Gast
IMO, you are looking it at it with the wrong viewpoint.

Raichi doesn't control them like they were characters in a videogame and he has the joystick.

Raichi just put into them a set of directives that they follow, most importantly loyalty to him.

That means that, despite being loyal to Raichi and his wishes, they aren't mindless drones. The way they go about it, the way they fight, the particular decisions they make, the attacks they make, what they say, how they act, that's all still their own and coherent to their personality.

Ghost-Vegeta has that loyalty imprinted into him, but he isn't being controlled like a mindless drone. He is still Vegeta, only with the loyalty inserted into his brain. Broly is the same. He is clearly loyal to Raichi and he doesn't even think to attack him, but he still gets distracted by other things once he believes Raichi's enemy is dead because his mind is too chaotic and insane.
Noah wrote:
Gog wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I love how Raichi's being pragmatic here, he's not going to call back Broly not, not with a chance of Gast being alive and well.
That doesn't make a frickin' sense, Broly blasted Gast right? Even though he could regenarate you have Vegeta and Raichi himself to keep a eye on it, why they are wasting time? They can't see his body?
It's not enough to appear dead, the opponents only lose if they remain unconscious or are apparently dead for at least 30 seconds, or if they disappear entirely from sight for at least 30 seconds, or if they clearly give up, or if they receive outside help.

If an opponent appears to be dead, but before 30 seconds go by it turns out he/she is alive, the fight goes on.

This rule makes perfect sense since the hosts aren't all-knowing and they can't always distinguish when an opponent is actually really dead or just appears to be dead.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Wow, Gast looks really badass here, naked Gast, Velasa would love it :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Huh. Mad Regen. Or Clone.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:52 pm

"Dangalang, mother fucker! *punches his head off*"

Weekly Tube Show references aside, I'm glad Gast is still in this. I kinda want to see him fight Bra. Namek's finest vs the insanely high powerhouse of the Saiyan people (well, the one that's left of the two big ones).

Still has to end Raichi before his ghosts can act, though. Could go either way, especially with Broli about to attack the audience.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Huh. I bet he regrew from a foot or other limb while everyone kept their attentions on Broly, using that distraction to sneak up on Raichi. Whatever the case is, he better finish it quick.

On a side note, how often does one see a naked namekian?
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Oh shit! Raichi better come up with something to save himself or his necks about to get the Zod treatment.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:54 pm

Was it ever stated that Raichi's ghosts have limited ki or not, because I can see Vegeta dropping out of SSJ3 in the next page from ki consumption.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Rubens wrote:Huh. I bet he regrew from a foot or other limb while everyone kept their attentions on Broly, using that distraction to sneak up on Raichi. Whatever the case is, he better finish it quick.
That's impossible, a Namekian can only ever regrow from their head. If the head is destroyed then they're dead.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Gog wrote:
Rubens wrote:Huh. I bet he regrew from a foot or other limb while everyone kept their attentions on Broly, using that distraction to sneak up on Raichi. Whatever the case is, he better finish it quick.
That's impossible, a Namekian can only ever regrow from their head. If the head is destroyed then they're dead.
Maybe Gast isn't fully Namekian anymore. Perhaps he fused with someone or something else, or learned some magic that will allow him to reform like Buu.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:03 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Gog wrote:
Maybe Gast isn't fully Namekian anymore. Perhaps he fused with someone or something else, or learned some magic that will allow him to reform like Buu.
Gast has only fused with Namekians, and he can only fuse with Namekians. You know revealing a power as great as this without foreshadowing is lazy writing. It's best to just say Vegeta's blast didn't destroy Gast's head.