Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Trouser » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:01 pm

"That's our plan!"

Boo, you're passive!

Boo: :(
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:05 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:47 pm

viewtopic.php?t=32226

His daiz 7 Bio.
None of that says that base Vegetto is stronger than SSJ3 Goku. In the anime, sure, but not in the manga.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:11 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:05 am

viewtopic.php?t=32226

His daiz 7 Bio.
None of that says that base Vegetto is stronger than SSJ3 Goku. In the anime, sure, but not in the manga.
He has both Vegeta’s coolheaded battle strategies and Goku’s pure fighting sense, and there can be no doubt that his strength measures even greater than that of a [Super] Saiyan 3. He is capable of transforming from his normal state into a Super Saiyan form. 

It says it right there.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:42 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:11 am

viewtopic.php?t=32226

His daiz 7 Bio.
He has both Vegeta’s coolheaded battle strategies and Goku’s pure fighting sense, and there can be no doubt that his strength measures even greater than that of a [Super] Saiyan 3. He is capable of transforming from his normal state into a Super Saiyan form. 

It says it right there.
That doesn't say he has that power in his *base* form. You're extrapolating something that isn't there.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:48 am

Fusions are treated as ridiculously overpowered in the Buu saga. So much so that Goku and Vegeta consider fusions to be unfair to use against a normal opponent. ...At least until Broly comes around, and then they're fine with it for some reason. I don't doubt at all that base Vegito is stronger than SS3 Goku.

As I see it: Base Vegito > Super Buu (Gohan absorbed) > Ultimate Gohan > Super Saiyan 3 Goku > Fat Buu

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:09 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:48 am Fusions are treated as ridiculously overpowered in the Buu saga. So much so that Goku and Vegeta consider fusions to be unfair to use against a normal opponent. ...At least until Broly comes around, and then they're fine with it for some reason. I don't doubt at all that base Vegito is stronger than SS3 Goku.

As I see it: Base Vegito > Super Buu (Gohan absorbed) > Ultimate Gohan > Super Saiyan 3 Goku > Fat Buu
Sure he could be, but there's no confirmation of that, which is what I was saying earlier. One's personal rules for power scaling don't have to apply to someone else.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:08 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:51 pm What even happened? I'm confused.
Buu got sent to his universe via Deus ex Machina. Literally. the term may have been thrown around here a couple times, but this is literally the plot stopping Buu because he needed to be stopped.

Which, I'm not necessarily against, IF the Vargas was shown stopping Buu's machinations before at the beginning of the tournament. There's no explanation, after all the bs that we've seen, that can make it be like "HO HO HO Bird Waifu had it in the bag the entire time!"

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:48 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:42 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:11 am

It says it right there.
That doesn't say he has that power in his *base* form. You're extrapolating something that isn't there.
It days he has power greater than a SS3 then it says he can transform. The statement reads like it talking about his base power. Even if you want to argue it's not his base form there is plenty of evidence to argue it is talking about his base from.

Plus the seg says his power is like Goku x Vegeta.

Without brining power levels into this and just using 50x for SS I don't see how it's possible base Vegito is weaker than SS3 Goku even in the manga.

Sorry for derailing the thread I'll leave this as my last post.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:30 am

So basically:

"Namekian, fix my machine! It's broken! It cannot be used for anything! ...Sike! It's perfectly fine."

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:28 pm

Once again, this should have been set up a long time ago. And I don't know, there's been like at most an hour between the last two rampages, wouldn't Buu have been inclined to have a piece somewhere to spy on the Vargas and their new plan? Literal God in the Machine shenanigans, especially in the last panel.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:14 pm

So unless Buu pops right back, I guess the leaks from that one user are true.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:38 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:28 pm
Once again, this should have been set up a long time ago. And I don't know, there's been like at most an hour between the last two rampages, wouldn't Buu have been inclined to have a piece somewhere to spy on the Vargas and their new plan? Literal God in the Machine shenanigans, especially in the last panel.
If Buu comes back at some point (especially without help, but even with) I think this is okay. If he is actually gone for good...not so much.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:33 am

Man, this manga is the definition of anti-climax.

First Bra's rampage ends with talk no jutsu.

Now Buu's rampage is stopped by a literal plot device.

Care to guess how Vegetto's will end?

We're so close to the end. Hopefully the pace picks up. After this arc we're probably getting a special, but after that we only have Vegetto's rampage to go trough and we get to the endgame. Ideally.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:15 pm

Draconic wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:33 am Man, this manga is the definition of anti-climax.

First Bra's rampage ends with talk no jutsu.

Now Buu's rampage is stopped by a literal plot device.

Care to guess how Vegetto's will end?

We're so close to the end. Hopefully the pace picks up. After this arc we're probably getting a special, but after that we only have Vegetto's rampage to go trough and we get to the endgame. Ideally.
This manga got worse and worse as the years mounted, it's impressive how bad it is compared to the fun it was in it's early days, even with the not so great art and cliche writing, but at least it did what people wanted right, fanservice.

Now it's just a pile of stupid reasoning and deus Ex Machina and the author propping up his favorite OC girl to be the savior, and a complete disregard to what makes dragon ball fun.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:42 pm

I still really like this manga. The only major misstep it's done to me was the ending of the Majin Bra fight, and how long that whole saga went on for.

Then of course some special chapters suck and it sucks when we're inundated with them. But for a completely free project, it can't be helped.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:20 pm

RIght, and they should listen to corrupted Supreme Kai because...?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:26 am

Vegito is going to kill the kais I bet.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:57 am

Hey Fatso, didn't South Kai stripped you of title for working with Buu?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:19 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:42 pm I still really like this manga. The only major misstep it's done to me was the ending of the Majin Bra fight, and how long that whole saga went on for.
For myself, nothing had enraged me to an almost breaking point like the Future Majin Attack, even the Majin Bra fight, so I'm still reading. For all of its faults, it's still the only fan series that regularly updates, so we keep on keeping on.

(but if we get another story as bad as Future Majin Attack, it's over. God I hated that special.)
Then of course some special chapters suck and it sucks when we're inundated with them. But for a completely free project, it can't be helped.
Years ago I would have agreed with you. but I've been working with content creators for a the last 4 years, and I can say with or without money, not much would change. It still comes down to time and effort. Money helps pay the bills, but you still need the passion, just about the same amount of passion to work on a free project, to keep going. and Asura would probably still get time off. maybe not after every chapter, but we'd still get specials

At best, maybe Saligir could hire a writer to look at his planned specials and point out, what works and what doesn't. Maybe even get some big name artist who could do a special now that they are getting paid for it. But nothing would change on Specials, just because suddenly DBM was allowed to get a Patreon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:25 pm

Meh, nothing really interesting happens... I doubt this will be the last of Boo, but I'm glad the damn tournament can go on.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?