Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri May 02, 2014 4:03 am

It wouldn't have been funny if Uub was visibly in pain, but the fact that his reaction is one of "Oh, are you SERIOUS?", I find it pretty amusing.

After all, it's merely a flesh wound.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri May 02, 2014 9:06 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:It wouldn't have been funny if Uub was visibly in pain, but the fact that his reaction is one of "Oh, are you SERIOUS?", I find it pretty amusing.

Yup, that's what makes it funny for me as well. After all, the characters take punishment, of a force which would make a simple human kick the bucket in a flash, like it is nothing. Although it is inconsistent at times.
As an example, if Recoome's kick broke all the bones in Kuririn's body, in real life, he would die in mere minutes from internal bleeding as the sharp fragments of the bones would puncture his internal organs and vessels, yet he manages to speak!

So Uub losing an arm? Funny, because of his reaction. 18 breaking Vegeta's arm? Kind of tragic, yes, but is it a bit funny? Could be if you find Vegeta deserving of that. Cell stabbing Piccolo in the arm to suck out his ki juices? Kinda funny because of the face Piccolo makes.
Are my interpretations true to everyone? No, since humor is individual.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:20 am

Godo wrote:
Kingdom Heartless wrote:It wouldn't have been funny if Uub was visibly in pain, but the fact that his reaction is one of "Oh, are you SERIOUS?", I find it pretty amusing.

Yup, that's what makes it funny for me as well. After all, the characters take punishment, of a force which would make a simple human kick the bucket in a flash, like it is nothing. Although it is inconsistent at times.
As an example, if Recoome's kick broke all the bones in Kuririn's body, in real life, he would die in mere minutes from internal bleeding as the sharp fragments of the bones would puncture his internal organs and vessels, yet he manages to speak!

So Uub losing an arm? Funny, because of his reaction. 18 breaking Vegeta's arm? Kind of tragic, yes, but is it a bit funny? Could be if you find Vegeta deserving of that. Cell stabbing Piccolo in the arm to suck out his ki juices? Kinda funny because of the face Piccolo makes.
Are my interpretations true to everyone? No, since humor is individual.
Violence can be cruelly funny, even in real life. I once saw a kid fall off a trampoline, and at that time I knew I shouldn't laugh but it looked so damn funny. The kid was fine, thankfully.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri May 02, 2014 2:05 pm

And i thought Other World Tournament arc was full of bullshit :roll: I don`t like this humor at all, and Eleim really should be disqualified. on 5th panel, is that suppose to be Black Knight from Monty Python Holy Grail?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:14 pm

Yep, definitely the Black Knight.

If he doesn't get disqualified next round, I'm calling BS. He just killed like four people. Also, this fight is awful.

Also: "cut the crap". Was the pun intentional?
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Fri May 02, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:14 pm

The armor thing is kinda funny, although I'm not sure why Bra is trying to rip her clothes off.

Black Knight cameo is nice.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri May 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:The armor thing is kinda funny, although I'm not sure why Bra is trying to rip her clothes off.
Because they're weighted.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:33 pm

Insertclevername wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:The armor thing is kinda funny, although I'm not sure why Bra is trying to rip her clothes off.
Because they're weighted.
And that would explain it. I must have missed that :P
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:33 pm

Wow I make the reference and then they literally put the Black Knight into the next page.

Also what the hell is with the last panel. They should be serious as PEOPLE ARE DYING. I guess U16 Goten and Piccolo just don't give a shit. This isn't funny. This is not dragon ball humour at all.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Fri May 02, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri May 02, 2014 3:34 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Also what the hell is with the last panel.
Bad writing.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:39 pm

I'd be fearing for my life if I were them.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Wait a minute :o ...I think I know how Vegetto might turn evil (if indeed he does at all)! What if Bra actually does get killed by Eleim's attack? Considering how angry Vegetto has been getting lately over various things, THAT certainly might be something that'll push him over the edge! He kills Eleim in a fit of rage, the judges do something to make it so that he may not be able to revive Bra, then he goes on a rampage, and possibly even gets Majin Buu to revive Bra in exchange for something (since she's still alive when we see glimpses of the future), etc, etc...

What do you guys think?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:02 pm

Bra was alive (and calling her dad a dick head for missing her match) when Vegetto exited the dimension.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 02, 2014 5:02 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Bra was alive (and calling her dad a dick head for missing her match) when Vegetto exited the dimension.
...Ah. Ok then.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Yeah, even I can admit the line has been crossed, Eleim's cutting is no longer funny.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri May 02, 2014 8:32 pm

I know this joke was taken too far but I laughed anyway. Does this make me a bad person?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Scarz wrote:I know this joke was taken too far but I laughed anyway. Does this make me a bad person?
...It might mean that your not as empathetic towards specific kinds of suffering as you should be...but hey, I do the same thing occasionally as well, so I wouldn't beat yourself up about it too much.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri May 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Can't Bra just, I don't know, take off her top like a normal person instead of trying to rip if off?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 02, 2014 11:25 pm

But Bra's barely dodging the instant death beams as it is. You wanna try taking off a shirt instead of ripping it when someone is firing the equivalent of nuclear missiles at you?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri May 02, 2014 11:28 pm

Then burn it off with ki.

It really can't be too hard to remove, Freeza was able to bust his armour off laughably easy. Being stretchy doesn't make it invincible.

Of course Bra should simply have the strength to tear it despite being stretchy but whatever.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!