Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:06 am

TonyTheTiger wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:I didn't want to join in yet as I haven't caught up on the manga yet, but I must say, this is ridiculous. I think you are taking this fanmanga much too seriously. I fail to see how it presents itself as something that tries to be canon. It may fall in line with the original manga, but that doesn't mean we have to judge it as if it makes just as much or more sense as the original manga. I encourage you to just treat it as a fanmanga and nothing much more. It doesn't have to be complex if all that occurs are arguments.
I'm curious why this only happens when there's criticism. I've praised DBM on multiple occasions and nobody ever says to ease up because it's just a fan manga. HM...
Thee is a bit of a double standard. If you like and enjoy Multiverse more than the official stuff, no one minds and may agree with you. The moment you compared it unfavorably to official stuff, the response changes to, 'you can't compare a fan comic to the official releases'.

Doesn't work that way, if one can say something is better than the official releases, it is just as fair criticize for not being as good as the official releases. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can be overly critical, which is a problem with anything related with Dragon Ball these days, but if the criticism is fair, I see nothing wrong with it.

People don't like that Bra can make a solid After Image that release goo that can hold down an opponent. It feels contrived since no such technique exists in Dragon Ball, in canon or even filler. The closest thing I can think of is the Shadow Dragon who can regeneration from goo and the good can hurt people who make contact with it. Now, maybe this will be explained in the next couple of pages and all this will be render moot. But this twist feels really force.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:19 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:20 pm

Oh, yes. It looks like Cold is finally done. I sure hope so. :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:48 pm

Bra has been hanging out with Maka I see.

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Can they finish this match already? Damn, it's getting embarrassing to keep up with
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Frieza's race can still fight even if they're chopped in half or more. Bra has to go Future Trunks on him now... Finish him! :twisted:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:14 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Frieza's race can still fight even if they're chopped in half or more. Bra has to go Future Trunks on him now... Finish him! :twisted:
Please do!

I have to say, though; that art is amazing.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Well, Bardock was wrong. Confirmed.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:35 pm

Regarder wrote:Well, Bardock was wrong. Confirmed.
Not necessarily. We know going 3rd form to 4th form restored Frieza's tail so maybe going back leaves cold in the shape Bardock saw.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:25 am

It's finallly over, I guess. She still could've cut Cold like that with a "regular" ki shaped sword, that moon crescent seems a little too much though - most likely a trivia of sorts. Yet... I'm still waiting on the explanation about her goey afterimage technique; usually new/odd techniques are explained right away when they're introduced, but no, have a new chapter tomorrow instead.

And a slower paced release schedule, but that I understand. Fantastic artwork as usual.
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Regarder wrote:Well, Bardock was wrong. Confirmed.
Not necessarily. We know going 3rd form to 4th form restored Frieza's tail so maybe going back leaves cold in the shape Bardock saw.
Agree, they can do like in RoF and put the pieces back together on the healing tank.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:12 am

Damn, that page is gorgeous. Asura really is a master of drawing speed lines. Just by looking at the page, you can feel the force of that attack.

Also, jeez people. We'll get an explanation for the damn goo move in time. Personally, I'm not thrilled with its use in the fight so far either, but I'll save my final judgement until I've seen Saligir's full hand.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:25 am

Well, we got what we got. Time to sit back, relax and get even more Bra in the next chapter...yay. What we've always...want...ed.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:39 am

FoolsGil wrote:Well, we got what we got. Time to sit back, relax and get even more Bra in the next chapter...yay. What we've always...want...ed.
*coughs*

I personally believe the schedule would be much better if they had it something like so:
- Main story chapter (x2 or x3)
- Special chapter
- Special chapter
Instead of one main chapter and one special chapter all the time. I wish Mr. Salagir was still on here, so I could ask him.
MyAnimeList | AniList

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:11 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Well, we got what we got. Time to sit back, relax and get even more Bra in the next chapter...yay. What we've always...want...ed.
*coughs*

I personally believe the schedule would be much better if they had it something like so:
- Special chapter
- Special chapter
Instead of one main chapter and one special chapter all the time. I wish Mr. Salagir was still on here, so I could ask him.
They simply can't release the main chapters any faster. This next special chapter will even be released at just two pages per week precisely to gain even more time than they usually try to gain with the specials.

As it says on the website:

"We all have a lot of work these days, so this chapter will be released at a pace of two pages per week (Wednesday and Sunday).
We'll do our best to add updates on Friday when possible (minicomic or bonus cover!)
We're counting on you to be nice with the authors and the team, who do their best and continue working in the background all the time.
Enjoy your reading! "

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:32 pm

So Bra is boring, let's talk about the better plot-lines still ongoing.

How many people does Babidi have under his thrall?
Did he successfully get Cell?

How many ghost people does Raichi have access to?

Is there anyone Buu enhanced who hasn't fought yet?

Do you think that weird baby will ever be born?

What's going on with the dai kaio and Buu when he was able to re-imprison him on his own, Buu screamed and Dai Kaio said "what an actor"... ?

Who is Ginyu?

Will Bardocks visions still come true?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:03 pm

Well, looks like I'll probably avoid this comic til November. I'm not interested in another Bra special. It's even more annoying now that they have left the fight on a cliffhanger. Well hopefully by then we'll be on a new chapter.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:06 am

Fact, that in novel Vegetto thereat to hurt Pan, if Gohan won't spare with him, make me really hate Vegetto, and i hope Dragon Balls will defuse him, he really is dangerous
Last edited by coola on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:09 am

coola wrote:Fact, that in novel Vegetto thereat to hurt Pan, if Gohan won't sparwe with him,
wat

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:39 am

I dig insane Vegetto. Mixing two battle junkies one of whom is a total idiot and other a temperamental asshole is okay for saving the world but a total disaster long term. It's especially bad because its Boo Saga Goku who's bored as hell in the afterlife creating one of Vegetto's foundations, creating an even bigger desire for a good opponent he can't ever find.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:49 am

Sorry, i mixed it with our Vegeta, he was the one who threat to hurt Pan http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en ... tml#h_read
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek: