Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: MA

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by OhHiRenan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:24 pm

This has gotten a bit hard to follow for me.

I also can't say I'm super digging the brutality. I don't consider myself a prude, but jeez, these past few pages have been viscous.
Stay up to date with new episodes of Dragon Ball - Adaptation Analysis.

https://www.goombastomp.com/author/renan-fontes/

Updates every Monday!

User avatar
Regarder
Regular
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Regarder » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:36 pm

I wonder how often Ginyu has done this "Ring a Ring o' Roses" move where he ends up back in his original body.

"A-tishoo! A-tishoo! We all fall down!"

User avatar
TobyS
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TobyS » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:26 am

This is so dumb, he never visibly got a chance to change, kaio should a seen him doing it AND he should still be able to speed blitz the Freeza soldier.

Really dumb.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Rubens » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:29 am

This stuff with Ginyu is getting ridiculous, I think he's given way too much credit for his abilities... not to mention this fight between him and the kaioshin got uninsteresting, so I hope this part is over for now.
I'm back after a long while!

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10227
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 pm

At least the art here is fantastic. The Ginyu-West Kaioshin creepy smile gave me shivers.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

User avatar
TobyS
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TobyS » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Babidi´s side

1-Cell
2-Majin Buu
3-King Cold/Ginyu
4-Base injured Kakarotto (SSJ2) (immortal?)
5-Bardock (likely SSJ2)
?-Dabura (out of combat/dead)
6-Nappa (one legged probably about to die)
7-Babidi
8-Recoome
9-Butter
10-Kiwi
11+ Bunch of Freezer´s soldiers/majinised audience

Non possessed.

1-Gohan
2-Gohan (ones about to be trapped)
3-Piccolo
4-Piccolo U16
5-Yamcha
6-Tenshinhan
7-Kuririn
?-Videl U9 (out of combat)
8.-Base Goten (crippled)
9-Dai Kaioshin (why is he doing fuck all?)
?-Raditz (can't move for 20 hours)
10-Videl U18
11-Videl U16
?-Bra U18 (out of combat, wounded hostage)
12+-Bunch of warrior nameks and non evil audience

Bra U16?
Mary Sue?
Ikll?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
Marco Polo
I Live Here
Posts: 2885
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: France

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:30 pm

Image

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Regular
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:57 am

I know, I know. Artistic license and such. But is Perfect Cell still able to absorb people? I figured the reason his tail shrunk like that was because it became vestigial; no longer necessary, given his "perfect" form.

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:20 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:I know, I know. Artistic license and such. But is Perfect Cell still able to absorb people? I figured the reason his tail shrunk like that was because it became vestigial; no longer necessary, given his "perfect" form.
He could in GT, and this wouldn't be the first thing from GT Salagir took inspiration from.

User avatar
Marco Polo
I Live Here
Posts: 2885
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: France

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:28 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:I know, I know. Artistic license and such. But is Perfect Cell still able to absorb people? I figured the reason his tail shrunk like that was because it became vestigial; no longer necessary, given his "perfect" form.
He probably realized there's no such thing as perfect and he can still train and improve himself... and absorb people.

User avatar
Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Rubens » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:34 am

The thing is, it was already weird back in GT and I find it odd that Salagir keeps reusing that idea, despite his apparent distaste for that series. He already had Cell using the tail (in a very strange manner I might add) to hold Piccolo and Videl hostage back when the uprising began, yet he uses it once again...

Cell is perfect, he doesn't need it :wink:
I'm back after a long while!

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:56 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:I know, I know. Artistic license and such. But is Perfect Cell still able to absorb people? I figured the reason his tail shrunk like that was because it became vestigial; no longer necessary, given his "perfect" form.
Well as someone has already pointed out, the author is something of a hypocrite and is more then happy to use ideas from a series he "apparently" despises. It's all made even more funny when they go to the trouble of creating whole panels claiming "we came up with it on our own" :roll:.
Moro the Planet-Eater

User avatar
supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:10 am

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:00 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:I know, I know. Artistic license and such. But is Perfect Cell still able to absorb people? I figured the reason his tail shrunk like that was because it became vestigial; no longer necessary, given his "perfect" form.
Well as someone has already pointed out, the author is something of a hypocrite and is more then happy to use ideas from a series he "apparently" despises. It's all made even more funny when they go to the trouble of creating whole panels claiming "we came up with it on our own" :roll:.
I don't see that at all. It's his manga, he is free to take inspiration from whatever he likes. It's just utterly stupid to say that because Cell has a tail in this panel that "wow he said he hates GT but look at him use their idea what a hypocrite". For all we know, he always imagined Cell still using his tail in his perfect form and even if that isn't the case it isn't criminal to use ideas established in a previous series just because he publicly stated his dislike for anything past Z. You can still dislike the general body of work but be OK with a few details or ideas established in that work.

I don't mind the "gore" (it's barely gore) and I love how Captain Ginyu is given a lot more credit here and shown as a ruthless warrior willing to do anything to win. People in here are just bitching for the sake of bitching. It's a fan manga, it delivers fan service on a massive scale, and it's meant to be enjoyed as such. Personally I think it's less fan fictiony than Super but whatever.

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:17 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:I know, I know. Artistic license and such. But is Perfect Cell still able to absorb people? I figured the reason his tail shrunk like that was because it became vestigial; no longer necessary, given his "perfect" form.
Well as someone has already pointed out, the author is something of a hypocrite and is more then happy to use ideas from a series he "apparently" despises. It's all made even more funny when they go to the trouble of creating whole panels claiming "we came up with it on our own" :roll:.
I don't see that at all. It's his manga, he is free to take inspiration from whatever he likes. It's just utterly stupid to say that because Cell has a tail in this panel that "wow he said he hates GT but look at him use their idea what a hypocrite". For all we know, he always imagined Cell still using his tail in his perfect form and even if that isn't the case it isn't criminal to use ideas established in a previous series just because he publicly stated his dislike for anything past Z. You can still dislike the general body of work but be OK with a few details or ideas established in that work.

I don't mind the "gore" (it's barely gore) and I love how Captain Ginyu is given a lot more credit here and shown as a ruthless warrior willing to do anything to win. People in here are just bitching for the sake of bitching. It's a fan manga, it delivers fan service on a massive scale, and it's meant to be enjoyed as such. Personally I think it's less fan fictiony than Super but whatever.
A) Fan manga is not a free pass on critisisam. You post it somewere were everyone can see it, everyone has the write to place it under crictic.

B) The hypacrite hole is one the auther dug himself. He's the one who again, posted his dislike of GT were everyone can see it, so when things that are pretty key to GT start popping up in his story he's only got himself to blame. Especially when you go around claiming you came up with them on your own rather then just saying "I liked that idea". Edit: Also unless you or he as documented evidence that he thought that back befor GT aired, the whole "maybe he always imagined it" argument is vertually impossible to prove give that people can, you know, lie.

C) I'm gonna point out that your the only one who mantioned Super at all.
Moro the Planet-Eater

User avatar
TobyS
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TobyS » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:03 pm

God people are fucking whiners. Saying you hate something and then using some ideas from it is not hypocrisy.

Just because you hate something doesn't mean you hate EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT IT.

Also you can see the tip of cells tail on perfect form and he never says he CAN'T use it. It's totally plausible they thought of it on their own.

Same with golden oozaru. The moment SS debuted people wondered “I wonder what would happen if they never lost their tail went super and then happened to see a full moon” it's a really basic fucking concept.

No one is obligated to read DBM so if you don't like it just stop reading it
If you mostly like it but don't like some aspects email the author and convince him. Why be a buzz kill for everyone else?

Imagine you go to your fave restaurant once a month. Every time some asshole loudly shouts about how he hates the food there, interrupting your conversation

How long before you told them “mate go eat somewhere else or at least keep it to yourself yeah”

If you paid for DBM on patreon AND they promised something different to what was happening maybe it'd make sense.

Even moaning about Super makes slightly more sense as it tarnishes the main canon if it fucks up. But this is an entirely optional side thing.

Find something else to fill the void in your souls other then hating and complaining.

Edit: you can criticize from a place of love but that's not what most complainers are doing.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:46 pm

TobyS wrote:God people are fucking whiners. Saying you hate something and then using some ideas from it is not hypocrisy.

Just because you hate something doesn't mean you hate EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT IT.

Also you can see the tip of cells tail on perfect form and he never says he CAN'T use it. It's totally plausible they thought of it on their own.

Same with golden oozaru. The moment SS debuted people wondered “I wonder what would happen if they never lost their tail went super and then happened to see a full moon” it's a really basic fucking concept.

No one is obligated to read DBM so if you don't like it just stop reading it
If you mostly like it but don't like some aspects email the author and convince him. Why be a buzz kill for everyone else?

Imagine you go to your fave restaurant once a month. Every time some asshole loudly shouts about how he hates the food there, interrupting your conversation

How long before you told them “mate go eat somewhere else or at least keep it to yourself yeah”

If you paid for DBM on patreon AND they promised something different to what was happening maybe it'd make sense.

Even moaning about Super makes slightly more sense as it tarnishes the main canon if it fucks up. But this is an entirely optional side thing.

Find something else to fill the void in your souls other then hating and complaining.

Edit: you can criticize from a place of love but that's not what most complainers are doing.
2/3's of this rebuttal pretty much can be summed up as "Leave Multiverse Alone! Just Leave It Alone, I'm Serous" because it holds litterly no legitimite reason for people to no cretic the series.

As for the hypocracy, again it's the bed the creator made himself. It's not about him including stuff from GT, it about the fact that he use's statments like "we came up with it on our own" to try and justify them. Golden Oozaro he at least had a leg to stand on with it's origin being in filler but this is pretty synonimus with GT and it could be completely forgiveable if he just stated I liked the idea. But if you are going to use stuff from GT, don't make one of the primary things your story is founded on be a hatred of GT.
Moro the Planet-Eater

User avatar
The Jackal
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by The Jackal » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:15 pm

This forum has an ignore functionality, right? My suggestion would be to use it if you can't handle someone's opinion and scrolling down past their post is too much for you.

User avatar
coola
I Live Here
Posts: 2743
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Poland

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by coola » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:56 pm

Image
Was that supposed to be jab at Super? :) Still, i quite like how Ultra Perfect Cell looks :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 3976
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:55 pm

imho, I feel people are getting irked over the wrong thing about Cell.

First, without their suits, Heliotes are likely just as strong as a normal human so let's be honest, there is absolutely nothing positive Cell is getting from this. Second, Cell's absorption isn't instant like Buu's, and in that warzone, it only takes a fraction of a fraction of a second to be atomized by someone stronger than you.

So, Cell is only doing this to be cruel, and he's also doing this to be stupid. Not the smartest decision or an efficient use of time for a perfect being.
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2182
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:03 pm

FoolsGil wrote:So, Cell is only doing this to be cruel, and he's also doing this to be stupid. Not the smartest decision or an efficient use of time for a perfect being.
Which...is exactly how he is in the actual canon. Otherwise, SSJ2 Gohan would've never happened.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Post Reply