Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:57 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:37 am
jcogginsa wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:56 pm
goku the krump dancer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:02 am Eh, maybe I missed the joke, I just hope we get at least a solid two months worth of main content before we jump to yet another USELESS side chapter.
Side chapters aren't useless. This isn't a situation where we get side chapters instead of man chapters. If we didn't get side chapters, we'd just get nothing during that timeframe
From a narrative stand point the Side Chapters have been extremely pointless, out of the bunch their might've been one or two with some merit to them. I understand they're there for padding because these guys (Asura and Salagir) have other things going on so they need a break from time to time but its just that they havent been able to tell a complete story within the tournament in about 3 years yet we've been bombarded with special after special that have added nothing to the overall story being told, let alone any significant back story to the altered characters.
The Special Chapters have done zero to delay the progression of the tournament. Again, if we didn't get them, there would be nothing in their place

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:06 am

jcogginsa wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:57 am
From a narrative stand point the Side Chapters have been extremely pointless, out of the bunch their might've been one or two with some merit to them. I understand they're there for padding because these guys (Asura and Salagir) have other things going on so they need a break from time to time but its just that they havent been able to tell a complete story within the tournament in about 3 years yet we've been bombarded with special after special that have added nothing to the overall story being told, let alone any significant back story to the altered characters.
The Special Chapters have done zero to delay the progression of the tournament.
You think so? I completely disagree, up until the last few pages i completely forgot that Vegetto and the other heavy hitters were wisked away by Babidi? And even then I dont even remember how we got to THAT point, sure I could always re-read some stuff but why should I have to every time the story picks up after a 2 month long special chapter?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:47 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:06 am
jcogginsa wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:57 am
The Special Chapters have done zero to delay the progression of the tournament.
You think so? I completely disagree, up until the last few pages i completely forgot that Vegetto and the other heavy hitters were wisked away by Babidi? And even then I dont even remember how we got to THAT point, sure I could always re-read some stuff but why should I have to every time the story picks up after a 2 month long special chapter?
And you think not reading anything for 2 months will change that

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:53 am

jcogginsa wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:47 am
And you think not reading anything for 2 months will change that
For me? Yes! cant speak for anyone else. I mean, we get one DB Super chapter a month without any nonsense padding side chapters to hold us off until the next one and while yes thats "Official" I dont see why the same logic cant be applied here.

If Salagir went for 8-12 pages a month schedule and have it released either the first or last week of every month, the story would flow A LOT better.

I get your stance though, you seem to be of the frame of mind that having something to read is better than having nothing to read, which for me just isnt necessary. Especially if it isnt good.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pm

If there was nothing in-between, I don't think it would still have a community ten years after its debut. The side chapters contribute to the worldbuilding and generates discussion. They keep the community alive and active. Hell, DB Multiverse is one of the few DB fanmanga that has its own fan-fanart.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:36 pm

Well holy shit, so long you crazy bastard. Even if he is immortal he ain't doing shit in that state...

Ginyu and Cell remain the only real threats, I want to see what happened with other Gohan and Babidis trap...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Seems like Majins here are even more durable than in actual series (Where broken neck wasnt problem) that might explain why Gohan goes for such overkill :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:18 pm

This whole majin arc is starting to feel like filler
Marco Polo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pm The side chapters contribute to the worldbuilding and generates discussion.
Some do, but most are just 'Let's see how much we can stretch out a story that really only needs five pages to be told' with the only discussion being generated is wondering if Sal is trying to mimic Toriyama's 'plot by the seat of my pants' poorly.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:09 am

Okay, now it's feeling excessive.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:57 am

FoolsGil wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:09 am Okay, now it's feeling excessive.
To be fair, at least now we might FINALLY answer the question of "is he immortal or not?".
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:53 am

And Son "The Meatgrinder" Gohan strikes again!

Although maybe it's other Gohan. Seriously, I think now it's getting dumber by the page.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:01 am

It's the same Gohan. The other Gohan is searching for Babidi.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:07 am

Also he's doing this one handed, he still has the injured hand from cell, that's why he can only grab kakarots neck with it and not punch or ki blast I think.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Marco Polo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pm If there was nothing in-between, I don't think it would still have a community ten years after its debut. The side chapters contribute to the worldbuilding and generates discussion. They keep the community alive and active.

I agree, half way anyway. While I dont doubt that the side chapters help keep it alive by having folks check in on a weekly basis, I don't immediately recall any special chapters where something of extreme importants was heavily addressed. That said I do think for what its worth, this comic is good enough to where if Salagir made announcements mentioning that there wont be a chapter on a certain month (which he does i believe or at least used to), if he just gave us a return date instead of just throwing in a narratively pointless side chapter, people would still come running back.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:49 am

I don't get why people complain about the tournament being in hold.

Goku vegeta is boring and we've seen it before.

Vegeta will get a saligar handjob above cell/Gohan.

Goku will beat Uub even with the magic.

buu, xxi and cast vs bra are the only interesting ones. But I'd be shocked if Xxi and author waifu don't win those.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:18 pm This whole majin arc is starting to feel like filler
Marco Polo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pm The side chapters contribute to the worldbuilding and generates discussion.
Some do, but most are just 'Let's see how much we can stretch out a story that really only needs five pages to be told' with the only discussion being generated is wondering if Sal is trying to mimic Toriyama's 'plot by the seat of my pants' poorly.
Exactly. The recent Zen Buu short chapter is as long as they need to be.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:41 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:49 am I don't get why people complain about the tournament being in hold.

buu, xxi and cast vs bra are the only interesting ones. But I'd be shocked if Xxi and author waifu don't win those.
Still more interesting then these nothing filler fights that are already wanking like mad, at least those would have some sort of narrative weight or dynamic in them.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:49 am

Kanassa wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:41 pm
TobyS wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:49 am I don't get why people complain about the tournament being in hold.

Still more interesting then these nothing filler fights that are already wanking like mad, at least those would have some sort of narrative weight or dynamic in them.
respectfully disagree, Babidi could kill everyone one, find the DB's and peace out, leaving everyone trapped.
DB's could be destroyed leaving permanant casualties.

Whereas a fun tournament with resurrections at the end have no stakes, especially when it's just gonna end or semi final with Goku vs Vegeta is silly because they could fight anytime.

Goku fighting XXI Would be dumb because we already know he's weak enough to need 18's remote to beat her, so Goku might win just because he has the pleasure of being last and being prepared for his tricks.

Neither of those last two fights are satisfying at all imo.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Hopefully that destroyed Ginyu, Body Change in this comic is way OP
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:03 am

I'm gonna be kinda pissed if Ginyu still somehow managed to swap with someone, especially Kakarott's severed head.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!