Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2671
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:29 am

Alright, just to give you all a heads up... We have TWO Senzu Beans left...

1) Each Piccolo started with six...

Image

2) U18 Piccolo then gave a bean to U16 Gohan... So that's 5 more beans (3 on U16, 2 on U18)

Image

3) U18 Piccolo then gave another bean to U18 Gohan, while Bra was away... So that's 4 more beans (3 on U16, 1 on U18)

Image

4) Logically speaking, this means that U16 Piccolo had to be the one to heal U18 Gohan when his spine got broken. Otherwise, U18 Piccolo wouldn't have a bean for Bra to take... So that's 3 more beans (2 on U16, 1 on U18)

Image

5) The Piccolo that healed U18 Gohan is still with him right now. Bra killed the other one, who only had ONE bean left... So that's 2 more beans (2 on U16, 0 on U18)

Image

So Bra's not going to get a full boost from this one. Plus, our heroes still have two of their own to spend however they choose. Don't worry guys, we are approaching the end...

...Not that I'm in any hurry for more Specials, but... there we are.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
Regarder
Regular
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Regarder » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:02 am

SSJgogeto wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:24 pm
Regarder wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:05 am
No, it just doesn't matter if it's connected or not. Obviously, it starts out connected, but if the connection to the beam was cut it wouldn't matter. That would stop him putting more power into the beam, not stop him controlling it. This is consistent with the original material.
Maybe I'm overreacting but I still have some doubts. You see, I found in the manga two occasions where Goku used this technique, and in both the beam was connected. I also remember two other times when something happened that almost fits what you're saying:

1 - When Piccolo used the Tsuibidan (23rd tournament), there's a "tail" in the beam but his hand wasn't glowing.
2 - When the Ghost Buuhans used the Kamehameha, but there's no "tail" in the beam and their hands weren't glowing.

What I'm saiying is: what happened here probably never happened before, but isn't impossible to happen. Or maybe it's just an error, who knows.
Didn't he use it when he shot himself in the gravity training? I seem to remember that it goes around the machine in the center on its own.

User avatar
Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:18 am

Fionordequester wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:29 am
Alright, just to give you all a heads up... We have TWO Senzu Beans left...
Great breakdown.

This also explains why the Piccolos didn't try something like fusion; being separate and able to run around the battlefield healing was much more valuable.

This battle is actually reminding me of the original Goku Vs Vegeta. That battle took 13 chapters to finish, and was from June to September. For comparative purposes, that's almost 150 pages. DBM is moving FASTER than the original manga when read as a whole.

Vegeta was an evil monster and kept on getting back up over and over with new techniques. They needed a last-ditch teamup to take him down and even then he survived. Just like her "father", Bra's lost an eye and is getting more desperate to wipe everyone out the more damage she takes.

Also, People who think Bra's overpowered forget this version is VEGETTO's kid: conceived and raised by him. Vegetto is already severely overpowered and not such a great person either, having the usual fusion arrogance and the worst aspects of Vegeta and Goku. Bra inherited all of that and worse.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2671
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:44 pm

Brikikoz wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:18 am
Also, People who think Bra's overpowered forget this version is VEGETTO's kid: conceived and raised by him. Vegetto is already severely overpowered and not such a great person either, having the usual fusion arrogance and the worst aspects of Vegeta and Goku. Bra inherited all of that and worse.
Let's not forget, she also has Bulma as a mother. She was also pretty scummy as a teenager
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:59 am

I'm calling BS that Vegito can't sense Princess of Destruction Ssj2 Bra. At this point her and Vegito seems like it should be the main event.

User avatar
Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:51 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:59 am
I'm calling BS that Vegito can't sense Princess of Destruction Ssj2 Bra. At this point her and Vegito seems like it should be the main event.
Why? They specifically point out that no one can sense THAT much of the galaxy easily, not even Vegetto. Several times in DBZ they show the limits of Ki-Sensing, such as Goku being unable to find New Namek without King Kai. If you take Broly as canon, EVERYONE should've sensed him at some point growing up since he was nuking galaxies during the DBZ years.

If powers and abilities get too perfect, they break a story.

SSJgogeto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:25 pm

Regarder wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:02 am
Didn't he use it when he shot himself in the gravity training? I seem to remember that it goes around the machine in the center on its own.
Oh yeah, that one. This is what happened in the manga:
Again, it's just me, but IMO this and the "bending kamehameha" aren't the same. You see, Goku usually uses his hands to bend the Kamehameha, like Gohan did. But here his hands are in the usual position.
Fionordequester wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:29 am
So Bra's not going to get a full boost from this one.
Wait, isn't she holding a senzu in the last page?

User avatar
Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:35 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:25 pm


Again, it's just me, but IMO this and the "bending kamehameha" aren't the same. You see, Goku usually uses his hands to bend the Kamehameha, like Gohan did. But here his hands are in the usual position.
Kamehamehas can be controlled after they've left hands, it's just not used often. For example:

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Twin_Dragon_Shot

SSJgogeto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:57 pm

Yeah, but in this case the Kamehamehas are just spheres.

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:02 am

Brikikoz wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:51 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:59 am
I'm calling BS that Vegito can't sense Princess of Destruction Ssj2 Bra. At this point her and Vegito seems like it should be the main event.
Why? They specifically point out that no one can sense THAT much of the galaxy easily, not even Vegetto. Several times in DBZ they show the limits of Ki-Sensing, such as Goku being unable to find New Namek without King Kai. If you take Broly as canon, EVERYONE should've sensed him at some point growing up since he was nuking galaxies during the DBZ years.

If powers and abilities get too perfect, they break a story.
Because they made a big point that SSJ3 Goku was being sensed all the way from the other world, Bra was multi folds over him and then got a Majin Boost. Vegito who has a superior form of Instant transmission should be able to get to Bra.

User avatar
Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:23 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:02 am

Because they made a big point that SSJ3 Goku was being sensed all the way from the other world, Bra was multi folds over him and then got a Majin Boost. Vegito who has a superior form of Instant transmission should be able to get to Bra.
Another interpretation is that the Other World is not actually that far away at all, almost like a spiritual dimension parallel to the real one. Which makes sense since it didn't seem like it took long for Baba to magic them back and forth to King Yemma's lineup.

There have to be limitations on powers otherwise they break the story. It took time for Babidi to set up the mass-teleport spell, for example.

If they can teleport ANYWHERE in the entire universe, every battle is over instantly. Why didn't Cell just teleport Babidi 1000000000 miles away? Back in DBZ, why didn't Goku warp-Kamehameha everyone to the head in the first second? Why did Shin Kai even need Goku's help with Buu? With his superior warp he could've teleported Dabura and Babidi into space instantly, ending the Buu threat.
Last edited by Brikikoz on Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:25 am

SSJgogeto wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:57 pm
Yeah, but in this case the Kamehamehas are just spheres.
It shows the Kamehameha can be manipulated after leaving the hands.

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4128
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Image

"This whole world is nothing but lies...Let me show you what I like to call the truth, the truth called DESPAIR."
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

SSJgogeto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:52 pm

Yup, I was (almost) right.
Brikikoz wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:25 am
SSJgogeto wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:57 pm
Yeah, but in this case the Kamehamehas are just spheres.
It shows the Kamehameha can be manipulated after leaving the hands.
Correct, but seems like it's easier to control it when the beam it's still connected with the user.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2671
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:04 pm

So U16 Piccolo was paired up with U18 Gohan, and U18 Piccolo was paired with U16 Gohan? On Page 1979?

Image

That's the only way it possibly makes sense for any of the Piccolos to have exactly 2 beans. We know for a fact that U18 Piccolo was the first one to spend a Senzu, after all (because he mentioned "his Gohan", when U18 Gohan was teleported into space)...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Which... isn't *impossible*... but it definitely doesn't make as much sense. I don't know why the Piccolos would choose to partner with their *opposite* universe Gohans...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2671
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:56 pm

Oh... Ok, so Salagir DIDN'T keep track...

https://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/e ... ?comsall=1
Salagir (Page 1623): To be honest, I keep track of whose gohan is each, but I gave up on the Piccolos long ago :D
... :| ...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:29 pm

Was checking in to see if evil brassiere was dead yet. Nope. :yawn:

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:19 am

Brikikoz wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:23 am
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:02 am

Because they made a big point that SSJ3 Goku was being sensed all the way from the other world, Bra was multi folds over him and then got a Majin Boost. Vegito who has a superior form of Instant transmission should be able to get to Bra.
Another interpretation is that the Other World is not actually that far away at all, almost like a spiritual dimension parallel to the real one. Which makes sense since it didn't seem like it took long for Baba to magic them back and forth to King Yemma's lineup.

There have to be limitations on powers otherwise they break the story. It took time for Babidi to set up the mass-teleport spell, for example.

If they can teleport ANYWHERE in the entire universe, every battle is over instantly. Why didn't Cell just teleport Babidi 1000000000 miles away? Back in DBZ, why didn't Goku warp-Kamehameha everyone to the head in the first second? Why did Shin Kai even need Goku's help with Buu? With his superior warp he could've teleported Dabura and Babidi into space instantly, ending the Buu threat.
Goku could also sense a much weaker Gohan from Beerus's planet. I like DBM for the most part but I feel it's fare when they ignore something. Not necessarily from Super but from Z. I'd feel better if Vegito even knew what was going on and simply wanted the others to have a chance against Bra because that's something Goku would do.

Gohan and the Supreme Kai mention the distance Goku's power is being out putted from with SSJ3, Guru could sense Goku and Frieza fighting on Namek from Earth, this is simply a plot hole that Vegito can't get to Bra with all the power she is putting out. It doesn't kill the story and I don't think it should be blacklisted as a result but it's a legit complaint someone should be allowed to bring up.

Was it ever said how far Babidi sent everyone.

As for your second question.

Warp Kamehameha needs time plus Goku was fighting people that could either tank his attack or regenerate from it, Plus that move goes against Goku's fighting style. Same reason Kuririn doesn't try solar flare plus Destructo disk.

Kaioshin also needed help becasue Buu doesn't need oxygen and he couldn't teleport without Kibito in DBZ thus he couldn't try it on Babidi and Dabura.

User avatar
Matches Malone
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:47 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:29 pm
Was checking in to see if evil brassiere was dead yet. Nope. :yawn:
She's as good as dead because if she powers up as much as I think she will, it'll be enough to allow Vegetto and the others to lock on and instant transmission there.

User avatar
Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:31 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:19 am

Kaioshin also needed help becasue Buu doesn't need oxygen and he couldn't teleport without Kibito in DBZ thus he couldn't try it on Babidi and Dabura.
Why didn't Kibito teleport Babidi or Dabura?

Post Reply