DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:43 pm

RealtreeByGod wrote:Hey, Kaiser is interacting with the peasants again!

So what's premiering at Christmas?
Episode 51.

Expect perfection.

(Also, if I'm royalty, I demand a holiday.)
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:30 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:We honestly don't like the special. It's mostly harmless, sure, but that'd kind of part of its problem. There's just so little to it, Goku Jr. is boring, the villains are forgettable, and I have nothing truly positive to say about it.

Also, it's more GT, and frankly? GT, in our eyes, is a mistake from top to bottom. So yeah, that is honestly being held against it.
That's sad to hear but I personally think GT has some strong points (mainly the Baby Saga and SSJ4) but it was a let down overall

Kiwimelon

Post by Kiwimelon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:35 pm

I wonder what you guys are going to do with Gohan once he reaches the Cell Games...will his voice actor change in order to get a more menacing and fiercer Gohan? Or will he just sound more serious and intimidating?

Well, guess I have to wait then. :wink:
"You may have eaten my milkshake and my burger, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His fries!"

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Kiwimelon wrote:I wonder what you guys are going to do with Gohan once he reaches the Cell Games...will his voice actor change in order to get a more menacing and fiercer Gohan? Or will he just sound more serious and intimidating?

Masako X will be playing Gohan til the end of the Cell Games. Afterwards the guy who plays Cloud in FF7 Abridged will play Adult Gohan. Everything else we'll just have to wait and see.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:06 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Kiwimelon wrote:I wonder what you guys are going to do with Gohan once he reaches the Cell Games...will his voice actor change in order to get a more menacing and fiercer Gohan? Or will he just sound more serious and intimidating?

Masako X will be playing Gohan til the end of the Cell Games. Afterwards the guy who plays Cloud in FF7 Abridged will play Adult Gohan. Everything else we'll just have to wait and see.
Tis' a shame. I really like Masako X as Goku and Gohan. Wonder who will voice Goten.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:50 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:We honestly don't like the special. It's mostly harmless, sure, but that'd kind of part of its problem. There's just so little to it, Goku Jr. is boring, the villains are forgettable, and I have nothing truly positive to say about it.

Also, it's more GT, and frankly? GT, in our eyes, is a mistake from top to bottom. So yeah, that is honestly being held against it.
It did have Chewbacca in it, so that's something at least.

Also, Having seen the 23rd spot just recently, i feel the GT comparison wasn't really fair considering Plan to Eradicate came first

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:01 am

The one-off parts of the original "Plan to Eradicate" are what I like about it:
-Gokû driving a submarine
-Kamesennin offering Vegeta dirty magazines only to have Vegeta irritatedly chuck them at Kamesennin's head.
-the silly poses everyone's in when Gokû teleports them back to Earth

The idea of something that shuts down everyone's ability to manipulate ki is interesting, but something that can't be fully explored in a choose-your-own-adventure game compared to an actual story arc. You want something that'll level the playing field, shutting off the ki control and making them rely on their basic fighting skills will do it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:31 am

I can't wait for more abridged! I'm gonna marathon mode everything made by tfs right now haha.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:13 am

KaiserNeko wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:

How bout the redub of Movie 2? Correct me if I'm wrong but you guys dubbed that way back and were planning on redoing it like you Dead Zone right?
2 Million Subscriber video. :3
Called it!

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:44 am

I get what you're saying but with that special you get number 25 - Christmas is on 25th and its also at least better than EoB, Plan to eradicate, bio broly and few others.

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:49 am

I'd like to see the next DBCember feature their Top 24 characters from the series.

'Cause everyone knows that Dumplin would be #1.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:58 am

Dumplin is the best thing to have come out of DBZ. Not SSJGod, Not SSJBlue, Not even the Super Dragonballs. Just Dumplin.

...and his F-box.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:45 pm

lol Broli Second Coming is 22. I also love that Kaiser keeps going "Ha you thought it was Bio-Broli!"

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Broly Second Coming did a lot to diminish Broly's character. And he had little to start with

Kiwimelon

Post by Kiwimelon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:06 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:

Oh for real? Never really guessed that one. Well, let's how this plays out in the future.
"You may have eaten my milkshake and my burger, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His fries!"

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:07 pm

I'm expecting Return of Cooler pretty soon , question is, will it be before, or after Bio Broly? :) I also really dislike 2nd movie with Broly, not big fan of Goten and runks antics, and Broly became much dumber
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

DBGT101
Patreon Supporter

Post by DBGT101 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:45 pm

coola wrote:I'm expecting Return of Cooler pretty soon , question is, will it be before, or after Bio Broly? :) I also really dislike 2nd movie with Broly, not big fan of Goten and runks antics, and Broly became much dumber
They already did both of the Cooler movies.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:46 pm

I mean, on DBcember list :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:08 pm

I'm not that surprised they put 2nd coming below Bio Broly as I think Taka made an argument for that once. I'm gonna disagree of course and say Bio Broly is far worse. It's even more boring and has no star power. Who's idea was it to feature 2 characters who hardly get any focus outside of Gotenks? Goten and Trunks just couldn't carry a movie without Gohan, Piccolo, Goku, or Vegeta. Yeah Goku appears again for 5 seconds, but still it was for a quick gag to a fight I'd have liked to see. While I totally agree the first half or 2/3 of second coming sucks and is dull, all of Bio Broly is dull for me. I pretty much enjoy 2nd coming once the whole village stuff is dropped entirely.

But hey it's their list and it's still interesting to see their picks even if they may contrast my own.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:44 pm

Aaaaaand Bio-Broli is #21. Now to wait and see when the 1st Broli movie is ranked.