DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBGT101
Patreon Supporter

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by DBGT101 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:17 pm

coola wrote:I mean, on DBcember list :)
my mistake then.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:22 pm

Watching the Neize VS Nail/Krillin video.

Not to sound douchey but....my god...super moves. Please...use them...look how easier it got for you guys. You dont have to prove anything using melee only, you're already heroes!
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:36 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Watching the Neize VS Nail/Krillin video.

Not to sound douchey but....my god...super moves. Please...use them...look how easier it got for you guys. You dont have to prove anything using melee only, you're already heroes!
They have one hit point. Charging for Supers leaves them open to attack

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:50 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Watching the Neize VS Nail/Krillin video.

They have one hit point. Charging for Supers leaves them open to attack
You gain ki by landing attacks also. String a combo long enough and you can even hit high tension.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:01 pm

Now that Lani's co-stared in a live action internet movie, are there chances for a live action TFS internet movie?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:46 pm

Sleeping Princess? Never watched any of the Dragon Ball(read Pre-Z movies) movies but that premise looked much more interesting than any of the Broly movies. Ah well. It's not my list anyways.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:00 pm

I'm surprised you guys don't consider Curse of the Blood Rubies the worst of the Dragonball Era films.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:45 am

All original DB movies are like a parody of the main arcs in the series, I think I like it some, don't remember now... It was a long time since I watch it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:51 pm

#19 is the Return of Cooler, and Kaiser still has that grudge against editing it for Abridged. XD

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:34 am

Noah wrote:All original DB movies are like a parody of the main arcs in the series, I think I like it some, don't remember now... It was a long time since I watch it.
Z movies are also copy/paste of main series arcs. Sleeping Princess is actually unique and fun, but its their list, so whatever.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:40 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:Z movies are also copy/paste of main series arcs. Sleeping Princess is actually unique and fun, but its their list, so whatever.
But at least it has some argument of which Z movie could fit in the canon or not, we can't say the same about DB movies because, well...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:16 am

I guess no GT in their Top 24 video means that we will never see a GT abridged after the Buu saga abridged is finished. I guess Team Four Star will probably go to Super after they are done with DBZ.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:10 am

Noah wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:Z movies are also copy/paste of main series arcs. Sleeping Princess is actually unique and fun, but its their list, so whatever.
But at least it has some argument of which Z movie could fit in the canon or not, we can't say the same about DB movies because, well...
Why is everyone so obsessed with canon? Canon doesnt equal good and Dragon Ball has no established canon. I was saying that the Z movies are just copy/paste of the arc closest to their release, Z movie 2 is the only exception. And anime movies are never canon, only Dragon Ball fans argue which movie is canon or not beacuse they like them.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:16 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:And anime movies are never canon
I wouldn't say that as a blanket statement, as it's definitely not 100% true. Even going beyond the arguable "canon"-ness of BoG and F, there's things like 'The Last: Naruto the Movie' and 'Boruto: Naruto the Movie' for the Naruto franchise; 'Digimon Adventure: The Movie' and 'Digimon Adventure: Our War Game' for the Digimon Adventure/02 series; and even 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' which is flat out based on the fourth book in the same light novel series that the Haruhi TV series is based on. It's just normally that Shonen Jump property based films aren't "canon".
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:53 am

Pokemon The First Movie is consider to be canon to the show too. After watching the "DBcember: Top 24 Movies and Specials: 24-19", I do agree with some of their choices. I agree Episode of Bardock is awful. I would put DBZ Movie 6 a bit lower on my personal list. The movie gets worst with each viewing.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:02 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Pokemon The First Movie is consider to be canon to the show too. After watching the "DBcember: Top 24 Movies and Specials: 24-19", I do agree with some of their choices. I agree Episode of Bardock is awful. I would put DBZ Movie 6 a bit lower on my personal list. The movie gets worst with each viewing.
I still think SSJ Goku and Vegeta team up to take on Metal Cooler is without a doubt the highlight of DBZ Movie 6. But yeah, that movie hasn't aged well at all.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:43 pm

What makes Return of Cooler especially surprising is that the movie aired before Dende was Guardian of Earth in the manga. It's not only non canon for being a movie, its non canon in time and space.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:02 pm

FoolsGil wrote:What makes Return of Cooler especially surprising is that the movie aired before Dende was Guardian of Earth in the manga. It's not only non canon for being a movie, its non canon in time and space.
Not only that, but it somehow make Piccolo weaker than Goku and Vegeta, even on Namek Guru said, that if son of Katatz didn't seperate into two beings, Vegeta would have to be Super Saiyan to have any hope of beating him.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:08 pm

Oh, wow. I just saw number 17.

You're going to get SO much hate.

I love it!

I didn't think you guys could make me MORE hyped for Wen Broli, but now I am.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:20 pm

From what i've heard, TFS crew often say, they are not big fan of Broly as characters, so his movies being that low is not really too surprising, kinda sad to see DBZ Movie 7 so low, i really enjoy it, but..like everyone say, it's their list, and i kinda agree Androids 13/14/15 are little bland as villains.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015