DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Danfun64
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:48 pm

Considering the running gag in canon DBZ of Mr. Satan claiming to have some illness or injury in order to get out of a fight he's sure he's hopelessly outclassed it, it was funny to see that gag occur here in record time!
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2792
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:23 am

Hey everyone; this is Fionordequester. I'm a part of a group that's trying to make a Motion Comic of Dragon Ball Multiverse; with voice acting, vectoring, and everything. However, none among us have much experience editing, and I haven't been making much headway trying to figure things out myself. Since we're an up-and-coming group, we also don't have much money to give to the likes of Innagadadavida, KaiserNeko, or any of the other big name editors.

So what I'm curious about is this; how did you guys solve that problem? Where you started wanting to make more and more professional videos, but most likely didn't have the chops needed at first? Did you guys START this Abridged series with a dedicated editor, or was that person someone you got later? If it's the latter...how did you get them?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2897
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Scsigs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:34 am

Fionordequester wrote:Hey everyone; this is Fionordequester. I'm a part of a group that's trying to make a Motion Comic of Dragon Ball Multiverse; with voice acting, vectoring, and everything. However, none among us have much experience editing, and I haven't been making much headway trying to figure things out myself. Since we're an up-and-coming group, we also don't have much money to give to the likes of Innagadadavida, KaiserNeko, or any of the other big name editors.

So what I'm curious about is this; how did you guys solve that problem? Where you started wanting to make more and more professional videos, but most likely didn't have the chops needed at first? Did you guys START this Abridged series with a dedicated editor, or was that person someone you got later? If it's the latter...how did you get them?
I think Kaiser's been their main editor for a while. Sometimes they get outside people to do extra stuff, like some of the #CellGames videos, but it's mostly him.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7646
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Noah » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:57 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Goku: How did you-
Cell: You weren't here for this, but Piccolo's cells.
Piccolo: Okay, I am...90% sure I can't do that.
Cell: "We'll see that later."

One of the best lines in this episode :lol:

Anyway, you guys think it would be pretty rushed if they did a three part episode in 60? I think the same as well, but would they end the arc in 61 ou 62? :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Danfun64
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:04 pm

I have a request for TFS. Another song/DBS short [spoiler]beginning just as Team Universe 7 is about to leave Capsule Corp to enter the Tournament of Power. After they leave, have Bulma, Yamcha, Oolong, Puar, Fortuneteller Baba, Dende, and Mr. Popo do a ToP themed remix of the song "Always look on the Bright Side of Life".[/spoiler]
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13033
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI0rfTc8ehc

Finally happened...and well worth the wait.

Actually funny and makes up for this weeks Super episode. Thanks TFS!
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21048
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:14 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Actually funny and makes up for this weeks Super episode. Thanks TFS!
You just couldn't help yourself could you. :P

Anyway, I fucking loved this Two Saiyans Play. I so wanted this be animated, somehow or someway, down the line. It would be 10x funnier.

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15044
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Chuquita » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:09 am

It was incredible and I hope there's more of them in the future. Vegeta's reactions, the bear, Gokû's Vegeta impersonation, Gokû using Lucky Chloe to defeat Vegeta.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4353
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:22 pm

While the newest Saiyan Plays was hella funny, I would have liked things to be subverted

Image

Goku losing it entirely, while Vegeta proclaiming Goku to be his best buddy (in his own way, it's still Vegeta after all) would have been cathartic.

User avatar
MarCas92
Regular
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: U.S/Mexican Border
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by MarCas92 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Just saw the update video. Why even make it? The wait isn't even that bad, we've gone 7 months without DBZ Abridged before. This is just calling unecessary attention to itself imo.

Also, I know it's entitled AF, but I hate that all these other projects delay DBZA. I have 0 interest in TFS other projects. I don't know how many other fans feel the same way though.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

User avatar
KaiserNeko
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1953
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Dallas, TX United States

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:34 pm

MarCas92 wrote:Just saw the update video. Why even make it? The wait isn't even that bad, we've gone 7 months without DBZ Abridged before. This is just calling unecessary attention to itself imo.

Also, I know it's entitled AF, but I hate that all these other projects delay DBZA. I have 0 interest in TFS other projects. I don't know how many other fans feel the same way though.
1. People are already pissed that we waited this long to tell them there was a hiatus. People were getting antsy about not knowing what was going on but we at least wanted to tell them, "We know there's a delay. Sorry about that, but we have a lot of new projects coming up."

2. It's fine with you don't have any interest in our other content. But when DBZA is finished, what will we do with our lives if we don't have new projects, material, etc. being produced by us?
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15044
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Chuquita » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:51 pm

I haven't felt the hiatus as much because I really enjoy the TFS gaming channel (it's something fun to watch while I exercise on the stationary bike).

I'm ok with waiting. I've had an incredibly difficult past two years in rl, so I understand when others are going through personal hardships.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
NintendoBlaze53
Regular
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:24 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:34 pm

I still don't get how people think DBZA=TFS. At this point TFS is an amazing company and like a company you have separate divisions. Kaiser is exclusively DBZA with other people taking care of the Let's Plays, FF7A, Hellsing Abridged and other things. While I imagine this Hells dub is taking the whole team to work on, good on you guys. People don't realize DBZA doesn't do a single thing for you guys and provides no income to any of the members of TFS. It's a whole lotta work for nothing more then making some fans happy, for all economical purposes DBZA is a liability to TFS, the only reason you guys have to do it is for the fans and as your own passion project, which is all it's really ever been. I don't think people understand just how big TFS is now and how many people make up that office you guys have.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7646
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Noah » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:24 pm

MarCas92 wrote:Also, I know it's entitled AF, but I hate that all these other projects delay DBZA. I have 0 interest in TFS other projects. I don't know how many other fans feel the same way though.
Well, I mainly like TFS because their DBZ parody, but I thought these projects were not affecting DBZA production (I remember KaiserNeko saying this once).
KaiserNeko wrote:But when DBZA is finished, what will we do with our lives if we don't have new projects, material, etc. being produced by us?
I don't get it. You guys think by the time DBZA ends you will have no projects anymore? By the way I heard a rumour that some of you were working as voice actors, congrats! (If it's true lol)
Last edited by Noah on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:44 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
MarCas92 wrote:Just saw the update video. Why even make it? The wait isn't even that bad, we've gone 7 months without DBZ Abridged before. This is just calling unecessary attention to itself imo.

Also, I know it's entitled AF, but I hate that all these other projects delay DBZA. I have 0 interest in TFS other projects. I don't know how many other fans feel the same way though.
1. People are already pissed that we waited this long to tell them there was a hiatus. People were getting antsy about not knowing what was going on but we at least wanted to tell them, "We know there's a delay. Sorry about that, but we have a lot of new projects coming up."

2. It's fine with you don't have any interest in our other content. But when DBZA is finished, what will we do with our lives if we don't have new projects, material, etc. being produced by us?
Speaking of other projects, any updates/info on season 2 of FF7 Abridged?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
KaiserNeko
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1953
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Dallas, TX United States

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:10 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:
MarCas92 wrote:Just saw the update video. Why even make it? The wait isn't even that bad, we've gone 7 months without DBZ Abridged before. This is just calling unecessary attention to itself imo.

Also, I know it's entitled AF, but I hate that all these other projects delay DBZA. I have 0 interest in TFS other projects. I don't know how many other fans feel the same way though.
1. People are already pissed that we waited this long to tell them there was a hiatus. People were getting antsy about not knowing what was going on but we at least wanted to tell them, "We know there's a delay. Sorry about that, but we have a lot of new projects coming up."

2. It's fine with you don't have any interest in our other content. But when DBZA is finished, what will we do with our lives if we don't have new projects, material, etc. being produced by us?
Speaking of other projects, any updates/info on season 2 of FF7 Abridged?
We're looking at October. =3
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

User avatar
dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7782
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:54 am

KaiserNeko wrote:But when DBZA is finished, what will we do with our lives if we don't have new projects, material, etc. being produced by us?
Surely you jest. When DBZA is done, your purpose in life will have been fulfilled and you don't need to reside in the world of the living anymore.
I thought that was common knowledge!
:P

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1064
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:09 am

KaiserNeko wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote: 1. People are already pissed that we waited this long to tell them there was a hiatus. People were getting antsy about not knowing what was going on but we at least wanted to tell them, "We know there's a delay. Sorry about that, but we have a lot of new projects coming up."

2. It's fine with you don't have any interest in our other content. But when DBZA is finished, what will we do with our lives if we don't have new projects, material, etc. being produced by us?
Speaking of other projects, any updates/info on season 2 of FF7 Abridged?
We're looking at October. =3
Pretty sure the entire fanbase has asked, but will there be DBS Abridged in the future?

User avatar
BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:06 am

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:05 am

dbzfan7 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI0rfTc8ehc

Finally happened...and well worth the wait.

Actually funny and makes up for this weeks Super episode. Thanks TFS!
Vegeta should've picked Kazuya, they look the same.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7646
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Noah » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Now I wonder if they'll actually finish Season 3 in this year :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Post Reply