DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by danielsan_190196 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:01 pm

Didn't like that cover of 'Unmei no hi'. But appreciate the effort.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0jFBW-WAyA Part 2 premiere on 7th September on Twitch :) That Kaiser line about scouter was a throwback to Episode 3?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:29 pm

coola wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0jFBW-WAyA Part 2 premiere on 7th September on Twitch :) That Kaiser line about scouter was a throwback to Episode 3?
Kaiser is never going to live that episode 3 thing down. I love it.

Anyway, looking forward to the premiere! :)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:29 pm

coola wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0jFBW-WAyA Part 2 premiere on 7th September on Twitch :) That Kaiser line about scouter was a throwback to Episode 3?
I mean, where DID it come from?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Scsigs wrote:
I mean, where DID it come from?
A wizard did it, and his name is Roshi.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:35 pm

danielsan_190196 wrote:Didn't like that cover of 'Unmei no hi'. But appreciate the effort.
That's fine, it's all subjective. I liked it so much that I bought it on iTunes.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:59 pm

What's the reason TFS doesn't use the HD footage from Kai instead?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:26 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:What's the reason TFS doesn't use the HD footage from Kai instead?
Because this isn't Dragonball Kai Abridged?

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w__kXen0t9s
Last edited by FoolsGil on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zDBZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by zDBZ » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Kaiser, you guys did exactly what I was hoping you'd do with SSJ2 Gohan. That was funny and genuinely chilling at the same time.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:45 pm

zDBZ wrote:Kaiser, you guys did exactly what I was hoping you'd do with SSJ2 Gohan. That was funny and genuinely chilling at the same time.
When Gohan's unafraid, he makes everyone else afraid!

zDBZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by zDBZ » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:59 pm

[spoiler]The only thing I felt was missing here was more of a reaction from Piccolo to what Gohan becomes. And it felt a little strange that he was the one with the "stole the win" joke. But aside from that, this was fantastic.[/spoiler]

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:06 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:What's the reason TFS doesn't use the HD footage from Kai instead?
Because Kai, while being an HD remaster & clean-up of the original animation, isn't the same as the original Z. I mean, they used to use Orange Brick footage until Season 2 came around & they got the better remaster from the Dragon Boxes. Also, Kai doesn't have any filler scenes they could take advantage of if they wanted to. Also, they'd HAVE to switch back to DBox footage when it comes to the Buu Saga, since Kai was cropped for some reason & never had 4:3 masters made. Also, they started DBZA a year before Kai started airing & 2 years before FUNi's home releases for Kai started coming out. Consistency is one game & resources are another. Plus, they probably don't have anything that can rip Blu-Rays.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:16 pm

This reminds me of how crap and inconsistent the art gets during the Cell Games.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:24 pm

zDBZ wrote:Kaiser, you guys did exactly what I was hoping you'd do with SSJ2 Gohan. That was funny and genuinely chilling at the same time.

This. I really think TFS really did a good job of showing how both Gohan and Goku really aren't that far removed from Vegeta.

They're still saiyans after all.

It's crazy thinking that--what, TFS started the android saga back in 2012?--it's been five fucking years. Five years of waiting for this moment. And oh my god did it delivered.

Favorite moment is easily:
[spoiler]Gohan verbally ripping Goku apart. That single fucking moment I was waiting for ever since it was hinted that Gohan had a lot more complicated feelings about his father way back during Planet Namek. That was a long time coming, and I'm so glad it happened. And of course it culminated with Goku apologizing to Gohan, which was so great too. If this truly is the end of DBZA, then it's a great way to send off the character.[/spoiler]

Cant' wait for part 3!

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:56 pm

Frankly, this was even better than Part 1. Gohan's demeanor and actions were appropriately chilling. His speech to Goku was a long time coming, and Goku's answer was heartwarming. Seeing not only Gohan, but Kuririn basically tell Vegeta to go fuck himself was immensely satisfying. And Cell's reprisal was the perfect (ha!) cliffhanger.

The best line in the episode is undoubtedly "What is this shit, genetic?!"
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

MrTennek
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrTennek » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:17 am

ugh just end this dreck already...

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:39 am

I liked it. Better than last week's, I feel. I still enjoy everything they're doing with Gohan, but the "why don't I give him a senzu bean?" line was still a lazy, low-effort joke that has been made in the fandom countless times before this. Luckily, though, that's the only lazy joke at Goku's expense in the episode. TFS has been guilty in the past of being rather malicious against Goku and leaning in a bit too much into the "Goku's a bad father" meme for my taste (I just find it lazy humor considering how played out it is, the same with "Piccolo is Goku's real dad) joke last episode), so I was expecting Gohan to turn on his father and make jabs every other line, so I'm glad it was handled with more grace than that. Likewise, I'm happy with how Goku's sacrifice was handled. While I think the original still conveys everything this version does through its more subtle dialog and Goku's expressions and Nozawa's acting, this version is good too.

zDBZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by zDBZ » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:59 am

While I understand if this is the end of the series, now I'm really hoping they go on, just to see what they do with all the ups and downs Gohan goes through in Buu...

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:23 am

Last week's episode was my fave but this one was pretty darn good too. I was hoping TFS would've did their own thing with Gohan but they decided to do as it goes.

By that I mean, Gohan would end Cell and he wouldn't explode.
zDBZ wrote:While I understand if this is the end of the series, now I'm really hoping they go on, just to see what they do with all the ups and downs Gohan goes through in Buu...
Sadly seems the case but makes sense, this is a non-profit project so they're not making any bread out of it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:07 am

No joke about how the Cell Jrs. would eventually come back in the DBS manga?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147