DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
dario03
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1299
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by dario03 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:08 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:56 pm
dario03 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:43 pm

You can say that about just about any opinion based thing though.
No
Especially if its something from somebodies childhood
Yes
Nostalgia doesn't have to be about childhood.

User avatar
MasenkoHA
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1424
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:16 pm

dario03 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:08 pm
MasenkoHA wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:56 pm
dario03 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:43 pm

You can say that about just about any opinion based thing though.
No
Especially if its something from somebodies childhood
Yes
Nostalgia doesn't have to be about childhood.
Not necessarily no. But arguing “you can say it’s just nostalgic about any opinion based thing” is an incredibly inaccurate statement

User avatar
dario03
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1299
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by dario03 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:25 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:16 pm
dario03 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:08 pm
MasenkoHA wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:56 pm

No


Yes
Nostalgia doesn't have to be about childhood.
Not necessarily no. But arguing “you can say it’s just nostalgic about any opinion based thing” is an incredibly inaccurate statement
Which is why I edited the comment, probably not the best edit since it should have read more like "you could say that about anything that someone saw earlier compared to a different version".
Though my response about not having to be from childhood was because you removed the second part of the edit which somewhat covered that. This line
"or first version they saw"

User avatar
The gr
I Live Here
Posts: 2838
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by The gr » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:12 pm

Was Cell whistling All star at the end :lol:

Unfortunately Bakugou will join vegeta of never catching up except the bakugou is even worse at this.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20402
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:08 pm

Dragon Ball Z KAI Abridged Parody: Episode 3.5

Perfect Cell bitch slapping Krillin, Vegeta and Trunks slayed me. :lol:

User avatar
jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6068
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Georgia (I wish I was in New York)

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:24 pm

Switching it from Frank Sinatra to Limp Bizkit was brilliant :lol:
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4047
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:26 pm

Oh wow this went batshit right from the start. :P
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2213
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Scsigs » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:12 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:26 pm
Oh wow this went batshit right from the start. :P
I wonder if this is a sign about Season 4. (Thinking Emoji)
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
TFS getting shafted from the Kai TFC dub is a great travesty.
GT sucks, get over it if you disagree.
We'll see what happens to Vic.
Um...Listen to Waterparks.
That is all.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12989
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:16 pm

The beginning was a bit much for me, but the rest was stunning....and then the ending made me really sad. It's true what they say, the best humor is that based on truth.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
dario03
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1299
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by dario03 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:31 pm

Awesome. That's all I have to say.

User avatar
MarCas92
Regular
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: U.S/Mexican Border
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:43 pm

So it's really interesting seeing the difference between Kai's 1/2 and 2.9/3/3.5.

The first Kai's were just a funny little gag poking fun at the series itself with a faster and sillier type humor.

These new ones are just Kaiser's way discreet way of shitposting Dragon Ball content........I LOVE IT!
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

User avatar
KaiserNeko
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Dallas, TX United States

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:51 pm

It sort of developed that way because we knew we couldn't just repeat ourselves after 1&2. We wanted to do something different that would deliver fast paced, off the wall humor while recapping the saga, so we skewed a little more towards surrealism and over the top reactions, combined with a billion visual jokes.

And me shitposting like a motherfucker.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7407
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:23 pm

Now, I finally got time to watch these two Kai Abridged Episodes:

3.0

- Starting with the characters discussing about the soundtrack was hilarious!

- The 'only saw Z' gag present on Episode 1 was back with also Gero saying he 'only saw DB' :lol:

- Quite enjoyed the use of Super music :thumbup:

3.5

- That PornHub scene killed me! :lol: :clap:

- Also never thought I would see Goku cursing on Abridged :D


Anyway these were nice pieces of entertainment, though I still prefer by a lot Episode 2... I don't get why you guys didn't do these all together, instead of splitting by Android and Cell parts, especially considering how fast paced is the second part.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
KaiserNeko
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Dallas, TX United States

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:54 pm

Noah wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:23 pm
Now, I finally got time to watch these two Kai Abridged Episodes:

3.0

- Starting with the characters discussing about the soundtrack was hilarious!

- The 'only saw Z' gag present on Episode 1 was back with also Gero saying he 'only saw DB' :lol:

- Quite enjoyed the use of Super music :thumbup:

3.5

- That PornHub scene killed me! :lol: :clap:

- Also never thought I would see Goku cursing on Abridged :D


Anyway these were nice pieces of entertainment, though I still prefer by a lot Episode 2... I don't get why you guys didn't do these all together, instead of splitting by Android and Cell parts, especially considering how fast paced is the second part.
Let me assure you, having this be a whole 11 minute video would've been suicide. This type of content does NOT stack up to excessive length. Kai 2 all on its own drags, and its shorter than 3.5.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

User avatar
Yuli Ban
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:07 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Yuli Ban » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:42 am

KaiserNeko wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:54 pm
Noah wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:23 pm
Now, I finally got time to watch these two Kai Abridged Episodes:

3.0

- Starting with the characters discussing about the soundtrack was hilarious!

- The 'only saw Z' gag present on Episode 1 was back with also Gero saying he 'only saw DB' :lol:

- Quite enjoyed the use of Super music :thumbup:

3.5

- That PornHub scene killed me! :lol: :clap:

- Also never thought I would see Goku cursing on Abridged :D


Anyway these were nice pieces of entertainment, though I still prefer by a lot Episode 2... I don't get why you guys didn't do these all together, instead of splitting by Android and Cell parts, especially considering how fast paced is the second part.
Let me assure you, having this be a whole 11 minute video would've been suicide. This type of content does NOT stack up to excessive length. Kai 2 all on its own drags, and its shorter than 3.5.
Quality over quantity!
May or may not be writing a Dragon Ball-inspired serial.

Post Reply