DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dario03
Advanced Regular

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by dario03 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:45 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:40 am
Scsigs wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:25 am Damn. Really hoped they got Ben back as Mez, but I understand if a bridge got burned there & it can't be fixed.

Also, I VASTLY prefer this CGI to whatever they were using before.

Man, that was GREAT! Honestly, if these guys were able to make a series like Rick & Morty, they'd have 1 of the best animated shows ever. Bet.
You can thank DevilArtemis for this episode from his "Perfect Cell vs." work.

I really hope him and TFS can keep collaborating in the future.

Though this episode was really funny to watch as a fan of the DevilArtemis Universe seeing as how it's exactly that style, except with TFS voice-work instead :P
CGI Cell voiced by Taka instead of DevilArtemis threw me off a lot. Rest was fine but I'm just so used to DA's Cell voice with that animation.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm

Well, a man can still dream that Season 4 will be a thing someday...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:17 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm Well, a man can still dream that Season 4 will be a thing someday...
It's weird. If they hadn't cancelled season 4, then they could've maybe done a batch of episodes or the movies over the last year & change because of COVID.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:57 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:17 pm
Noah wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm Well, a man can still dream that Season 4 will be a thing someday...
It's weird. If they hadn't cancelled season 4, then they could've maybe done a batch of episodes or the movies over the last year & change because of COVID.
Not really. Having more time to throw your head against a wall doesn't make it a more pleasant activity.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:08 pm

Abridging as a general YouTube trend is definitely dead at this point. There’s simply no benefit in TeamFourStar continuing to do DBZA. Not only does it come with copyright baggage, but from what I understand, being involved in an abridged series can be detrimental for anyone who happens to be an aspiring voice actor. Frankly, I’m shocked that LittleKuriboh hasn’t completely given up on YGOTAS.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:43 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:08 pm Abridging as a general YouTube trend is definitely dead at this point. There’s simply no benefit in TeamFourStar continuing to do DBZA. Not only does it come with copyright baggage, but from what I understand, being involved in an abridged series can be detrimental for anyone who happens to be an aspiring voice actor. Frankly, I’m shocked that LittleKuriboh hasn’t completely given up on YGOTAS.
He hasn't given up on it because it's literally a thing he does for money. Not directly, since he can't monetize his videos, but he gets donations, goes to cons as a featured guest, & whatever else. He also doesn't do it every month like TFS did, which is a part of their creative burnout, I think. Literally doing that shit from 2012-2018 with no breaks to do an episode, a special, or movie every month is bound to be exhausting. Then, poor Kaiser, editing the visuals to the new dialogue, music, & sound effects. I'm honestly impressed he could soldier on & not need to get anyone else but Masako to help him out. LK also has people edit his episodes for him, so he doesn't have a huge workload, so that helps. He'll probably bee done with season 5 by, like, 2025 or 26 at this pace, then he'll probably abridge the Dark Side of Dimensions movie after that & finally be done with it, unless he gets more raws for Season 0 or does the rest of Capsule Monsters, but I doubt it. He also legitimately loves Yugioh & always had plans to get to the end of the series, from what I know, unlike TFS, who only really had plans to get to the end of Cell. At this point as well, he might as well since he's started Season 5 already. He's also, for the moment, stopped having copyright troubles.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 29, 2021 6:25 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:08 pm Abridging as a general YouTube trend is definitely dead at this point. There’s simply no benefit in TeamFourStar continuing to do DBZA. Not only does it come with copyright baggage, but from what I understand, being involved in an abridged series can be detrimental for anyone who happens to be an aspiring voice actor. Frankly, I’m shocked that LittleKuriboh hasn’t completely given up on YGOTAS.
That's because he has passion to his work he wants to finish the parody he started in 2006 when YouTube was in baby years. And I give a lot of credit to him for doing that, being though depression, burned out ideas, the guy just want to finish the job. He had a lot of reasons to simply "Okay guys, I can't handle this anymore", but he didn't. That's why he deserves all the compliments to this day.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:15 pm

If you ever wanted to see Freeza and Cell go at it, this is the episode for you!

The 2nd episode of HFIL is here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZ9aG7Tsgc

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:09 pm

This was fun, I'm all for a series of this

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:05 pm

That bit where Cell was almost gonna spill the beans to Freeza...man they prick-tease hard.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:51 pm

I really love how they harken back to some of their older moments, namely Zarbon realizing how he came across and trying to deal with it, as well as the fact that most of HFIL's MCMs were killed by Vegeta.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:23 pm

I really wanted Cell to mention he actually DID kill Goku unlike Freeza. That would be the biggest burn he could have dished. But they never went there.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:23 pm I really wanted Cell to mention he actually DID kill Goku unlike Freeza. That would be the biggest burn he could have dished. But they never went there.
I’d say the biggest burn he could’ve dished was putting emphasis on killing both Goku AND Trunks (in the latter’s case, twice)

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:37 am

Cell was about to tell Freeza that Trunks was actually Vegeta's kid and the time traveler he killed, but the 2 of them got conked on the head before they could finish.

The only thing more humiliating for Freeza to lose to the spawn of Goku is to lose to the span of VEGETA.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:04 pm

I have been rewatching all of TFS from old abridged movies to their remakes. Absolutely love the last few eps with Cell.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:10 pm

Jackal puFF wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:04 pm I have been rewatching all of TFS from old abridged movies to their remakes. Absolutely love the last few eps with Cell.
Too bad they don't have plans to continue.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:44 am

Noah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:10 pm
Jackal puFF wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:04 pm I have been rewatching all of TFS from old abridged movies to their remakes. Absolutely love the last few eps with Cell.
Too bad they don't have plans to continue.
Yeah it's a real bummer, and when YGOTAS finally finishes it's going to feel like the end of an era.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:35 am

Planetnamek wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:44 am Yeah it's a real bummer, and when YGOTAS finally finishes it's going to feel like the end of an era.
Basically. I was fully expecting DBZA to end around the same time as, if not earlier because of their better production schedule than Yugioh Abridged. I imagine LK will do the Dark Side of Dimensions movie after he finishes the show, since he's done the Season 0 Toei movie, the 2004 movie, & Bonds Beyond Time, but we'll see.

korsten
Banned Alternate Account

Post by korsten » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:42 am

Is it true Masakox has parted ways from TFS, not on bad terms but simply moving on to focus on his own channel? I mean if so it would make sense there's no real need for a Goku or Gohan character at this point.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:26 pm

korsten wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:42 am Is it true Masakox has parted ways from TFS, not on bad terms but simply moving on to focus on his own channel? I mean if so it would make sense there's no real need for a Goku or Gohan character at this point.
No idea, though that does make sense given his channel activity.

Plus, TFS has moved away from the Dragon Ball franchise as of late.