DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:14 pm

I don't understand your facepalm, most of their videos on youtube had close to or sometimes over 1 million views. So by your guess of around 1,000 viewers from youtube that would mean people would have to watch these videos a whole hell of a lot of times. Lets do some math, shall we?

So their average video views was about 1,000,000 and you think they have around 1,000 viewers... here, I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt here and use 5,000. So thats...

1,000,000 divided by 5,000 which brings us to 200 views per person, whereas 1,000 viewers would have left us at 1,000 views per person. See where that doesn't add up quite right?[/i]

Oh, and this ain't /b/, so check your memes at the door, friend.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:20 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote: Oh, and this ain't /b/,
Thank god.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Freeza.exe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza.exe » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:29 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote: Oh, and this ain't /b/, so check your memes at the door, friend.
HA HA oh irony, I see in your past posts you were bobbing on /b/'s knob what happened?

All the math you did was irrelevant I said Thousands not Thousand. Which could be 99,999 if I wanted it to be.
:roll:
Last edited by Freeza.exe on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My friend broke my PSP just in time for Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 to come out....WHOOOO!

verto
Beyond Newbie

Post by verto » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:33 pm

Thats why he gave you the number 5,000. 5,000>thousand :O

Freeza.exe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza.exe » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:34 pm

verto wrote:Thats why he gave you the number 5,000. 5,000>thousand :O
I wasn't facepalming at the views thing. I should have edited that out of the post, my bad.
My friend broke my PSP just in time for Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 to come out....WHOOOO!

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:25 pm

Well, fact is you can't really enjoy too much celebrity status when doing a thing like this. As TFS has said themselves, you have to fly under the radar, and hope that if/when TPTB notice it they deem it harmless or beneficial enough to turn a blind eye (as FUNi seems to with DBZA). To that end, as cool as getting that many views must have been, accepting a lower view rate and changing hosts really isn't a bad idea. That, laying low for a few months. Little Kuriboh pulled it off. His first account was hounded by assholes trying to get him banned, until eventually he was. Then he seemingly disappeared from Youtbube, and distributed elsewhere (I remember him some direct downloads and torrents, he kept people up to date via his livejournal, etc). And then out of nowhere he resurfaced and to my knowledge hasn't had any trouble. Heck, it took him uploading a couple of new episodes before I believed his current account wasn't someone making a joke account.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:40 am

Freeza.exe wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote: Oh, and this ain't /b/, so check your memes at the door, friend.
HA HA oh irony, I see in your past posts you were bobbing on /b/'s knob what happened?
Wrong again, in my previous posts that you mentioned (but clearly didn't go back to actually check) I was chastising people here for grouping 4chan in as a whole with the antics that go on in /b/. And as far as you saying "ER I COULDA MENT 100,000 IF I WAUNT TOOO" when you said thousands, that's complete horse shit and you know it. If that's what you really meant then you wouldn't have "facepalmed" when I corrected your figures of thousands to hundreds of thousands.

It was a good attempt at trying to catch me contradicting myself though, better luck next time, friend.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Freeza.exe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza.exe » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:41 am

*Edit*

Fuck it, it's not worth starting shit. You're super cool.

So about that DBZ Abridged.

hui43210
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hui43210 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:08 pm

By the way are we ever going to find out what that surprise is?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:54 pm

hui43210 wrote:By the way are we ever going to find out what that surprise is?
When they surprise us with the news.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:14 am

Here's a suggestion...

Why don't you try to make your own website and play the episodes using embedded Flash player ((with downloading options)) instead of going to other video hosting websites?

Your own site = your own rules.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Remix
Beyond Newbie

Post by Remix » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:50 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Here's a suggestion...

Why don't you try to make your own website and play the episodes using embedded Flash player ((with downloading options)) instead of going to other video hosting websites?

And then they would be the ones to directly hear from Toei, as they would be seen as solely responsible. That's really something to look forward to, yeah.
Hi, I'm WeeklyTubeShow. Innagadadavida and I like to make videos.

Perhaps you'd like to see one.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:29 am

Remix wrote:

And then they would be the ones to directly hear from Toei, as they would be seen as solely responsible. That's really something to look forward to, yeah.
Can you name me a fansite full of parody videos and other fan-created things, but got shut down for copyrights from the main companies themselves?!

VGCats, SNAFU, and other webcomic sites that parodies video games and other anime are intact and didn't get any notifications.

We still have Dragon Ball Multiverse, right?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Freeza.exe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza.exe » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:18 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
Remix wrote:

Can you name me a fansite full of parody videos and other fan-created things, but got shut down for copyrights from the main companies themselves?!

VGCats, SNAFU, and other webcomic sites that parodies video games and other anime are intact and didn't get any notifications.

All of those places are creating their own art not using footage from the show/manga/games themselves. Then again the Yu-gi-oh Abridged site is still up so...

Remix
Beyond Newbie

Post by Remix » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:59 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Can you name me a fansite full of parody videos and other fan-created things, but got shut down for copyrights from the main companies themselves?!
You've used an exclamation point. I'm going to take this as yelling.

Stop yelling. And by the way, have you heard of Bid For Power?
SHINOBI-03 wrote:VGCats, SNAFU, and other webcomic sites that parodies video games and other anime are intact and didn't get any notifications.

And the main issue in general has flown right over your head.
Freeza.exe wrote:All of those places are creating their own art not using footage from the show/manga/games themselves.
There's your answer, Shinobi... !

Exclamation point. I just yelled back at you. hurhurhur
Freeza.exe wrote:Then again the Yu-gi-oh Abridged site is still up so...
In these recent cases, obviously, Toei is sweeping through YouTube using the Content Verification Program that the site provides copyright-holding companies the ability to issue multiple removal requests in fell swoops. Now, that's just YouTube. But, if Toei was to be notified by some filthy rat that the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged site (or this hypothetical TFS site) even existed, I don't think they'd pass up sending a C&D to the site that is infringing upon their rights.

When YouTube are the ones who get these notices from Toei, they simply take your videos down and/or suspend your account. When it is your own site that Toei has found their material on, you are going to have to hear from Toei yourself. You will be held completely accountable. And I don't know about you, but if I was Kaiser, I'd almost certainly drop a deuce if I saw an email from Toei's legal department in my inbox.
Hi, I'm WeeklyTubeShow. Innagadadavida and I like to make videos.

Perhaps you'd like to see one.

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:26 am

That's what happened at the Chrono Compendium, and turned an all but completed fan sequel to Chrono Trigger (built from the ground up within the CT ROM itself) into a series of Youtube vids and a fanfic-conversion project.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:37 pm

I've received C&D's a bunch of times and because I owned the website I replied to them personally. I got an actual human instead of an automated email which is much better. In my situation, I was told specifically what couldn't be posted (leaks, etc.) but they actually thanked me for making the fansite. They didn't bother me over anything else except leaks, even though technically most of the stuff I posted was copyright. This was Fox, not Toei. Not sure how they would handle it.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Onikage725 wrote:That's what happened at the Chrono Compendium, and turned an all but completed fan sequel to Chrono Trigger (built from the ground up within the CT ROM itself) into a series of Youtube vids and a fanfic-conversion project.
Weren't those guys going to charge as well for the product? It would have been an awesome game, but I can't help like feeling it could have survived if they hadn't decided to do that.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:00 pm

No, it was going to be free... like CT Remix... like Chrono Resurrection... like Chrono Trigger 3D... oh, you get the idea. For a property they never use, Square sure is stingy about this - none of the final fantasy projects get C&D's like this. At least, none that I know of.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Velasa wrote:Weren't those guys going to charge as well for the product? It would have been an awesome game, but I can't help like feeling it could have survived if they hadn't decided to do that.
Nono, that was a vicious rumor spread by a certain person I won't name who was trying to get the project shut down. They had no plans to release ROMs or charge. They were going to distribute a free patch, the same as any other fan project of that nature. They have written SE's legal department to attempt to clarify things (they seemed to think that they would be distributing hacked versions of the DS game, as opposed to patches compatible with SNES ROMs). They have offered to give the game to SE (for free) for them to distribute if they wished, even as non-canon WiiWare or DSiWare DLC. At one point, the lawyer promised a more in-depth answer. However, he broke off contact without giving a reason, and all has been silent since.

I think it is somewhat ironic that SquareEnix goes to such lengths when they have no interest in continuing the series (if certain comments are to be taken seriously), and to my knowledge Nintendo has taken no action against the very large Pokemon mod community. I've come across a half dozen Ruby or FireRed hacks used to recreate the G/S/C generation, and Nintendo actually HAS remakes of that generation in production. Yet those projects continue unmolested.