DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zephyr
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Zephyr » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Zephyr wrote:I'm curious about the beginning, when Vegeta was unconscious, 'making his wish'. Where is that footage from? Did you guys cut and paste that together? If you did it looks fantastic.
It was from when he was transforming into a Great Ape when fighting Goku. They replaced/altered the background however.
Okay, thanks, I couldn't even tell.

You guys are too good at this.

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:46 pm

Big Momma wrote:Wow, that's some great editing. I didn't even notice!
Really? There was a pink glow around Vegeta...
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Kuhan wrote:
Big Momma wrote:Wow, that's some great editing. I didn't even notice!
Really? There was a pink glow around Vegeta...
I didn't notice it. :wink:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:10 pm

I thought that was an added effect or something.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Zephyr wrote:I thought that was an added effect or something.
Same here. Maybe an effect of the wish?
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:06 pm

My thoughts precisely.

ShiningMoon
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShiningMoon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:48 pm

I also assumed that the glowing was the wish taking effect.
As a bonus, it can totally be justified, what with it being a dream and all. In Vegeta's subconscious, people glow a magical pink when the dragon grants wishes "on" them! (...And...in Vegeta's subconscious, Vegeta...knows exactly what Shenlong looks like...? Okay, maybe taking it that far was a bad idea.)

Also, I second the person a number of posts back who said that Vegeta needs more songs. But what really made this episode for me was Goku's building excitement about Freeza topped with the cherry of the delighted squeal. It was all I do not to squeal along with him.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:56 am

Yes, Goku's "hysterical fan girl" moment was one of the best scenes in the most recent episode :D. It will be interesting if Goku's expectations are not dashed when he arrives on Namek :twisted: .

P.S. Did anyone else find it weird that George Takei sounds an awful lot like Zarbon? :P

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:52 am

^ Yeah, I find the Zarbon bits of the episode the funniest. Still not as good as Yu-Gi-Oh the abridged series.

When is abridged Goku going to get funny ??? He's really boring, man. I mean they should hurry up and give him a catchphrase or something. It's frickin episode 17 already. >_>

And for that matter, the others could use some as well. Sometimes they're just as funny as the Funimation dub. :(

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Ahiru77 wrote:^ Yeah, I find the Zarbon bits of the episode the funniest. Still not as good as Yu-Gi-Oh the abridged series.

When is abridged Goku going to get funny ??? He's really boring, man. I mean they should hurry up and give him a catchphrase or something. It's frickin episode 17 already. >_>

And for that matter, the others could use some as well. Sometimes they're just as funny as the Funimation dub. :(
*headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk*
*headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk*

Someone clean that pile of brain mush off the table please?

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:49 pm

Ahiru77 wrote:When is abridged Goku going to get funny ??? He's really boring, man. I mean they should hurry up and give him a catchphrase or something. It's frickin episode 17 already. >_>
Catchphrases do not make someone funny. A good catchphrase can be funny, but they can become gimmicky in a hurry.

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Eddie wrote:
Ahiru77 wrote:When is abridged Goku going to get funny ??? He's really boring, man. I mean they should hurry up and give him a catchphrase or something. It's frickin episode 17 already. >_>
Catchphrases do not make someone funny. A good catchphrase can be funny, but they can become gimmicky in a hurry.
Ever tried jingling keys or something to a baby? That's what catchphrases are to fanboys :lol:

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Ahiru77 wrote:^ I mean they should hurry up and give him a catchphrase or something.
Yeah guys, I vote for "HEY GABBA GABBA WHATS GOIN ON OVER HUUUUR!" I think if you could use this 4 or 5 times in an episode I'd be pretty thrilled.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:27 pm

A catchphrase would ruin Goku's character. I like him better when he does things like squeal with glee over the thought of fighting someone stronger than him.

I'm assuming he may do something similar when Trunks warn about the Androids.

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:39 pm

I'm a little curious to see the introduction of the Ginyu Force. Specifically, music wise. Will they use the original theme, the Kai theme, or something completely inappropriate, like Village People?

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Lance Freeman wrote:I'm a little curious to see the introduction of the Ginyu Force. Specifically, music wise. Will they use the original theme, the Kai theme, or something completely inappropriate, like Village People?
Power Rangers theme song.
That's my prediction anyway. Finger crossed
"There's ten thousand reasons to survive, but you only needed one to die." -CKY-

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:20 pm

If there's anyone who hasn't found Goku very funny as of yet, it's mostly because we haven't had a lot to work with. It's sort of frustrating, but we don't want to make the character gimmicky and at the same time, we don't want him to be just... there, either.

We'd LIKE to think he's gotten funnier over time, but... we've got a lot more Goku coming up soon, so we'll see how it goes.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Lance Freeman wrote:I'm a little curious to see the introduction of the Ginyu Force. Specifically, music wise. Will they use the original theme, the Kai theme, or something completely inappropriate, like Village People?
I vote for Y.M.C.A! :P

I'm laughing now just picturing it in my head. :wink:

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:55 am

KaiserNeko wrote:If there's anyone who hasn't found Goku very funny as of yet, it's mostly because we haven't had a lot to work with. It's sort of frustrating, but we don't want to make the character gimmicky and at the same time, we don't want him to be just... there, either.

We'd LIKE to think he's gotten funnier over time, but... we've got a lot more Goku coming up soon, so we'll see how it goes.
I myself think Goku is getting funnier over time but he is upstaged a lot by other characters. I guess it is because in the series he is already partially comical so it is not unexpected and it seems the more unexpected stuff ("Piccolo would never say that!") is what often get's a laugh. Yet I like the idea of Son Goku basically becoming even more of a man child then he was in the actual series and making him even more naive then usual. It basically takes all the charming and comedic stuff we expect from Goku and multiplying it by a factor of 10.

I dunno, what does everyone else think about Goku's treatment so far?
Last edited by Maphisto86 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShiningMoon
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShiningMoon » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:05 am

I actually love how Goku's been treated, especially of late. Like you said, he's normally a comical character, so the differences seem more subtle, or something, but -- I loved the blatant-ness of the scene with his over-the-top excitement about fighting Freeza. To me it said, "Aww, he's so cute, and -- wait, Kaio's right, he's seriously effed up in the head. Why has nobody noticed how dangerous this guy is? -- Ohh, but he's so adorable and clueless, so it's okay." (I mean, these are things I think about Goku anyway, so it's great to see them dragged shamelessly out into the open...)
But anyway, in a more general sense, I've been loving this Goku. I really don't think I could ask for more from him. He doesn't need a catch-phrase or anything like that. I can't wait to see more of him in upcoming episodes! I mean, obviously I don't know anything about what's actually going on, but it feels like he'll finally be able to establish himself a bit more then, somehow?