DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Rukura » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Lance Freeman wrote:
Rukura wrote:I was wondering...could the scene with Mr. Popo and Shenlong eventually lead into a foreshadowing to the Evil Dragons stuff in a possible GT Abridged? :wink:
I wouldn't bet on it, since there's still a big, huge question mark as to whether or not they'll do the Buu saga.
Only if they get burned out before they reach it (dear kami, I hope not). I remember them tossing a comment on the podcast about having some jokes planned all the way to the Boo saga.

That was just me hoping for a GT Abridged where Popo is the catalyst for evil dragons :P
Last edited by Rukura on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:05 pm

Well considering that they had voice actors for Goten and Boo for a while now, I think its safe to assume that their doing it.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Insertclevername wrote:Well considering that they had voice actors for Goten and Boo for a while now, I think its safe to assume that their doing it.
I remember that Kaiser was interviewed a while back, and he said that it would take another three years to get through the Androids/Cell stuff, and that their personal lives might take precendence by then.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Gonstead wrote:I'm just hoping we'll have Masako deepen the voice somewhat as Gohan ages like with Colleen in Kai.
I just hope he sounds more masculine than Colleen did, Colleen's Gohan during the Cell Games still sounded girlie but she did modify the voice a bit.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Like I said before, it was a clear foreshadow, or at least, either they do GT or not, it was a nod to it.
The only other possibility is it being a giant coincidence.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:24 am

Rukura wrote:I was wondering...could the scene with Mr. Popo and Shenlong eventually lead into a foreshadowing to the Evil Dragons stuff in a possible GT Abridged? :wink:
Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing.

funrush

Post by funrush » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:55 am

ringworm128 wrote:
Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing.
Well, athough it probably won't happen, it's good to set things up.

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Attitudefan wrote:Yeah, I'm not too fond of King Cold's voice. Sounds too much like one of the other characters... can't place who.
Sounds a bit like hbi2k doing an imitation of Lanipator's Popo. I'm not even sure that hbi2k is Cold, but that's what it sounds like.
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Kuhan wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:Yeah, I'm not too fond of King Cold's voice. Sounds too much like one of the other characters... can't place who.
Sounds a bit like hbi2k doing an imitation of Lanipator's Popo. I'm not even sure that hbi2k is Cold, but that's what it sounds like.
Yup. I just looked, and it is hbi2k doing King Cold's voice.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:09 pm

I can assure you guys, the little you've seen of King Cold is only a hint at what he'll be in the long run.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:17 pm

I can't say it's bad, I just am not impressed thus far, like I usually am.

Obviously, my full judgment will have to wait. Even though King Cold will probably be in, like, one episode.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:53 pm

What? Cold's voice made me burst laughing. From Gori's amazing deep voice to this? Awesome.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Just searched for "TFS King Cold" and watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzr8D1RcDdI

I was pretty disappointed with the voice (sounded like Mr. Popo) but this probably isn't the final version, so nothing to worry about.

The vocal I had in mind was kind of a mix from the English Kai King Cold voice, FUNimation gave him an awesome voice for the time he lasted!
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:30 am

King Cold kind of reminds me of pops from regular show.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:54 am

It sounded more like an imitation of Brad Jackson's King Cold to me.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

TonyTheTiger

Post by TonyTheTiger » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Cold reminded me of the Gromble from Aaahh!!! Real Monsters. I like it.

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:15 pm

dario03 wrote:King Cold kind of reminds me of pops from regular show.
Hah! It would be hilarious if he laughed the same.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Gonstead wrote:It sounded more like an imitation of Brad Jackson's King Cold to me.
I really don't see how it could be anything else, it was Jackson's Cold with a slightly higher, daintier pitch.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:26 am

DNA wrote:What? Cold's voice made me burst laughing. From Gori's amazing deep voice to this? Awesome.
Yes exactly. Don't understand the bitching about his voice. It was supposed to make you laugh not make you frown.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:48 am

Well, maybe I don't fully understand your opinions because I've never heard his American voice or voices. I'm not big on dubs.