DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by worldmonsters » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:55 am

They should've used Trunks' Ultimate Battle 22 theme in the series. Such a great piece of music :p

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:59 am

worldmonsters wrote:They should've used Trunks' Ultimate Battle 22 theme in the series. Such a great piece of music :p
Well... The series hasn't ended yet.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:02 am

Godo wrote:
penguintruth wrote:Imagine what Goku would do to the name "Spopovich".
It has to include the word "super" I believe. "Super Witch" maybe? It would fit with Babidi being a wizard and all. :)
Here's more:

"Stompabitch"

"Stopthegrintch"

I bet he'll misinterpret his name in various ways.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:57 am

He was romanised as 'Spopobitch' in the Spanish manga. Try playing with that :P
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:59 am

So we've got "Super-bitch", "Super-witch", "stomp-a-bitch", "stop-the-grinch", and some of my own: "stop-the-grinch" and "pop-a-bitch". Any of those, or something else, would work for humorous manglings of "Spopovich".
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:59 pm

DNA wrote:
worldmonsters wrote:They should've used Trunks' Ultimate Battle 22 theme in the series. Such a great piece of music :p
Took me a little bit to realize the misunderstanding here :p I meant in the anime proper :p But yeah, if it could be in Abridged... yeah that would be friggin awesome :p If it fits well anyway :p

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:14 pm

worldmonsters wrote:
DNA wrote:
Took me a little bit to realize the misunderstanding here :p I meant in the anime proper :p But yeah, if it could be in Abridged... yeah that would be friggin awesome :p If it fits well anyway :p
If you weren't talking about Abridged then why mention that? You came here and randomly blurted that a song from a game should have been in the TV series, meaning your comment had no relation to the topic in the first place.

Anyway, speaking of music, my favourite musical piece used on Abridged still is Magus Theme, it just made the scene so epic.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeah, that Magus theme placement was sick. I can't think of something else I really dig at the moment except the Star Wars music in episode 30.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:31 am

I hate to double post, but I just remembered to ask this.

Kaiser, are you going to change the theme on your website, as in put Cell saga stuff instead of the current Freeza theme?
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:35 pm

TFS podcast update!

I want to call him "Virus" too, but I've been indecisive since the name pun hasn't been revealed yet.
Yes, cheesesteaks are delicious. :3
Taka wanted Birusu to be a rabbit; if it's any consolation, I've read that the type of cat Birusu is based on also originates from Canada, despite the name sounding Egyptian.
Let's Plays with Guru and Mr. Popo. XD The most recent Vegeta and Nappa Let's Play, the magic one, was especially funny.
That Kamesennin laugh from the Garlic Jr episode is very fun. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:25 am

DNA wrote:
worldmonsters wrote:
If you weren't talking about Abridged then why mention that? You came here and randomly blurted that a song from a game should have been in the TV series, meaning your comment had no relation to the topic in the first place.
Because it was used in one of those Broli video's in the post before mine. It was really a stream of thought more than a worthwhile post, I agree, sorry about that :p Wouldn't mind it being used in Abridged though :p

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:54 pm

I'm far beyond the times, but I just got done watching the Garlic Jr. episode, and I loved it. It was perfect. It took every part of Garlic Jr. that was actually good (that is, everything that wasn't actually Garlic Jr.) and cut out everything else. Brilliant. Hilarious.

Granted, it did kind of give that away early on by using the footage of Yamucha biting Piccolo in a one-off gag. Obviously that plot couldn't have been used again. And I also have no problem of Popo getting rid of Garlic Jr. It was so minor and obvious that it was still good. I mean, it was just the tag. It was the Brick Joke. It had to be resolved quickly and in an obvious, easy way just to show how unimportant it was.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Love the Two Saiyans Play series. Hope Vegeta picks a good game.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 pm

It is time. Almost.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:59 pm

I saw that. And I don't have class until after 2 tomorrow, so I have all night... :D

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:04 pm

I don't even have to go to school tomorrow, so I'm in the same boat! 8)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Very nice :3

Time for the Android Arc to begin!
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:01 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:02 am

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:16 am

Loved it! All of it!

Trunks sounds great from that small line. Sounded just like Eric Vale! Good job Kaiser!
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)