DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by KaiserNeko » Mon May 18, 2015 6:19 pm

Doctor. wrote:The park ranger one isn't really for hardcore fans, as both the anime and manga imply this heavily.
Kind of, but you'd be surprised how many people I've met don't remember that small scene at all, and it's never really implied he's a park ranger. That was something Toriyama addressed later.

It's actually pretty surprising how many people don't know that Cat Loves Food is from the original dub, too.

As far as 18 and the KOC count go, well... you'll see.

Lastly, I'm a huuuge proponent of those hardcore-fan jokes. Just try not to overload the script with them.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:06 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Lastly, I'm a huuuge proponent of those hardcore-fan jokes. Just try not to overload the script with them.
When Cell calls 16 the red haired Step-child, I thought there was gonna be a joke about him being Dr. Gero's son.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:02 pm

I'm more curious as to how Mr. Popo's death at the hands of Boo will play out. Up until now he's been portrayed as this untouchable monstrosity, so will they continue to play that up, or will he finally meet his match?

Boo: "Boo eat you!!"
Mr. Popo: "Yeah, that's not happening."
*Popo uses dark energy; Boo is unaffected*
Mr. Popo: "Umm... pecking order?"
*Boo eats him*
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon May 18, 2015 10:31 pm

I'm more curious to see how bad of an ass whupping Mr. Popo will give Goten and Trunks.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue May 19, 2015 4:37 pm

johnboy1 wrote:I'm more curious as to how Mr. Popo's death at the hands of Boo will play out. Up until now he's been portrayed as this untouchable monstrosity, so will they continue to play that up, or will he finally meet his match?

*Boo eats him*
Buu probably eats Popo and then Popo later shows up inside him with Goku and Vegeta and scares Buu into letting them go.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Wed May 20, 2015 1:40 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
johnboy1 wrote:I'm more curious as to how Mr. Popo's death at the hands of Boo will play out. Up until now he's been portrayed as this untouchable monstrosity, so will they continue to play that up, or will he finally meet his match?

*Boo eats him*
Buu probably eats Popo and then Popo later shows up inside him with Goku and Vegeta and scares Buu into letting them go.
I'm expecting Popo to be the one that defuses Vegettto :lol:
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed May 20, 2015 2:27 am

If you honestly think, after these many years, that I can't edit around Popo getting absorbed, then I need to step up my game.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:45 am

KaiserNeko wrote:If you honestly think, after these many years, that I can't edit around Popo getting absorbed, then I need to step up my game.
He obviously was having tea with Alucard and Demon God Dumplin during this time. #Dumplinabridgedcanon
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Wed May 20, 2015 8:06 am

Let's do the opposite.
Popo absorbs Buu (even for a few minutes) and then becomes Dumplin!

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed May 20, 2015 9:37 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:If you honestly think, after these many years, that I can't edit around Popo getting absorbed, then I need to step up my game.
He obviously was having wine with Alucard and Demon God Dumplin during this time. #Dumplinabridgedcanon
Fixed.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Well yeah, but that's the boring way to do it. :P

Seriously though, it would be somewhat cathartic for Popo to be an untouchable Mary Sue throughout the entire series only to run headfirst into someone totally out of his league.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 20, 2015 3:35 pm

johnboy1 wrote:
Well yeah, but that's the boring way to do it. :P

Seriously though, it would be somewhat cathartic for Popo to be an untouchable Mary Sue throughout the entire series only to run headfirst into someone totally out of his league.
But it would be better if it was someone unexpected...

Like Dumplin.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:40 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:But it would be better if it was someone unexpected...

Like Dumplin.
I yearn for Dumplin to appear in DBZA at some point. Hell, once DBZA has run its course, I'd love to see an original mini-series starring Dumplin and Spudz.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu May 21, 2015 9:34 am

Speaking of Dumplin, I think I figured out how he came to be in this world. He is, in fact, the result change of Majin Buu absorbing Mr. Popo!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu May 21, 2015 2:54 pm

TFS has finally achieved the 10,000 dollar dream on patreon. If at any point Dumplin was going to get into anything outside of the games, the possibility for it happening is now, with that production house.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 21, 2015 3:45 pm

FoolsGil wrote:TFS has finally achieved the 10,000 dollar dream on patreon. If at any point Dumplin was going to get into anything outside of the games, the possibility for it happening is now, with that production house.
More Dumplin, outside of Xenoverse, would be awesome. Perhaps a cameo in DBZ Abridged.

Demon of Light
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Demon of Light » Thu May 21, 2015 6:42 pm

If Dumplin does appear in Abridged (I would be stoked if he made a cameo in the Buu Arc, Majin and all that), would it be revealed that he is the Majin behind the terror that is Popo? Or would it be the other way around?

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu May 21, 2015 11:51 pm

Demon of Light wrote:If Dumplin does appear in Abridged (I would be stoked if he made a cameo in the Buu Arc, Majin and all that), would it be revealed that he is the Majin behind the terror that is Popo? Or would it be the other way around?
BlazingBarrrager wrote:Speaking of Dumplin, I think I figured out how he came to be in this world. He is, in fact, the result change of Majin Buu absorbing Mr. Popo!

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Fri May 22, 2015 1:52 pm

Judging by their rate of editing, how much of the next episode do they already have done when another episode is finished?
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri May 22, 2015 5:02 pm

The latest progress is probably a special case to have something to show for the upcoming con.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)