DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:06 am

I really enjoyed Abridged, because it reminds me of what they used to do on Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and the old Cartoon Network promos where they'd get a bunch of Justice League characters together and use the old footage to edit brand new stuff out of it.

You guys have a real nice flavor to things; I hope EX sporks you into working on episode 2.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:35 pm

VEry Nice!!!! when are you getting more episodes?

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:42 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:VEry Nice!!!! when are you getting more episodes?
The next episode will be up early July! :D
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:03 pm

Well Kaiser, as much as I love, am amused by, and have every bit of appreciation for DBZ:TAS... I gotta say, it's got me a bit depressed at the same time. Because now, in light of this fantastic work, I can't help but wonder what will become of my plans for a GT "Abridged" series.

I've been planning it for a little while. In addition to my bizarre fascination with it, GT seems the logical choice out of the three series for a parody; it's short, it's fun, it hasn't been done (well) yet, and it's so bad, most of the jokes will write themselves. I've got the means, creativity (though some things might end up similar to the humor in my GT rewrite fic), and (most of) the necessary voice talent for it. All I've been really holding out on seriously working on it for was a good source of footage, which isn't happening until September with the first Remastered set.

But now, I'm not so sure of myself anymore. I'm not really concerned with comparing popularity or anything, but I'm worried that my forthcoming attempt might be seen as "copying" you guys (then again, we're ALL "copying" LittleKuriboh in concept), or that OTHER people might try to unfairly compare it, the same way your work is being compared to Alternate Reality.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:07 pm

(figured I'd comment here instead of the podcast topic)

What I really liked about this first episode was thought it brought up some things that I'm pretty sure everyone would agree has been part of some kind of online debate. With that said, I still laugh at the whole Double Sunday/Keep your eye on the birdie thing. I hope to see even more of those kinds of jokes in later episodes :D.

And best of luck with GT Abridged, Kaboom. We just keep getting more and more people on this forum doing really cool stuff with the series nowadays.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:50 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Well Kaiser, as much as I love, am amused by, and have every bit of appreciation for DBZ:TAS... I gotta say, it's got me a bit depressed at the same time. Because now, in light of this fantastic work, I can't help but wonder what will become of my plans for a GT "Abridged" series.

I've been planning it for a little while. In addition to my bizarre fascination with it, GT seems the logical choice out of the three series for a parody; it's short, it's fun, it hasn't been done (well) yet, and it's so bad, most of the jokes will write themselves. I've got the means, creativity (though some things might end up similar to the humor in my GT rewrite fic), and (most of) the necessary voice talent for it. All I've been really holding out on seriously working on it for was a good source of footage, which isn't happening until September with the first Remastered set.

But now, I'm not so sure of myself anymore. I'm not really concerned with comparing popularity or anything, but I'm worried that my forthcoming attempt might be seen as "copying" you guys (then again, we're ALL "copying" LittleKuriboh in concept), or that OTHER people might try to unfairly compare it, the same way your work is being compared to Alternate Reality.
Well, I've started a GT one, but I'd love to see your parody. Yeah, I hate when people say "You're copying LittleKuriboh" or "Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged is the ONLY good one." There are others, such as this DBZ Abridged, I also like TeamDattebayo's Death Note Abridged. I also have a Death Note Parody Series, people seem to enjoy.

If you need decent footage, I have some of the GT DVD singles.

Anyways, Kaiser & others, you should be proud of what you've done. Can't wait for the next episode.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:30 am

That was funny. Yugioh The abridged is still the best Abridged series I think but this is looking great. None of the other abridged series on the internet are actually funny e.g Naruto Abridged , One piece abridged and more but this one was very funny. Good job.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:40 am

It's inspiring enough to get a real microphone and reinstall Adobe Premiere and just make a freaking Gundam Abridged. It's a terrible idea though. :lol:

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:34 am

So this isn't associated with the guys doing the DBZ movies abridged?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:37 am

testing223 wrote:So this isn't associated with the guys doing the DBZ movies abridged?
I think it is, the voices are exactly the same, and I swear I remember the names of the YouTube users from there, and they said so in the new podcast too I believe.

AleezaChocolat

Post by AleezaChocolat » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:42 pm

testing223 wrote:So this isn't associated with the guys doing the DBZ movies abridged?
No, they're the ones who did the movies, too. Only, when they made those, they didn't have as big of a cast as they do now for the abridged series.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:39 pm

It was a while before they began to call themselves TeamFourStar.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:49 pm

Absolutely fantastic, and funny as hell. Keep it up, I don't think I've had this good of a laugh in a long time. "Oh my god he's a parent!" xD
-Laserkid

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:53 pm

KaiserNeko,

Is there any chance of us getting high quality downloads of these DBZA episodes? They're just so cool I'd love to put them on my Zune and show them to my friends.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:31 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:TeamFourStar has released a new video of some "voiceing" that gets a little off topic, pretty hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOVORQzNmrM

I'm still staring at their youtube page, waiting for them to upload episode 2! :shock:
I actually laughed out loud at "smoke the brownies".

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:23 pm

Hilarious stuff. I love Yugioh Abridged, and this is right up my alley :P

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:23 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:KaiserNeko,

Is there any chance of us getting high quality downloads of these DBZA episodes? They're just so cool I'd love to put them on my Zune and show them to my friends.
Bookmark the following code as a link, and click on it when you are on the video page, and you should get a higher bitrate MP4 download link to appear. Right click and download that, and enjoy.

Code: Select all

javascript:if%20(document.getElementById('download-youtube-video')==null%20&&%20!!(document.location.href.match(/http:\/\/[a-zA-Z\.]*youtube\.com\/watch/)))%20{var%20yt_mp4_path='http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt=18&video_id='+swfArgs['video_id']+'&t='+swfArgs['t'];%20var%20div_embed=document.getElementById('watch-embed-div');if(div_embed){var%20div_download=document.createElement('div');div_download.innerHTML='<br%20/>%20<span%20id=\'download-youtube-video\'><a%20href=\''+yt_mp4_path+'\'>Download%20as%20MP4</a>%20'+%20%20((navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Safari')!=-1)?'(control-click%20and%20select%20<i>Download%20linked%20file%20as</i>)':('(right-click%20and%20select%20<i>Save%20'+%20(navigator.appName=='Microsoft%20Internet%20Explorer'?'target':'link')%20+'%20as)</i>'))+'</span>';div_embed.appendChild(div_download);}}void(0);
Last edited by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:17 pm

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi wrote:

Bookmark this link, and click on it when you are on the video page, and you should get a higher bitrate MP4 download link to appear. Right click and download that, and enjoy.
Umm...I don't see any link. Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for though.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:26 pm

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi wrote:

Bookmark this link, and click on it when you are on the video page, and you should get a higher bitrate MP4 download link to appear. Right click and download that, and enjoy.
I don't really understand what you're saying. :?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Ha Ha Ha! That was so hilarious. :lol: Can't wait till the next episode.
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile